News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger rebuild

Started by 68pplcharger, March 11, 2010, 09:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 22, 2014, 11:16:38 AM
Pics of the car coming back apart... lol Going the wrong way with this rebuild...  :smilielol:

Yes, everything is sideways!

68pplcharger

Quote from: Homerr on October 28, 2014, 09:21:39 AM
Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 22, 2014, 11:16:38 AM
Pics of the car coming back apart... lol Going the wrong way with this rebuild...  :smilielol:

Yes, everything is sideways!

The camera man was laying down on the job...  :nana:

68pplcharger

Floor, wheel wells, and engine bay are done...  :icon_smile_big:

One step at a time

XS29L9B2

very nice work and great color i like these
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

68pplcharger

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:50 PM

Thanks XS29L9B2 the color turned out better than my expectations. really looks amazing in person. Has a candy look to it...  :coolgleamA:

XS29L9B2

Quote from: 68pplcharger on November 17, 2014, 12:00:30 PM
Quote from: XS29L9B2 on November 15, 2014, 12:10:50 PM

Thanks XS29L9B2 the color turned out better than my expectations. really looks amazing in person. Has a candy look to it...  :coolgleamA:

i love your color have you got a code color?
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

68pplcharger

It's a custom color based off of Dupont's Hot Hues and I used DC4000 PPG clear.

68pplcharger

Update, Turn signal modification. Wanted to keep the factory hood mounted turn signals from the original rusted hulk of a hood. Fiber glassed them into the new glasstek hood.

68pplcharger

Jamming in is finally done... Hood didn't turn out to bad for a fiberglass hood. Vin resto turned out sweet :2thumbs:

MxRacer855

fy469rtse

great colour,
love this build , this car is going to be fantastic once finished
just noticed on hood shots ,  :shruggy: where's the hood pins, looking for them ,  :shruggy:
dont and you cant trust the original hood lock locations, its only fibre glass , even if theres reinforcing to mount them dont trust it,
speaking from experience here,
at least the forward ones , would hate to see this car damaged

MxRacer855

I'm happy to read that last comment fy469rtse. After debating on whether or not to run them, I decided to do it. The body man just put them in last week. Painting the car now. Can't wait to see them on it!  :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Thanks for the input, do you guys have the original location for hood pins? I've been ignoring it , but knowing it needs to be done before final paint. They are easy enough to install.

fy469rtse

they basically fit in the area near your bump stops on upper radiator suport , not really my idea of the perfect location,
but where the factory put them,
geoff.
they may been seen in my thread on engine shots
i know i saw a few examples on the thread , gentleman show us your engines ,
the was another thread that debated the factory build sheet code and location exactley

68pplcharger

Some more progress

MxRacer855

68pplcharger

68pplcharger

Got the rear end and rear suspension installed this weekend...

Yes I know it's not a Mopar rear end... lol I had it sitting at the shop, already built for the horsepower, and it fit perfectly. A factory leaf spring set up would be a bolt in if I ever decided to go back that route. The shock brace is beefier than stock, but in the same location (roughly).

MxRacer855

Quote from: 68pplcharger on February 13, 2013, 09:23:27 PM
Thanks, they are as wide as you can fit in a stock wheel well.

68pplcharger - Amazing build! You said that your wheel wells were Not tubbed, and that the 17x11" rear wheel was as big as you could go in your "stock" well.

It looks great! This is the size I want to put on my '68 build. Is your rear end a stock length? And if it is... could you give me the dimensions of the wheel you have on? Backspacing/offset?

Thanks!

Jeff

68pplcharger

Thanks Jeff,
The rear end is 59" and the back spacing is 5". I would measure yours before deciding what backspacing to use.

Finally got head light bezels... Got totally screwed with the price, but at least have them. Feeding the machine I guess ...  :icon_smile_blackeye:   

fy469rtse

Never liked the purple colour on a charger, but this is an exceptionally good looking colour,
I personally love the extra non factory rear shocker mount,
Added rigidity for rear frame , and probably where it needs it most,
Come on us car tool, catch up , us guys are doing all you d & d work for you,
Great looking car and an incredible amount of work done in such a short time ,  :2thumbs:
Great thread , please keep posting

MxRacer855

Quote from: 68pplcharger on January 01, 2015, 12:56:43 AM
Thanks Jeff,
The rear end is 59" and the back spacing is 5". I would measure yours before deciding what backspacing to use.

Finally got head light bezels... Got totally screwed with the price, but at least have them. Feeding the machine I guess ...  :icon_smile_blackeye:   

Thank you! I definitely will measure first. I just wanted to know your setup to make that work! Looks amazing!  :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Thanks fy469rtse I couldn't be happier with the color. The 2" square tube for the shock mount is simple and very strong. I've been spending a great deal of time getting this thing finished for spring. I might be ahead of schedule...  :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

Last two weekends restoring the grille. Didn't turn out to bad, just needs a few touch ups.

68pplcharger