News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid wheel weights

Started by Hemidog, February 26, 2010, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

Just got my slot mags with new tires back from the shop, and I am a little disappointed.

Firstly, the 14" in the front already have a tight clearance to the caliper, and now the wheel weights hit the caliper  :brickwall:

Secondly, the stick-on weights have been added to the front on all 4 wheels aswell, and boy does that look ugly! :icon_smile_angry: On one of the wheels, there is a row of 7 5-gram weights! yuck.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Back N Black

The wheels can be balanced with all the weights on the inside and they can be moved inward so they are not hitting the calpier. It depends on the type of tire balance machine.

Silver R/T

that's the problem on my wheels. Those weighs looks crappy on my Centerlines. Ill go back and see if I can get them them to move them inside
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

Quote from: Back N Black on February 26, 2010, 10:24:00 AM
The wheels can be balanced with all the weights on the inside and they can be moved inward so they are not hitting the calpier. It depends on the type of tire balance machine.

Yes!  :yesnod:

When I had my slots wrapped up in tires I made sure to specify that I wanted the weights on the INSIDE of the wheel. Mine are 15s so there was not the concern of the weights hitting the caliper, but having them on the outside of the wheel will undoubtedly ruin the look!