News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen Charger info needed

Started by Black Charger, March 12, 2010, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Charger

I have a couple of questions for the 3rd gen Charger experts on this forum. Were any Chargers built on September 15, 1971? If so, would they be  considered 1971 or 1972 models? I was just wondering, as I think it would be cool to have a Charger born on the same day as me!

I appreciate any help anyone can give me and thanks in advance.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Black Charger on March 12, 2010, 06:52:19 PM
I have a couple of questions for the 3rd gen Charger experts on this forum. Were any Chargers built on September 15, 1971? If so, would they be  considered 1971 or 1972 models? I was just wondering, as I think it would be cool to have a Charger born on the same day as me!

I appreciate any help anyone can give me and thanks in advance.

Sure - That would be a 72.

Black Charger

Thanks for the response maxwellwedge. Now another question. How do I find the car's build date?

NHCharger

Quote from: Black Charger on March 12, 2010, 08:59:31 PM
Thanks for the response maxwellwedge. Now another question. How do I find the car's build date?

Fender Tag.  5th line down, fourth column is the build date.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71383bee

quickest way to identify a 72 from a 71 is the sidemarkers.  The 71's had 2 rows of reflectors with a plate that was flush with the body.  The 72's had elongated single rectangular lights that were not flush and were avail on just about everything Chrysler made till about 1985. 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Black Charger