News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 colour combo?

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 07, 2010, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Hey guys, I got an email from a friend of mine in Alberta. Never really heard of this colour combo so I thought I'd ask you guys :2thumbs:

"Hi Cody sorry for the double mail I've forgotten which one is the one most used

How goes things now? You were stressed about the move and all and maybe you feel more relaxed with it now ??

I wonder if I can pick your brain a bit

My friend has got himself a Charger....1968...it's not a R/T and the tag codes say it is a Black body with a White vinyl roof

Have you ever heard of this combo?

The interior is White with Maroon carpet...steering column...dash and the upper door trim

So basically it is a White on White on Black with Maroon carpets

It's in pieces right now...he's a car guy when it comes to fixing up cars...has had a shop for ever so he knows what he's doing in that department...I thought I might have a picture of that combo but I am thinking it is pretty much a rare hard to find color combo or guys went with a black roof instead. I've heard that some Road Runners were done in that combo so a picture of that would even be good.

He'd like to see what it looks like...I told him who cares what it looks like...it's the original and that's what the car should go back too hehe

Thank you as always for your time..

Respecfully
Hannah"
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bakerhillpins

I believe that Troy was selling a black 68, 383, with a white vinyl top and white interior but the listing isn't up in the for sale section any more.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Bossman963

All I can tell you is I have a 68 Charger and got ift from Original Owner, its black vinyl top, white exterior, white interior, except carpet maroon with the dash, seat belts also maroon
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

Wow, and I thought I had the only black car with a white top...

I did sell my black 68 to a member in Canada but it definitely didn't have any maroon in the interior. In 68 you could get several different "white and..." interior options. I think Nelson Audet's car was white and blue originally. I haven't seen pictures of all the combinations but I believe the seats, headliner, and door panels would be white and the dash, carpet, steering column, seat belts, and console(?) would be the same as whatever the second color was. I believe the "inserts" in the seats would also match the secondary color so see if those are red/maroon as well. The fender tag would be coded for this (should have a 'V' under the 'M' in "TRM").

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bossman963

My Code under trm is C6V

ps : Troy who can decode my body tag fully ?
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

tan top

am i read ing this right ! or have i got confused !
( normaly happens  :yesnod:) it has a painted roof &  different color body , sounds like the  V02  body paint code , painted  roof in a contrasting color ! see a few E body cudas like that ! have vinyl mouldings & everything  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Bossman963

No your not confused it has a roof covering ( its gone now) and I have the trim tag in front of me under TRM is C6V, under Paint - is WH1 next line it looks like U under it is "W" next to the u on smae line is 8-s which has nothing underneath it.
It has all the molding for vinly roof and has no paint inder it 
Ok just looked up codes as  someone sent them to me and here goesy6-black vinyl top, b4 - bucket seats, s1 -a/c, 25- trip molding, 78 -wheel lip moldings, trm- Charger trim vinyl buckets white + red, ubs- white body

There more but thats should suffice and any comments ?? I was planning on a resto-mod with this car
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

Quote from: Bossman963 on March 08, 2010, 11:47:41 AM
My Code under trm is C6V

ps : Troy who can decode my body tag fully ?
Yep, that would be white and red interior. Do the slits in the seat have red/maroon accents inside? Tags for 68 are fairly easy to decode. Here's a good resource:
http://www.andy440.com/tag.htm

I'm guessing we're talking about 2 different cars here (the one Cody is asking about and Bossman963's).

Quote from: Bossman963 on March 08, 2010, 01:19:48 PM
No your not confused it has a roof covering ( its gone now) and I have the trim tag in front of me under TRM is C6V, under Paint - is WH1 next line it looks like U under it is "W" next to the u on smae line is 8-s which has nothing underneath it.
It has all the molding for vinly roof and has no paint inder it 
Ok just looked up codes as  someone sent them to me and here goesy6-black vinyl top, b4 - bucket seats, s1 -a/c, 25- trip molding, 78 -wheel lip moldings, trm- Charger trim vinyl buckets white + red, ubs- white body

There more but thats should suffice and any comments ?? I was planning on a resto-mod with this car
That should be "WW1" underneath the "PNT" and it's likely that under "UBS" it says "W 8" which means the inner/upper doors were painted white and it's a stripe delete car.

Troy

Bossman963

Hi Troy and there no red pleats (accents) on the slits in the seats,  Ok your right on the PNT whats under is WW1, but under UBS is just a "W" nothing else so whta does that mean ?

Thx Mike
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

Quote from: Bossman963 on March 08, 2010, 07:31:46 PM
Hi Troy and there no red pleats (accents) on the slits in the seats,  Ok your right on the PNT whats under is WW1, but under UBS is just a "W" nothing else so whta does that mean ?

Thx Mike
You're confusing me. Where's the 8 that you mentioned above? Is this an R/T (the one in your signature)? If not, you will only have the 'W' under the 'U' in "UBS" (nothing under "BS"). That 'W' represents the inside door paint color (white). It will match the interior color.

Troy

Bossman963

Im sorry for confusion but what I meant is is under the UBS ( at first it like the "B" was an 8) so there nothing except the "W" under the UBS and I would have to check signature section but I think its my Challenger R/T.
Just check and yes that the Charger under the sig section
Hope that helps
Mike
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Troy

Quote from: Bossman963 on March 08, 2010, 07:31:46 PM

Thx Mike
That's fine. Your Charger isn't silver and it isn't an R/T so all you'll have is a letter under the 'U' in "UBS". The 'B' would tell you whether the paint was buffed or not and in 68 the only color that got buffed was silver. Only R/Ts (and Bengal Chargers) got a stripe or were coded as stripe delete so you won't have anything under the 'S' either.

I'd say your car would be pretty cool and unique if it were returned to stock. However, it's your car and you can do whatever makes you happy.

Troy

Bossman963

Troy thanks for info and ya it would be cool if I returned to stock, but my plans are  (2-tone Charger) sublime green as the base color, black hood, roof & deck behind rear window with a slight ghost R./T stripe, white interior and black seat belts dash etc
thx Mike
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS