News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rearend problems?

Started by rick, March 04, 2010, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rearend is 1/4 inch off

rearend
2 (100%)
off set
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

rick

hi, everyone! i just got the 69 charger out of paint 23,360.00 later i'm putting it back together . i put my new rims and tires on and the passangerside sticks out 1/2 inch farther what is the problem  :brickwall: i took it apart 2 times is one of the axle shafts longer? my be the shackels are bent ? please help someone thanks for your time Rick :RantExplode:

RD

did you have new spring perches welded onto your 8 3/4 before you put it all back together?  measure the center of the perch to the backing plate to make sure they are the same distance,

NEXT

are the axle shafts you have brand new?  if so, did they send you the wrong one.  pull each axle and measure the two.

LASTLY

who installed your bearings on the axle?  did they press them in the correct position? maybe 1/2" too short on the placement when pressed.

some things to think about and research
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Cooter

Have you checked to see if you have the Same offset wheels? I know it sounds trivial, but I've seen some wheels ship out that were two different offsets...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

I have heard of this problem before and it's always the passenger side and usually a problem in the unibody dimensions.

A tape measure will tell the tale.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mopar73

Quarter panel difference between frame and outside?