News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction driveshafts

Started by 66FBCharger, March 03, 2010, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I thought I read somewhere that someone was considering reproducing driveshafts. Is there anyone doing this? Is anyone planning on doing this?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Chatt69chgr

You can get those made up in just about every town.  Do you want a reproduction to be just like the originals?  I think they had a weight on the front that you don't get now.  Plus, I think they were 3 inch dia.  Seems like most of the shops make them up now in 3-1/4 inch dia.

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

66FBCharger

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 03, 2010, 02:32:33 PM
You can get those made up in just about every town.  Do you want a reproduction to be just like the originals?  I think they had a weight on the front that you don't get now.  Plus, I think they were 3 inch dia.  Seems like most of the shops make them up now in 3-1/4 inch dia.
I inquired at a driveshaft shop years ago. I want one just like the original. The original one has the diameter step down near the rear u joint. The shop said they couldn't make one with the necked down section.
I am not sure why the shaft necks down. I figure if Chrysler bothered to neck it down, there must be a good reason. I am guessing it was to give the mufflers some extra clearance.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body