News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Conditioning interchangeabilty

Started by stripedelete, March 12, 2010, 12:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

My under hood a/c components were gone when I bought my Charger (69).  I understand from past threads restoring it to working condition would be no cheap date.  I would like to just install the parts to bring the engine compartment closer to original. Call it faux a/c.  Outside of another Charger, are there other mopars from which I can net most of the components? ( i.e. 66-70 New Yorkers w/a 440.)  Or are most of the parts specific to a 1969 Charger?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The compressor & bracketry, pulleys etc should be inter changeable although not "correct".   The hoses, metal lines, condenser wont be  
The 69 BB B body hoses (suction & discharge) were a 1 year only design
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

stripedelete

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 12, 2010, 06:33:14 AM
The compressor & bracketry, pulleys etc should be inter changeable although not "correct".   The hoses, metal lines, condenser wont be  
The 69 BB B body hoses (suction & discharge) were a 1 year only design

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks.

rich4406bbl

Check the engine bays of other 69 b-bodies to see if anything looks common. I'm not up on the A/C stuff but maybe you can get a good bit of it off a coronet. If you have a parts book, check it out for common items between the different product lines.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Coronet, Satellite etc stuff will be the same....just as long as its a '69 big block

Also remember the compressor brackets (rear & the 2 tube style brackets) are different between 383 & 440
The front bracket will interchange
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

stripedelete