News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Compression Ratio?

Started by 69chargerdad, December 09, 2005, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerdad

Hi were back again. Can anyone tell us what compression ratio we are running in our 440 or the proper equation? The 440 is 30 over so it now has a 4.350" bore with the stock 3.75" stroke. The heads are 906 open chambered that are cc'd at 93. The block is zero decked with diamond flat top pistons.

Thanks Ken and Marcus

Runner

heres a calculator for you guys.      i came up with a 9.544  but i assumed a 5 cc valve relieve, a TRUE 0 deck, a 4.50 bore gasket (like the felrp 8519pt) and a .039 gasket thickness.    those heads have some large chambers!!

http://kb-silvolite.com/calc.php?action=comp

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

69chargerdad

thanks runner  i'm looking it up now         Ken :cheers:

cudaken

Was there work done in the chambers? Most stock 906's should come in around 88cc's.

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

If you need more static compression there's allways the steel shim head gasket option. Using the same parameters that Runner used it works out to 9.96:1 with the .020 steel shim gasket.   ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69chargerdad

thanks guys   the chambers were polished and we deshroulded the valves    2 came in at 92      6 at 93    we're thinking about the head gasket option now instead of milling the heads.    ken

cudaken

I use the steel shim's my self when there not a blower going on.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chryco Psycho

steel shims work great & are cheap too