News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ever felt you had a day where nothing went your way?

Started by 69bananabeast, November 30, 2005, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

sorry you had a bad day... but look on the bright side, it only can get better right? well, lets hope it does :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

well it seems like it's been every other day for the past week and a half that I've had a rain of $h*t on my parade . today I found out that the march pulley set I got for the 440 had 2 sets of power steering brackets so I had to order the alternator side which was $90 with a $30 discount. After that I went to discount tire since the suburban had nails in the tires on the drivers side. I got the rear tire fixed since the tire lost all air and haven gotten the front since it's a slow leak. So I got there and gave them the tire and I was told that it would be about 45 min. wait.  well it ends up being an Hour and a Half and the manager sees me (one who checked me in ) and asked what are you still doing here? has anyone worked on your tire? so he went and checked it out and it was done. He asked me how long I waited and I told him. he said he was gonna yell at someone and give him a call for a discount on next visit.  All I wanna know is  when am I gonna get mine?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

CaptMarvel

Just a shot in the dark but before you give up, ck the zoning of your property. If it was annexed by the city & was originally a rural or commercial type property, it could be that the zoning never changed (even in the city) and technically it may "allow" storage of "junk" cars. I am a bldg inspector, but know the code enf. guys have to drop it occasionally if the zoning is one of those old holdovers IE: C-5 zone (commercial) has vastly different requirements than residential zones. Also, nowhere that I have ever heard of are code enf. guys allowed to touch car covers or the like. They can only walk in the most direct path to the front door usually to inquire of the property owner as to the status. On a side note, I have came across more old Mopars in back alleys & yards in this type of work..I always try to rescue them, but usually get the std reply, not for sale, gunna fix her up blah blah blah...

The Ghoul

It’s Monday for me on finals week...
I got to my physics exam today and as soon as I sat down my stomach started to cramp up. I could not concentrate and I know I totally blew the exam.. I was out of there in 40 minutes making a b-line for the bathroom... It stinks I know how it goes. Don’t worry it gets better.
Best trick for the doors on the car freezing, luke warm water works the best!

RD

well... now I am really feeling your pain.  Went to a town to pick up my daughter from daycare.  Ducked inside to pick up my daughter, ended up talking to the daycare provider for about 30 min.  Came out side and drove home.  Got home, looked at my 87 Ramcharger and the whole right fender is caved in and I cannot open the passenger door.  This was a pristine ramcharger (just iddy biddy dents, but now I am just heartbroken and beat up inside  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I hope whoever did it does not forgive themselves!  Oh well, it can be fixed, but still almost put a couple of tears in my eyes.  I really love that MPV. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charger_72_318

i just came from outside to see nothing happens to my charger, if anyone has a cute idea, don't even try it pal   :flame: :flame: :flame:
sorry for your truck :flame:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

69bananabeast

As the Saga continues ....                 yesterday in my '96 suburban the damn handle broke on the driver's door. This happened in the morning so I had to exit out through the passenger door all frakin day, with tires and wheels stacked in the way. Today I was workin  on the 440 in the shop and towards the end of the day I was trying to ge tthe spark plugs in but I couldn't tighten them all the way down since I couldnt get the ratchet in.  As it looks with only a couple plugs in that i'm probably going to need to get a new set of headers And These Have Never Been Used (Hooker 1 7/8 ) . The plugs were pretty close to the headers and looking at it I thought to myseld " These plugs are pretty close and the boots are probably get burnt to hell.  From there I cleaned everything thing up and started fixing the door (ordered a new handle day before) and that went slow. When I tried putting the door skin back on it took forever since half of the clips kept falling out   :rotz:     

What about you guys good day or bad?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

charger_72_318

well, we went to meet the candidate for president, i don't know whatever if it is good or bad ::)
but the sad part of the day was this broken piece i found when i was changing the valve seals, i will post a thread to get some help... :rotz: it will take more money and more wasted time...   :rotz:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone