News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BE&A / P.G. Classic Dash Pad

Started by tylerk, March 01, 2010, 08:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

I've been looking to pick up one of the saddle tan dash pads in the next month or so.
I have heard on here I think it was, that PG and BE&A were the same product.
If any of you are familiar with this part, on the PG eBay auction, the pad appears
much lighter than it does on the BE&A website.  Has anyone delt with either
company, and do you know if it's maybe just the lighting, or if there are two colors
being produced?

PG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360239152954&_trksid=p2759.l1259

BE&A
http://beaparts.com/item_detail.aspx?id=1245

6d9 charger

MIKE AT BE&A IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH

twodko

Concur, Mike is very helpful and a genuine nice guy. You can trust him.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chatt69chgr

Peter Gee who runs PG is the one who imports the parts.  He operates out of Canada.  Mike Ross who runs BE&A distributes PG parts in the USA and Mike handles all the parts that have the Chrysler logo on them.  If Peter sells that part, he grinds the logo off.  Mike is a straight shooter and will tell you the unvarnished truth.  Call him.  He's in Ohio as I recall.

Musicman

Yeah... Essentially that's the short story... Mike's parts with the MOPAR logo are officially licensed through Chrysler LLC.

tylerk

I thank yall for the replies, I believe I'll go with Mike from all of the good things yall said.

Musicman

my66charger

Ok here is the problem I purchased a top plate from PG classic that is suppose to fit 66-69 Dodge B body cars. What a fricken joke  The console Top Plate does not fit the console. I Paid good money for the top pate and when I went to tighten the push nut  the stud didn't even began to go on and the stud couldnt handle one turn and I wouldnt even say broke off it was like putting a knife through butter.  I put the top plate on anyway. Well guess what it does not fit where the rise in the curve on the console is, wont lay in. I am pissed I have called Peter and the woman who answeres the phone. Several times, every time saying.." they will get back to me..." I sent numerous e-mails to no avail. I want too now how many people have had this experiance. Also I was talking too a guy who bought a 67 dash pad who said he had to drill an extra hole in his dash for the pad to fit."what the Hell is that" either you make a part that works or you get investigated for making inferior parts. I am contacting Chrysler and looking at the patents to see if they might be able to help, the letter is written. I am not being screwed out of hard earned money for an inferior part. If I don"t get relief there. I will be contacting Ripp off report as well as the FTC if anyone has had any problems with PG Classics please get in touch with me. Sorry to vent people but a fair deal is all I am looking for.  5/4/2010 Well I contacted Ripp Off Report and PG Classic is now On there radar and another company has contacted me who settles disputes between companies and consumers I mailed a letter to Chrysler and spoke with them on the phone to the best of there knowledge ther has NO licsence issued to PG classic for the reproduction of the Top plate. They are looking into it but need my letter. Furthermore I was referred to and spoke with NHTSA and they want some more info. I have received 6 more E-mails from PG Classic claiming they cannot find me in their computor. i mailed the receipt to Chrysler thyat is what they asked for!

Musicman

No, you are not the first person to have this problem with the top plate... However, as I understood it from Mike (BE&A) most of the faulty 1st run top plates (which were suppose to be destroyed by the manufacture) somehow ended up in the hands of some eBay vendor... and that's where the folks with these issues had purchased them, trying to save a buck. I had not heard of PG selling any of these pieces however?

lexxman

Ok,I was thinking about getting one from PG. Because he is in Canada and so am I. And the guy I've been getting used parts from is a distributor for them. :scratchchin:

Troy

Sorry to hear that. I haven't noticed anyone having a problems with returns to PG Classic. Having said that, PG does not sell Chrysler licensed parts so I'm not sure what Chrysler will do for you. PG is the manufacturer but the other part of their business (BE&A) handles all the licensed merchandise. Of course their prices are a bit higher because they have to pay Chrysler. No matter who makes the part though, Chrysler only takes their money - I don't believe there's any control as far as fitment goes. Many/most of their other parts seem to fit (and look) pretty well. Keep us updated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Troy on June 09, 2010, 10:12:55 AM
Sorry to hear that. I haven't noticed anyone having a problems with returns to PG Classic. Having said that, PG does not sell Chrysler licensed parts so I'm not sure what Chrysler will do for you. PG is the manufacturer but the other part of their business (BE&A) handles all the licensed merchandise. Of course their prices are a bit higher because they have to pay Chrysler. No matter who makes the part though, Chrysler only takes their money - I don't believe there's any control as far as fitment goes. Many/most of their other parts seem to fit (and look) pretty well. Keep us updated.

Troy

I had a similar problem with them. Read my thread
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74294.0.html
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

DC_1

I haven't purchased the top plate from them but I have bought other parts that seem to have decent quality and I had zero problems. :shruggy: 

Patronus

Im having a small problem... I ordered a new pad, UPS dropped it off all bent up!  :brickwall:
Sent it back and UPS wont tell me what decision they came to on it, and of course Mike never got the supposed email.
Now I dont know whats going on. Hate to bother the guy, but I need that pad! Well see how this one pans out... :-\   
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE