News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Lizey, March 04, 2010, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizey

how good of a motor is it? i need to decide if im going to rebuild mine or buy the 400 out of my neighbors wagon before he crushes it... and sorry if im nieve but is it a small block or a big block because people have told me both
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

RD

its a SB, good engine, has decent torque due to 3.58" stroke, lots of replacement aftermarket performance parts for this engine, and would be cheaper to build than the 400.. BUT.. no replacement for displacement
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

I'd be trying to find a way to do both.  You can't let that 400 just go to the crusher.

charger_cody

I agree with ghost.... But I will add that the 360 is a very good motor. It is what I have in my 73. I would say more reliable, has good torque, saves more gas that a BB, Lots of aftermarket parts. But, like ghost said I would end up trying to do both.

What are you going to be using the car as?

Cody