News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will 69 fenders fit on a 68 charger and where to get them

Started by sixpack_sid, February 24, 2010, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I bought a 68 charger from a guy who was turning it into a 69. The back half already has 69 rear quarters and has a fiberglass taillite section. So will 69 fenders fit? Where can I buy new ones and which ones are the better ones? For 69 charger.

Thanks Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

WHITE AND RED 69

AMD (auto metal direct) has fenders for both 68 and 69. AMD seems to be one of the best suppliers of reproduction panels. I think the only difference between 68 and 69 fenders is the side marker lights, but I could be wrong. Someone will chime in and correct me. good luck.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Ryan

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 24, 2010, 07:02:28 PM
I think the only difference between 68 and 69 fenders is the side marker lights, but I could be wrong. Someone will chime in and correct me. good luck.

There is a small difference where the hood stop adjusters go. Nothing major, just shaped a little differently on the 68's.

To the original poster. You could esily shave those sidemarkers on those 69 quarters and drill out the holes for the 68 lights. And I would strongly suggest replacing that fiberglass tailpanel with a steel one from AMD. You could keep the 68 apperance.... unless you realy want it to look like a 69. up to you
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Cooter

As stated above, the hood adjusters MUST BE REMOVED from the '69 Fenders in order to properly fit a '68..I'm doing a GL for a cust. right now and found this out the hard way..The hood adjusters (Rubber stop), are in the Radiator support on the '68 and on the fenders on the '69..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TylerCharger69

Correct...You'll have to add the bumper stop....but other than that, and of course the side marker light/reflector difference...it will bolt right up

elitecustombody

Quote from: sixpack_sid on February 24, 2010, 05:54:57 PM
I bought a 68 charger from a guy who was turning it into a 69. The back half already has 69 rear quarters and has a fiberglass taillite section. So will 69 fenders fit? Where can I buy new ones and which ones are the better ones? For 69 charger.

Thanks Sid

If you still need a set of fenders, let me know, I'll get you a good deal, in stock and ready to go

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan