News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle 2010

Started by Tilar, March 07, 2010, 08:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to the All-Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle, PA?

Yes I'm going, I wouldn't miss it!
35 (50.7%)
No, I can't make it this year. :(
20 (29%)
Not sure yet.
14 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

AKcharger

We'll be there, but will have to split our time between the DC.com tent and the 1970 Charger guys, they're having a "thing" this year since it's year of the '70s.

I was hoping between the two groups we might be able to organize a cruise to the Cumberland drive in on Friday or Saturday evening. I wrote to the owners to see if they'll have a MOPAR themed movie. Susan and I went there in '08 and it was an absolutely PERFECT evening. They reserved the two front rows for classic cars but there surprisingly were few there...I was hoping we could make it an All charger event. I'll have more about it as we get closer and hope to get some intrest

THE COLONEL

Quote from: AKcharger on March 10, 2010, 12:56:17 AM
We'll be there, but will have to split our time between the DC.com tent and the 1970 Charger guys, they're having a "thing" this year since it's year of the '70s.

I was hoping between the two groups we might be able to organize a cruise to the Cumberland drive in on Friday or Saturday evening. I wrote to the owners to see if they'll have a MOPAR themed movie. Susan and I went there in '08 and it was an absolutely PERFECT evening. They reserved the two front rows for classic cars but there surprisingly were few there...I was hoping we could make it an All charger event. I'll have more about it as we get closer and hope to get some intrest

Count me in for that one!!!!  That would be soo cool!!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

AKcharger

YES! we have two cars so far!!. I'll get more info from the theater, plan will be to meet at that strip mall parking lot by Walmart say around 6 pm, hang out for a bit then all leave in a "convoy" at 6:30...it's about a 20 min ride down a nice country road

Khyron

If im there, I'll be there too :-)

Im planning on having the Charger with me, i think I finally scored a 3.23 geared 3rd member... no more long drives at 50mph on the highway ehhehe

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Troy

I'll be there somewhere. I have no idea if I will have a car though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

A word of advice on this topic... I don't think I'll be able to secure a block of rooms like has happened in the past.  With previous shows, I dealt with a gentleman who was very accommodating.  Right before last year's show they changed ownership/management and the guy I worked with got canned.  When I talked with the new guys after last year's show, they pretty much blew me off and had little (if any) interest in either a block of rooms or any type of discount.  I've sent them a few emails over the fall and winter, but they have not replied to a single one.

The QI-Carlisle is still a great location and facility, but for those who plan to stay there it might be a good idea to book your rooms soon.  

Personally, I'll probably reserve a room but may not be able to attend.  

Khyron

well, after finding out Brian was paying less across the street then I was with the Discount at QI. I would say QI can go F themselfs ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

4cruzin

So far I'm in.   :scratchchin: Look forward to the show but not the 9 hour drive.   :shruggy:   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TeeWJay426

I haven't missed one yet, and I'm not about to start with 2010!!  :2thumbs:  Just a question as to what I'll be bringing this year.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Khyron

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on March 11, 2010, 11:34:28 AM
I haven't missed one yet, and I'm not about to start with 2010!!  :2thumbs:  Just a question as to what I'll be bringing this year.

bring me a red head, about 5'9" 105 lbs :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

autodynamics

im gonna be there hopefully this year i will get to meet some of you guys...i think i might have a spot in the keisler booth...

jeryst

Which members are going to be vendors? If I go, I will visit all of them first before looking anywhere else.

TUFCAT

bump...only two days before the show!  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

I'm leaving Thursday night after work & will be there until Sunday afternoon.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 07, 2010, 12:58:54 PM
I'm leaving Thursday night after work & will be there until Sunday afternoon.   :cheers:

Same here. Well, leaving at 4am Friday morning.  :icon_smile_big: Ill have at least one son with me. (the other is still making up his mind?!  :shruggy: :slap:  ;D).

Its the first time for all of us. Should be fun. My mom might even drive over for a day!  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to meeting everyone.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

My intention was to leave Thursday after work. I work 4 hours a day from 5:30 AM to 9:30 AM and planned on being there by 5 or so, but decided to wait till early friday morning so I should be there shortly after noon on Friday. Leaving out Sunday. Mom is coming along. It amazes me how much she still likes car shows at almost 78 years old.  I guess I get it honest.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Troy

Leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning and I'll be there until some time Sunday afternoon.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69 OUR/TEA

Will be heading out to thurs morn,be there by 1-2 o'clock.

BrianShaughnessy

I had Q.I.  reservations for Thur>Sat.     George68hemiRR and I are coming in.

Speedo bailed out this year ( no nappytime under the big tent  :'( ) .   George's tow vehicle (ferd) is at the dealer and his Beast is getting a fan shroud made at a local shop.   No updates on status so far today.

So I called off Thursday.    Drive in Friday a.m.,   probably Jeepin cause I don't really feel like fighting the weather and BS this year.   This HHH crud makes simple maintenance items a flipping PITA.

I spent the morning washin and waxin Black Betty to go to the local car show on Sunday.    I'm kinda fried.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparstuart

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 07, 2010, 03:21:39 PM
  I had Q.I.  reservations for Thur>Sat.     George68hemiRR and I are coming in.

Speedo bailed out this year ( no nappytime under the big tent  :'( ) .   George's tow vehicle (ferd) is at the dealer and his Beast is getting a fan shroud made at a local shop.   No updates on status so far today.

So I called off Thursday.    Drive in Friday a.m.,   probably Jeepin cause I don't really feel like fighting the weather and BS this year.   This HHH crud makes simple maintenance items a flipping PITA.

I spent the morning washin and waxin Black Betty to go to the local car show on Sunday.    I'm kinda fried.

say hello to uncle george for me and tell him to sell the ford LOL and ditch the junky warranty company   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NHCharger

I'm heading out at 5:45 Thursday morning, going to hook up with Tom (TeeWjay426) and his buddies somewhere in Mass. We should be rolling in mid to late afternoon. I'm staying til noon Sunday.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Heading on out from NJ about 9 AM on Thurs to get the Chally vert into the Retro Dealership Display hopefully early.  Then tool around in my charger for the remainder of the weekend prior to me leaving sometime Sat night after the show and my parents hanging around till Sun when they can get the chally out of the display.  Wife's b-day is on Sun so I want to be home for that.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

I'll be there, too!!

Looking forward to seeing all of the members on here I know, and meeting those I haven't yet.
My '70 Charger will also be on display in the retro dealer this year. Stop by & say hello!!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

71ChallengeHer

I'll be there . Not sure if the Challenger will be there . I think a leaf spring cracked. Gotta jack it up tomorrow nite and check. If not I'll be driving a 89 Red Lebaron Turbo 2 .  :pity:

TUFCAT

I'm leaving Thursday morning from metro Detroit. Should be at the Hampton Inn around 4-ish. :2thumbs:  Leaving on Sunday morning.