News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Secondary jets question.......................

Started by skip68, February 11, 2010, 12:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Are the secondary jets the same size as the primary ?    What I mean is can the primary jets fit in the secondary side ?    I'm going to grab some jets today to re-jet the secondary jets from 96 to 82, and so I was wondering if they are all the same thread size from primary to secondary.  The carb is a mighty Demon 750 with 76 primary and 96 secondary.   It runs good on the primary side and smokes like hell when you get into the secondary side.  So, I'm thinking that 82's will be a good size.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

vegasmike

Ghoste

Yeah, thats not good.  You should likely trust Mike before me.  Seriously.  :yesnod:

skip68

Mike WAS NOT available when I was wondering.    :nana:

Ghoste

Ah I see.  He made it sound like you asked him and didn't believe him.

firefighter3931

I'm pretty sure that Demon carbs have their own numbering system....you might want to check that out and verify Chuck  :yesnod:

Sounds like it's waay overjetted on the secondary side. If the powervalve is blocked off (it should be) on the secondary side....you should be going up 6-8 jet sizes at the most. Your 82's should be close with the 76 primary jets up front.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BBKNARF

Sounds like it's waay overjetted on the secondary side. If the powervalve is blocked off (it should be) on the secondary side....you should be going up 6-8 jet sizes at the most. Your 82's should be close with the 76 primary jets up front.  ;)

Ron
[/quote]

Hey Ron, is it ok to run a blocked off powervalve in the secondary side for the street ? I tought it would run to rich.  :shruggy:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

firefighter3931

Quote from: BBKNARF on February 17, 2010, 01:14:29 PM

Hey Ron, is it ok to run a blocked off powervalve in the secondary side for the street ? I tought it would run to rich.  :shruggy:

I've never run a holley that had a PV on the secondary side....no problems, ever !  ;)

As long as the jets are correctly sized you're fine.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TylerCharger69

The carb should have come with a troubleshooting and jet size chart to determine what it really needs...(at least my Eddy did)   But yeah  I personally think a 96 is way too big for the secondaries....Did you buy this carb new?  That doesnt seem like a base setting jet size.. :shruggy:

Ghoste

And if it didn't come with that guide, they have it online.

skip68

I read the jet wrong.   It was 83 not 96...    :slap: :rotz:     :slap: :slap: :slap: :rotz:

They were still to big so we are going to try 78's.   

TylerCharger69

78 on the secondaries?....that seems somewhat small to me

Chryco Psycho

BG jets are about 5 sizes off the Holley #S so I would start with replacing 83 with Holley 83