News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Brake Cylinder with discs front/rear???

Started by Mefirst, March 07, 2010, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

Im to lazy to do a search :slap:

I started to question my self about the master brake cylinder I have in my ride. I used to have a disc/drum set up, but now with the new Dana axel, it will be a disc/disc set up..

-My question is -Do I need to change out the master brake cylinder :shruggy:

/Tom

b5blue

mikepmcs

I would imagine you might need a proportioning valve as well. Not sure as I have drum in the back.  I run a proportioning valve and a 10  pound residual valve out back to keep the fluid from traveling back toward the front. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mefirst

Quote from: b5blue on March 07, 2010, 12:16:35 PM
yes (I'm to lazy to go into details)  :lol:

-Your a funny guy :icon_smile_big: Ill buy you a virtual beer if you go into details :cheers:

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 07, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
I would imagine you might need a proportioning valve as well. Not sure as I have drum in the back.  I run a proportioning valve and a 10  pound residual valve out back to keep the fluid from traveling back toward the front.  

I have a prop. valve and also a 10lb residual valve in the brake system as it is right now. Then again the 10lb res. valve is probably to much for a disc brake setup, I have the 2lb valve included in my Summit parts order.. Then again if its needed, only testing will show..

The MC I have right now in my car is a stock replacement pice with a 1 1/32" bore size..

/Tom