News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Honey I bought an old car"

Started by mystarcollectorcar.com, February 24, 2010, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystarcollectorcar.com

Brock Samson

Tilar

Trust me, the car is cheaper than the wife... It's even worse when you didn't learn with the first 2.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

The70RT

I don't know why a man would hook up with a woman that didn't also like his passion. Well I do but you wouldn't want to marry them though, or yeah you need these tactics.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

I dont know why a man would get married a second time.  You think he would have learned his lesson the first time.   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 24, 2010, 11:13:00 PM
I dont know why a man would get married a second time.  You think he would have learned his lesson the first time.   :shruggy:
:rofl:

tan top

:lol:

Quote from: mystarcollectorcar.com on February 24, 2010, 06:29:38 PM
If you're on a slippery slope in your marriage, that next old car could be the deal breaker...
http://www.mystarcollectorcar.com/4-community/letters-to-the-editor/508-qhoney-i-bought-an-old-carqthe-first-words-in-a-divorce.html

that made me laugh  , come & look at my new old car project  honey, we are going to fix up  , then she turns the corner of the garage & sees that  :lol: :smilielol:
  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Jake

Spot on!

TylerCharger69

The word for today is....."PRENUP"!!!

Tilar

I guess I was a slow learner when it comes to that. It took me three times and I got the same result each time. The next time I start thinking about a relationship i'm just going to buy some strange woman a house and call it a day. 
Dave  

Doright

Quote from: Tilar on February 24, 2010, 08:00:12 PM
Trust me, the car is cheaper than the wife... It's even worse when you didn't learn with the first 2.

Isnt that the truth Brother!
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

DC_1

3 years ago I had a 69 Charger, 68 Charger RT, 2005 Dodge Durango, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 and a house with a 3 car garage. After going through problems in my marraige - wife thought I should be spending more time taking her out to expensive dinners and on vacations 5 times a year instead of spending time and money on cars, she found someone else willing to do that. When we first seperated she said when she was through with me I would be living out of my car. Today I 'm divorced and living in a rented house with no garage and only the 68 Charger RT, the only thing she didn't get or make me sell, not that she didn't try. So forget the Prenup, hookers are way cheaper in the long run!

Tilar

Quote from: Sydmoe on February 27, 2010, 10:36:44 AM
Today I 'm divorced and living in a rented house with no garage and only the 68 Charger RT, the only thing she didn't get or make me sell, not that she didn't try. So forget the Prenup, hookers are way cheaper in the long run!

It almost makes the 20 years to life a worthwhile gamble.
Dave  

teddy1500

I have friends on wife #3 AND #4. I think you loose the right to propose after the second divorce.

A383Wing

8 outta 10 of our cars are "old' ones....still got wife #1....I think I'm doing OK

Tilar

Quote from: teddy1500 on February 28, 2010, 12:46:17 AM

I have friends on wife #3 AND #4. I think you loose the right to propose after the second divorce.

I think divorces should cost $5 and a marriage license cost $25,000.
Dave  

Khyron

I have a habbit of putting my hand on the hot stove a second time to see if I get burned again. I blame the ADHD

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Doright

Quote from: Sydmoe on February 27, 2010, 10:36:44 AM
3 years ago I had a 69 Charger, 68 Charger RT, 2005 Dodge Durango, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 and a house with a 3 car garage. After going through problems in my marraige - wife thought I should be spending more time taking her out to expensive dinners and on vacations 5 times a year instead of spending time and money on cars, she found someone else willing to do that. When we first seperated she said when she was through with me I would be living out of my car. Today I 'm divorced and living in a rented house with no garage and only the 68 Charger RT, the only thing she didn't get or make me sell, not that she didn't try. So forget the Prenup, hookers are way cheaper in the long run!

Thats a sad story Man
I hope she chokes on all that!

What makes the courts do stuff like that to Men?
Whats fair and equitable with that settlement?
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

DC_1

Women want things to be a double standard. They want the door held open, the bill to be paid at dinner and for you(the man) to bust your ass to provide them a comfortable life, yet for decades they fight for "equality" . When they are unhappy and leave, you have to continue to provide that lifestyle that you made them accustom to. Most ,not all, expect and feel "entitled" to this. Then they go on to find the next one to take care of them leaving you with little and having to start building all over again.  They get a slick lawyer that will paint you to be the worst husband, father and person ever, all to get their client and themselves as much as they can. You have no choice but to spend money to try and save some of what you worked so hard for. In the end, after the lawyers and court fees are paid, you get far less than half of what you had. And if that wasn't enough you have the pleasure to continue to pay to keep them comfortable. I don't know how it works in the U.S but here in Canada your support payments are based on pre-tax earning. Depending on your income they can get a fairly good check every month - and here is the kicker - TAX free. That's right. your support payments to your ex are tax free dollars to her. Yet your payments are not tax deductible. You get screwed through the whole process here in Canada. So the old adage - its cheaper to be miserable and married then divorced and poor is very true...... 

Ok, i feel better......my rant is over now.........

PocketThunder

Quote from: Sydmoe on March 02, 2010, 12:20:58 PM
Women want things to be a double standard. They want the door held open, the bill to be paid at dinner and for you(the man) to bust your ass to provide them a comfortable life, yet for decades they fight for "equality" . When they are unhappy and leave, you have to continue to provide that lifestyle that you made them accustom to. Most ,not all, expect and feel "entitled" to this. Then they go on to find the next one to take care of them leaving you with little and having to start building all over again.  They get a slick lawyer that will paint you to be the worst husband, father and person ever, all to get their client and themselves as much as they can. You have no choice but to spend money to try and save some of what you worked so hard for. In the end, after the lawyers and court fees are paid, you get far less than half of what you had. And if that wasn't enough you have the pleasure to continue to pay to keep them comfortable. I don't know how it works in the U.S but here in Canada your support payments are based on pre-tax earning. Depending on your income they can get a fairly good check every month - and here is the kicker - TAX free. That's right. your support payments to your ex are tax free dollars to her. Yet your payments are not tax deductible. You get screwed through the whole process here in Canada. So the old adage - its cheaper to be miserable and married then divorced and poor is very true...... 

Ok, i feel better......my rant is over now.........

Does the wife pay the tax on the income then after she gets the money from you?  The govt has to get their tax some way or the other dont they?..?.   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

DC_1

Support money does not have to be reported as income by the recipient. The payment is not tax-deductable by the payee. in Canada. I have a friend who will pay his Ex $30,000 tax free this year.

rt green

dam. poor basturd. no tail is worth that. i thought i was getting screwed from my former deal. that just isnt right. goverments should take another look at the way they treat men on these things. some deserve it, but from what i've seen, most dont. right now i'm paying mine to sit around and wear out what ever furniture she has. '"get a job? what the hell does that mean?" seems to be the phrase of the day at her house.
third string oil changer