News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Some Expert Input.

Started by BubBABFP, March 02, 2010, 11:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubBABFP

Hey all! I had created a thread a few weeks ago on getting help to pick a cam for my 440. So, I purchased a COMPLETE 440, I got rid of the Performer 440 and 750 eddy. I took my block with the heads off to the local machine shop and the owner said the previous owner had changed the pistons but left it stock bore, the cylinder walls show good amount of wear where the ring goes up, he told me I can run the engine how it is, but I can spend 200 bucks to do all the machine work and go .30 over and get the pistons I would like to get my desired compression. So I need your help guys to pick what I need. I am looking to reach for 9.5:1 or 10:1 CR. Here is some info on the motor.

1977 440 Block will be .30 over
stock crank(has forged damper but not sure if crank is)
906 heads that have been ported and polished and cut to 82cc with .575 max lift on springs.
Cam (Not sure, but I want to take the most advantage of heads and CR)
Pistons( Need to know which would be the best for my Application, I am not looking to go forged but I was looking at the KB237's)
Carb ( I am thinking of a Holley Double Pumper 800CFM
intake- I will be running a Holley Street Dominator
head gaskets ( Not sure, I need help with this too)

I also have a Melling High Volume oil pump, Holley red electric fuel pump. As for rockers, can I use stockers? i don't want to spend 500$  on harland sharp or comp magnums. I saw the Crane golds at a good price over at summit but do I need to buy new shafts and all? Stock push rods a swell? Feel free to change things up, give me all the input you got. Thx! guys!

Roy.

Chryco Psycho

you may want to consider a 440 Source stroker kit & take it up to 512 CI