News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5 BUCK CHARGER WEB SITE

Started by mike r, August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurgan383

Or you could submit an essay, and trade it for a '69 if you win!

www.5buckcharger.com

Neal_J

Here's an alternative:  take $5, say a prayer that someone gives you a Charger, and bury the $5 on the spot of your prayer.   The odds should be about equal to that of you winning this "contest".

MoparManJim

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 07, 2009, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: kurgan383 on August 07, 2009, 09:29:56 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for the support and address some more questions.... There IS a rule that I won't give the car to my wife or friends... that's why I only have 1 essay so far!  Also, I think having a 3rd party pick the winner is a great idea...  I just need to find someone to do it (like the editor of hot rod or Mopar Muscle, something along those lines.)   I'm just going to keep advertising and see if people are into it.  I'm also going to hit the car shows next week and see how that goes.  I'm really trying to be open and not "fishy"... I just think that this could make some good cash AND really make someone else real happy.... just trying to have some fun with it....BTW, I bought my car in '98 the same way Mike R. did... I bought it from a guy in Minnesota.  I saw pics and video, talked with the guy and then sent him the cash and I got the car a few days later!  Maybe we are just dumb....

Man i would love to write in, if only it was a '69.    :icon_smile_big:   :stirthepot:

Boy, you know how that just sounded the way you just said that? Parently your not bright, what would you ask for, for $5.00? You could always give it a try and if you win then you could have a '68 that you can maybe trade someone with that has a '69 that wants a '68 instead.

Khyron

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 07, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
Boy, you know how that just sounded the way you just said that? Parently your not bright, what would you ask for, for $5.00? You could always give it a try and if you win then you could have a '68 that you can maybe trade someone with that has a '69 that wants a '68 instead.

did you not see the pot stir and smilie.... maybe it's you who are not that bright. It's called sarcasm  ::) <---now to explain, the rolling of the eyes is the indication of me not giving a crap.

http://sanitationupdates.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/the-art-of-giving-a-crap/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

maybe that will get it across.  :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on August 07, 2009, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on August 07, 2009, 02:37:39 PM

did you not see the pot stir and smilie.... maybe it's you who are not that bright. It's called sarcasm  ::) <---now to explain, the rolling of the eyes is the indication of me not giving a crap.

http://sanitationupdates.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/the-art-of-giving-a-crap/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

maybe that will get it across.  :nana:

Hey, I never once said I was the sharpest tool in the dang shad.  :nana:

bull

It's good that you admit it. I'd hate to think you're the only one here who doesn't know. ;)

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on August 07, 2009, 11:09:21 PM
It's good that you admit it. I'd hate to think you're the only one here who doesn't know. ;)

Well, if I didn't know, I would simply ask.  :lol:

69charger2002

i think it's been well known under the radar for quite some time about the TOOL comment.   :pity:
as far as the car, i think it should be a FREE essay with the winner getting the car! wonder if you'd get 6600 entries then? i would imagine so, but then there would be no money at the end. what's the fun in that?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 08, 2009, 11:18:41 AM
i think it's been well known under the radar for quite some time about the TOOL comment.  :pity:
as far as the car, i think it should be a FREE essay with the winner getting the car! wonder if you'd get 6600 entries then? i would imagine so, but then there would be no money at the end. what's the fun in that?

I still remember what you said before in one thread.  

Now to rest of you all, now one thing that does come to my mind, sence I haven't ever won anything before, is when you win somthing like a car, is there anykind of tax on that?

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

MoparManJim

I just now notice that in my other reply, I meant to say "Now" but said "Not"  :-[ . So I change it.

bakerhillpins

Looks like this puttered out and died. The link just redirects to http://www.northforktech.com/ now.

Wonder what killed it. Lack of response or the realization of details?  :shruggy:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

I want my 5 bucks back     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

john.v

SG1022

ChgrSteve67

I'm sure after explaining the deal 1,000,000 times he figured out it was way more work than it was worth.

The legal aspect was also probably a nightmare.

A local car customizer decided he was going to raffle off a car he built and he was going to give the proffits to charity. Well after he figured out the whole legal process and people figured out they were going to have to pay taxes on the price of the car which was the amount he collected for the car people started backing out of the raffle. After realizing he was not going to ba able to find enought people to participate in the raffle by the date that was set he started giving everyone their money back which was also a lot harder than he thought it was going to be.

I'm glad to hear he gave people their money back.

lisiecki1 did they give you a reason or just say here is your money?

lisiecki1

From the horses mouth: "hi... this is your money back 5buckcharger.com. I appreciate the support, but at this point, I don't believe I will make the minimum amount of entries. I may try to re-launch the site in the future (with some adjustments) Thanks again for your support and essay! Tom G"
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

MORFF

Tom This is mike I put in a essay I was the Marine who worked on hueys and cobras and went to Iraq. I finally got my 1969 dodge charger project car give me a email some time wanted to know where you got your parts for your cars. Mikeorff2003@yahoo.com
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi