News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winter SUCKS!

Started by FLG, March 01, 2010, 10:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

I hate winter!!

:cheers:

Got the itch to drive around and cant with all this damn snow!!

I guess the rest of the week looks warm enough, i just might be able to haul ass with the mopar by friday  :2thumbs:

And dont you warm weather folks come in here and rant and rave about how you drive all damn year round!! You guys suck too!

J/K

RD

by the end of this week it is supposed to hit the 50's in Kansas.. I am really really excited to get some work done on my RR.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

FLG

Were lucky to get into the mid 40's this week. Warm enough for a good drive, but i cant wait till this winter is through...by the time that happens the car will be in the shop and then ill be moparless for awhile.

Khyron

few more weeks buddy, a few more weeks :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

flyinlow

Maybe if I had a Hemi powered snowmoble........ naw this winter sucks. Ohio record 30+ inches in Feb.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on March 01, 2010, 10:49:30 PM
I hate winter!!

:cheers:

Got the itch to drive around and cant with all this damn snow!!

I guess the rest of the week looks warm enough, i just might be able to haul ass with the mopar by friday  :2thumbs:

And dont you warm weather folks come in here and rant and rave about how you drive all damn year round!! You guys suck too!

J/K

Why not? Quit being such a puss. A little snow never stopped me. I drive mine year round. What are you one of those fags that keeps his tucked away with carpet under his tires? Grow a set and hit the road, Sally.

Chryco Psycho

at least here winter only lasts into late May & starts again in early Sept  :eek2: :icon_smile_angry: :brickwall:

68coronetGLwannabe

Phoenix Storm Damage

you guys back in the Midwest can't complain much more than those of us in Phoenix that got hit by the storm yesterday!!!

Winter Storm hits South-Central Arizona

With all the news lately about the subzero weather and snow that the Midwest and east coast areas are experiencing, we shouldn't forget that  Phoenix also has its share of devastating weather this winter.

Attached is a photo showing damage to a home from a recent storm that passed through the  Phoenix area. It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted.

See photo below.

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

twodko

68coronetGLwannabe ...........people are coming for you!

jb666 .....tell us what you really think!

FLG ......I feel your frustration. Up here in NorCal this weekend I opened my fridge to get a brew and damn it was cold with that door open!

Tom

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bordin34

I drove my Charger three days last week. All I did was hose it off at the end of each day.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

FLG

The snap finally happend and im enjoying it with the charger   :cheers:

Jeff...lets not talk about you carpet people. Do you drive the car perfectly over each square or jack it up and put them under?? :rofl: :rofl:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on March 08, 2010, 08:23:26 PM
The snap finally happend and im enjoying it with the charger   :cheers:

Jeff...lets not talk about you carpet people. Do you drive the car perfectly over each square or jack it up and put them under?? :rofl: :rofl:

Oh boy. I can sleep tonight... You drove your charger...  :dance:

What happened to the Frank that'll drive his anywhere, in any weather, any roads, any conditions?? You've let me down, Franky me boy...

And it takes skill, patience and a very steady eye to get all of the carpet pads even under my tires. Next year I have to remember to double side the carpet so there's soft pile under my tires AND hitting the freshly epoxied floor. I don't know what I was thinking. And no, I'm not one of those sissies that jacks the car up and places the pads under my tires.. I DRIVE up there...

Talk to ya soon, Sally  :cheers:

FLG

Quote from: jb666 on March 08, 2010, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: FLG on March 08, 2010, 08:23:26 PM
The snap finally happend and im enjoying it with the charger   :cheers:

Oh boy. I can sleep tonight... You drove your charger...  :dance:

What happened to the Frank that'll drive his anywhere, in any weather, any roads, any conditions?? You've let me down, Franky me boy...

And it takes skill, patience and a very steady eye to get all of the carpet pads even under my tires. Next year I have to remember to double side the carpet so there's soft pile under my tires AND hitting the freshly epoxied floor. I don't know what I was thinking. And no, I'm not one of those sissies that jacks the car up and places the pads under my tires.. I DRIVE up there...

Talk to ya soon, Sally  :cheers:

He still is...just enjoys the warm weather a fair bit more.

Did you at least start the general? Or do you need to keep the door closed because it will get sick??

Go put on your superman PJ's and read a book  :icon_smile_big:

Than take a pic while reading a book and explain how your so happy to sit in the garage next to your general, with your superman PJ's on, reading a book, and thinking about what it would be like if you actually drove it  :hah: :hah: :hah:

jb666

:rofl: :rofl: gotta love ya, Franklin!!!

71green go

I actually enjoy puting my cars away for the winter.......it feels all new again and exciting when I take them out again!.........Those who drive all year round (I used to live in texas and Know!)  Dont know that feeling of anticipation and excitement!

FLG

No garage queen here jeff!

(At least not until its finished LOL)

resq302

Frank, you let her sit on the roof like that?  Granted, I know she weighs like 100 lbs soaking wet but still, aren't you worried that the roof might cave in or dent?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

FLG

Not one bit Brian.

Its right on the curved portion, even ive sat on there a few times..its very very strong, maybe its a bit different on a second gen since the roof isnt curved?? :shruggy:

Remember, shes still unrestored....i can fully enjoy it like they were meant to be for only a little while longer  :P ....so i am

Nacho-RT74

that area has the sides reinforcement below it. Imposible to bend there.

BTW winter ? WHAT'S WINTER ? lol

WE ARE ACTUALLY sweating even at nights... Caracas is normally a fresh city and some hot on dry season ( we are actually on dry season with some forest fires around ), but this season has been the hotter of all the history. We have got around 38º Celsious. Some areas in Venezuela close to 45º Celsious

Venezuela is on a very hard dry season, and we are allmost to the border to stop the hidroelectric plant on Caroni River ( Guri press, 2nd plant in the world ) what provides 70% of the electricity in the country

In fact the ANGELS WATER FALL ( higher in the world ) is drying too.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Regular view of the Guri lake on an average conditions, and the actual status

more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guri_%28Sim%C3%B3n_Bol%C3%ADvar%29
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

skip68

It's snowing this morning and high winds too!  :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Manfred318

After being one of the coldest winters we have had, I do believe ours is about over :woohoo: Its up close to 70* today and supposed to stay that way for the rest of the week.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on March 09, 2010, 03:10:49 AM
Frank, you let her sit on the roof like that?  Granted, I know she weighs like 100 lbs soaking wet but still, aren't you worried that the roof might cave in or dent?

100? that's if she's got 10lb dumbbells in her pocket.

I almost put the 'summer wheels' on my truck today, but my buddy said I was being cocky and that there was "still more snow to come". I really hope he's wrong, because the weather the past few days has been awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of good rainstorms, street sweeping and clear roads and I'm gonna be out there tearing up the streets with the rest of you!!!

resq302

Quote from: jb666 on March 09, 2010, 07:50:05 PM

I almost put the 'summer wheels' on my truck today, but my buddy said I was being cocky and that there was "still more snow to come". I really hope he's wrong, because the weather the past few days has been awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of good rainstorms, street sweeping and clear roads and I'm gonna be out there tearing up the streets with the rest of you!!!

Same here.  Still too much salt on the road for me.  Have to wait for a couple good rain storms after the last snow to get all the salt off the roads.  Good news is at least I have the windshield company coming tomorrow to replace my windshield so it could be driven again!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on March 09, 2010, 07:53:39 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 09, 2010, 07:50:05 PM

Same here.  Still too much salt on the road for me.  Have to wait for a couple good rain storms after the last snow to get all the salt off the roads.  Good news is at least I have the windshield company coming tomorrow to replace my windshield so it could be driven again!

Awesome... I'll bet you're as eager as I am to get out there... Mine still has to be wet sanded and buffed, but not until April (which THANK GOD is right around the corner!!)