News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

feb 14 issue Mopar Muscle

Started by metcoll, January 24, 2015, 07:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

anybody see the feb issue of mopar Muscle...they were dyno testing a 440 six pack road runner...don't under stand why that car was dynoing so low to the wheels...would have expected at least around 300rwhp being manual trans...I know chassis dyno's read low but that was a lot lower than I expected for a clean looking 440 six pack...your thoughts...

comet_666

I didn't see the article but a stock 440 6 BBL has around 390 HP at the crank. Take away 70 - 100 HP from that to get an approx RWHP rating.
What did it run?

metcoll

c00nhunterjoe

It probably had junk pistons and sloppy heads on it. You never know.

BSB67

I did not see the article.  A truly "stock" rebuild six pack motor would be less than 300 RWHP, but more than 225 hp. 

A quality build, smart part selection, and good tuning can get a "stockish" 440 six pack on the sunny side of 300 RWHP.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph