News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flowmaster 40 series on my '69: here some sound files...

Started by CB, December 08, 2005, 03:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

:drool5:  :drool5:

(202kb)

http://users.pandora.be/christian_mopar/my%2069%20sound/69charger%20.wma

(369kb)

http://users.pandora.be/christian_mopar/my%2069%20sound/69%20bis.wma

Exactly how I wanted it: loud, low and mean :D
Engine was cold and I had all kinda stuff in the car.
Can't wait to drive the Charger :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

greenpigs

I likey also, guess I'll have to get a set once I make sure I am done exploding mufflers.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

golden73

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Just 6T9 CHGR

QuoteCan't wait to drive the Charger

Make sure you bring along a set of ear plugs!

Just kiddin! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mefirst

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

derailed

bksfld68

Sounds great, thanks for posting that.  Think I just made up my mind.

:yesnod:

73rallye440magnum

sounds cool, can't decide if i like my turbo mufflers better. I'm thinking about glass packs too...
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

Man now I need a new set of speakers for my computer. No one warned me to turn the volume down before opening the folder.

Definately a nice sounding ride.

ron73440

NICE!!!!! I NEED to get mine back on the road, that almost made me cry. Damn tranny problems. :smilie_help: :cheers: :lolexplode: :drive:
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

Duey

73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Bandit72

what else makes up your exhaust? headers?, what size pipe?
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Blakcharger440

Sweet music to my ears!!! My Delta Flow 40 series dont sound that loud though. But I am running 2.5 exhaust all the way out the back.
What size pipes and where do yours dump at?

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

CB

thanks guys for the comments.  :)

I have unknown headers. Adapter welded on 2.5 inch pipes. Dumped before the rear axle.   :devil:
I like the feel of the sound. Can't wait to set off some car alarms :D

About the cam, that's a good question. Dunno.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger_Croatia

WOW   :2thumbs:

CB, I'll be happy if manage to have anything close to that since I'm rebuilding complete exhaust. I have intention to put some kind of glass packs. This sound is my guide now.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Doc74

Wicked !  :drool5:
Fill her up before you bring her over tomorrow, there's some great dirt roads around the shop  :D

Danny Gutierrez

I have the Flowmaster 40 series and I love them.  People have stated that there are better mufflers than the Flowmasters but I like them.  I may try the Dynomax mufflers on my next engine.
1969 Dodge Charger, second owner.  The first owner was my Dad.

Charger Aficionado

Anyone have the link to that video of the guy with the T5 Bronze Charger with the white top/stripe that burns out, and goes down and comes back...  He had glasspacks on...  I really liked that sound too...  But my question is:  with 3" exhaust and a 3" wide galsspack, will that not have enough backpressure?  Or is there a need for much of that on these cars???

Doc74

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 09, 2005, 01:49:48 PM
  Anyone have the link to that video of the guy with the T5 Bronze Charger with the white top/stripe that burns out, and goes down and comes back...  He had glasspacks on...  I really liked that sound too...  But my question is:  with 3" exhaust and a 3" wide galsspack, will that not have enough backpressure?  Or is there a need for much of that on these cars???

The only reason we have exhausts is to not go deaf, insane....and deaf some more..
The more backpressure it gives, the more power you lose and lovely lovely sound  :icon_smile_big:
Except on specific rpm points on certain types of engines an exhaust system always holds some power back.I don't think 3" would pose much of a problem on big v8's, I think I'd like it very much on my 440.Until the first long trip shouting at each other in the car but that's worries for later !
Personnaly I'd try to get as much noise out of it as I can without crossing the line for me and people around me, whichever exhaust gives me that will be on it, regardless of gain/loss of power, it's trivial anyway, these babies are never slow.

CB

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on December 09, 2005, 01:49:48 PM
  Anyone have the link to that video of the guy with the T5 Bronze Charger with the white top/stripe that burns out, and goes down and comes back...  He had glasspacks on...  I really liked that sound too... 

I saved that video from the Charger with the glasspacks. Cool vid!  (yt_charger_burnout 7.44Mb)

Brought the Charger to the shop today. Gonna need a hearing device soon, man does it sound loud :eek:

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

cudaken

Hee, Hee, Hee, to bad they don't come with a volume control like my stereo ;D I like the tone of them, the dB. :P

Can you read lip's ;)

Ken
I am back

Spartan

really nice sound.  Did you do it yourself or have a performance shop do it?
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ChargerMad

Hey, anyone able to post that video of that 69 Charger? (Bronze/Gold one).
::)

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

CB

nope, stock 383 with no X or H pipes.
Sounds wicked :D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Johnny SixPack

Very close to how my "69 sounds. :2thumbs:

Only difference is my 383 is slightly warmed over and has Headman headers.

No H or X yet.

Definitely a killer sound at 75 mph (3500 rpm) on the highway.  :yesnod:

Especially when you let off the gas and you can hear the engine braking. :METAL:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!