News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

installing headliner

Started by 4spdwing, March 06, 2010, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4spdwing

What is the best glue to install the new padding to the roof. Thanks Tom
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

Bob

Right or wrong I used the 3M spray glue. Sprayed a little on the insulation and just stuck it on the roof.

4spdwing

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Bob on March 07, 2010, 08:17:03 AM
Right or wrong I used the 3M spray glue. Sprayed a little on the insulation and just stuck it on the roof.

What was your insulation like? Mine came with some cheap ass looking chunks of Dacron/fake Santa's beard stuff, for $24.....Thank's, I won't mention the vendor by name. Is this really what I'm supposed to use? Anybody got a better solution for headliner insulation?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Patronus

we use a product I used in a house remodel. Its a two sided foil with bubble wrap inside, conforms like aluminum foil.
use it on the floor, inside the doors, trunk. works great for temp. and sound. plus its way cheap :2thumbs:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Bob

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on March 07, 2010, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: Bob on March 07, 2010, 08:17:03 AM

What was your insulation like? Mine came with some cheap ass looking chunks of Dacron/fake Santa's beard stuff, for $24.....Thank's, I won't mention the vendor by name. Is this really what I'm supposed to use? Anybody got a better solution for headliner insulation?

It was white, sort of like you described, but works very well and fit perfect.

4spdwing

Yes the foam was white. Got it glued in probably doing the headliner over the weekend.