News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 DODGE CHARGER, GOOD MODEL YEAR?

Started by execute007, February 24, 2010, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

execute007

Hello everyone.  I am considering buying a used dodge charger and wanted to know if: 1 - this model car has alot of issues (engine & transmission problems) and 2 - is this a good model year?  I dj and sometimes carry equipment in my trunk and back seat so does this car have alot of trunk room? any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  I live in new rochelle, NY

skip68

Welcome to the site.   :cheers:   I think you will find that most here are not big fans of the "new" charger.    This site is geared towards the classics.   But, you are more than welcome to stick around.    :cheers: ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

execute007

FLG

There's a few guys here who have both. I'm sure they will chime in.

chargerboy69

If you need the space in back for your DJ equipment did you consider a Magnum?  You can find them very reasonably priced.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

chargerboy69

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on February 24, 2010, 10:58:30 AM
I miss my 05 Magnum R/T :'(

A friend of mine has a steel blue R/T, and it is a nice looking car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RIDELIKEHELL

I had the police wheels & Dunlop snows on it for the winter as well as Borla Cat Back Exhaust &  K&N Typhoon Cold AirIntake..sounded real healthy!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Manfred318

RIDELIKEHELL I love the look of yours. Magnums are great :2thumbs: Personally I think they ride and drive better than the (new) Chargers. We just picked up an '07 R/T with 28k on it and that thing is a blast to drive.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Black Charger

My 2006 Charger SRT8 has had some issues, but they were all repaired under warranty. As others have said, this forum is mostly geared toward the classic 1966-74 models, but some of us drive the new ones. My advice would be to join one of the forums dedicated to the LX Chargers. I belong to two of them and they're both full of helpful people who will steer you in the right direction. Here they are:

www.chargerforums.com

www.lxforums.com

I hope this helps you out.

Black Charger

Since you asked, there really isn't much difference between model years. I would definitely steer clear of anything with the 2.7L V6 as they have been known to be both sluggish and problematic. On both the '06 R/T and the SRT8 I now drive, I had to have a seal in the transmission replaced, which I have since learned is a common issue. You may also want to check the coolant bottle on whatever Charger you look at. If there is an ammonia-type smell and chunks of white stuff floating in the coolant, avoid the car. Apparently, this was a by-product of the casting. You will mostly find this issue with the 6.1 HEMI but some 5.7 HEMIs and V6s have had this problem also. I noticed this issue a few months after I bought my SRT. Thankfully, a coolant flush is all that was needed to solve the problem, but if its left untreated, the white goop will plug your water jackets and there have been a few seized engines as a result. My advice would be to find an R/T (or SRT) with the HEMI and avoid the V6 cars altogether as the resale value on them sucks. As much as the HEMIs have dropped off, the V6s are even worse. The introduction of the new Challanger basically killed Charger resale values. I have seen fully loaded 06-07 Daytonas in the 17-23K range, which is A LOT less than they cost new. You can find SRTs in the 20-25K range also. As for room, the trunk is HUGE. I am a musician myself and I can fit a Marshall 1960A 4-12 cabinet in the trunk without having to fold the rear seat down. You will find the car has loads of interior room as well. Just take your time, look around, and good luck!