News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bull's 68 Charger restoration thread

Started by bull, March 15, 2010, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: 68Charger4me on August 03, 2012, 04:15:54 PM
Thanks for posting the pics :2thumbs:  Do you know if the deal was for automatics as well?

Yes, but I didn't see any automatic sets there that day. That doesn't mean they don't have them...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93694.0.html

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on August 03, 2012, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: 68Charger4me on August 03, 2012, 04:15:54 PM
Thanks for posting the pics :2thumbs:  Do you know if the deal was for automatics as well?

Yes, but I didn't see any automatic sets there that day. That doesn't mean they don't have them...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93694.0.html

So that is MoparEd.  There's a member @ the Registry who had him paint his car.  From the pix, it looks fantastic.  I was meaning to wheel over there & ask him if he was who Tolley used.

Curtis, I'm in a chair but I can still do a lot.  When the time comes to fire it up & you need a hand let me know.  Trust me, I have no pride anymore so I have no qualms about asking you to reciprocate it some day.

And if you want to exchange that plate, let me know here pretty soon cause Sunbust is coming up & if I can't make it one of the boyz can take it up there.  Ed's always up here for all the big Mopar shows.

bull

Thanks, Mike. :cheers: To be quite honest, I'm really pretty nervous about starting this thing up. I'm pretty sure it would be fine but considering some of the trouble I've had in the past... :-\ But yea, when I get to that point I'll give you a call. Although I'm not beyond pawing it off on a shop just so they can check my work.

skip68

I fired mine up myself and broke in my cam.   Most will agree I'm an idiot but even I could do it. Your skills by far outweigh mine Curtis so I know you can do it.   :2thumbs:   although looking back if I had the option to have a shop do it I would.  The nervous level was through the roof even the second time around with Vegas Mike helping.   Go with your gut.  The first reaction is usually the right one.   If unsure, have the pro's do it.   ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on August 04, 2012, 11:10:03 AM
I fired mine up myself and broke in my cam.   Most will agree I'm an idiot but even I could do it.

yer not really expecting an argument from anyone here, are ya Capitan Obvious?

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on August 04, 2012, 01:52:09 PM
Quote from: skip68 on August 04, 2012, 11:10:03 AM
I fired mine up myself and broke in my cam.   Most will agree I'm an idiot but even I could do it.

yer not really expecting an argument from anyone here, are ya Capitan Obvious?
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

A few before/after pics and a look at the dash...

bull

Much better now...

A383Wing

bull

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

skip68

Damn fine work going on.  Looks beautiful.   :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Sure does, its amazing to me how far its come Bull.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on September 28, 2012, 11:02:11 PM
Much better now...

:o  Sheesh bull, that looks astounding.  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:   How'd you do that?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bull

Every once in a while I gather up a bunch of parts that need restored and I clean them, blast them and take them to the plater. I don't always plate my things but when I've got some mechanism-type parts (or parts that get stuffed up in some crevice I don't ever want to mess with again) I find it a lot easier and more durable than paint. Can't say it's cheaper but in many ways it's nearly a wash, all things considered.

These parts and many more were done in electroless nickel.

A383Wing

I thought he was gonna say "magic"

Bryan

bull

It is magic. I just explained how magic works. :cheers:

lexxman

I lucky that way my work gets things plated all the time ,so if I need something done I just put it in with order.And its all free!!! :2thumbs: Your parts look great.

bull

I wish I had that option. But, if I send enough stuff in all at once it comes out pretty good on the price per piece.

Patronus

That dash looks surprisingly shiny. Hope it's not gloss.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Steve P.

I'm lovin the shiny parts.  Really look great BUll. You take pretty damn good pics too.. Side by sides would be even better..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

Quote from: Patronus on October 03, 2012, 12:38:00 AM
That dash looks surprisingly shiny. Hope it's not gloss.

The only real shine I'm seeing is the light from the flash bouncing off the gauge lense. Per 1HotDaytona's specifications, I used SEM Color Coat Landau black with a couple top coats of SEM Color Coat satin gloss clear.

bull

Fired the car up today for the first time in about, oh, eight years now I guess. Everything went great. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0UoihHkMkw&feature=youtu.be