News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have any honeymoon Charger pics- Just Married /any stories..please post

Started by xx29440charger, February 15, 2010, 02:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

METROID

My current girlfriend and I will have been together for four years on the 17th this month and she has talked about getting married and driving away in the Charger.  :-\ My car is evil looking thou I am not sure how I would feel getting married in a car I nick named "Black Death" it doesn't sound like a good start to a marriage :rotz:.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.americandreamrides.com/images/cars/6/dscn0666.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.americandreamrides.com/eng/rents.php%3Fcarsel%3D1&usg=__MGbGjTV96S6tdPekoGSJEBUUAiQ=&h=768&w=1024&sz=155&hl=en&start=56&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=s7sZmIvvHPA8PM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3D68%2Bcharger%26imgsz%3Dl%26imgtbs%3Dz%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26tbo%3D1%26start%3D54%26um%3D1

This places rents Mopars for events and somewhere on the net I have scene that Charger with Just married sign on the back. Man I love all 3 of those cars :drool5:.

PocketThunder

Got married before i had a Charger...  no pics there..   :-\

Honeymooned in Aruba, no Chargers there either..  until whats his name came on this board..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

G-man

model maker

Got  my movie 69 charger in 1977, got married in 78 & she killed my charger in 79 :icon_smile_angry: Then  i told her to "hit the road" with her new found boyfriend, I sure do miss the old gal, THE CHARGER OF COURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smilielol:
MODEL MAKER

DrHemi

Parents married in 1974 and went on their honeymoon in my dad's 1969 Charger. Not sure if they drove away from the church in the Charger or my mom's 1973 Montego.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

69 OUR/TEA

If I would have had my Charger when I got married,it would have been there(for the drive home,went in limos to the reception).Instead,my other dream car growing up was an 87 Buick GN,which I did and still have,that is what was there for me and my wife to drive home in!!!In fact,a few friends at the wedding had GN's and turbo regals,they were all lined up and made for some pretty cool pics.
Although not a Charger,my funny story about that day,we needed 2 people to drive my GN and a cousins 95 yellow Corvette to the reception.A younger cousin that just turned 16 jumped to take the Vette,my uncle said OK,I'll take the Buick.When we arrived at the hall,my 16 year old cousin came up to me and said "looks like I picked the wrong car!!!" My uncle made me aware that on the highway they had a little grudge match,and drilled the Vette!!!He could'nt beleive how quick it was,and had to ask again,"thats just a six cylinder?"

Good times!!!!!

redmist

Yup...

My friend got Married to his girl a few years back when my charger was running...

I picked them up and drove them away from the reception. We did a HUGE held in place for about 20 seconds burnout for the croud as we left.

If I can find the pictures Iwill post them.

Funny part of the story is as we rounded the corner out of view I pulled the charger over because it sounded like something let go in the valvetrain. Sounded TERRIBLE!!

Car sounded fine at idle, but as soon as we started going back the soind came...

come to find out it was the cans tied to the back of the car that we failed to notice when we left..  Derrr...   :D
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

JohnnyBee

My Wifey and I met because of my Charger. We then used it for the wedding along with her moms Plymouth Valiant.

This was in Buffalo, NY October 16, 1982 (sweets day)

saltdog

Got married in 1984. Drove a 69 b3 charger up to Reno and married my highschool sweetheart.Lost the brakes temporally on the way ,I think she was jealous. :scratchchin:
1969  Charger (383)
2006 Ram3500 (diesel)

Lennard

We got married in 2004 in Oatman - Arizona on Route 66. I just had the Charger a few days and did not know that the gas gauge was way off. Because it came with an almost full tank of gas I thought I was good to go. After the wedding ceremony on our way to the restaurant where family and friends were waiting we ran out of gas on Route 66 in the middle of nowhere. The gas gauge was indicating more than a quarter tank of gas but the car stopped running and when I knocked on the gastank it sounded completely empty. :icon_smile_blackeye: Luckely we had friends with their car with us so they could go get gas for us some 20 Miles away, by the time they got back to us it was completely dark. After about an hour of wasting time we finally arrived at the restaurant where everybody laughed about our event of course. Here are the pics to go with the story...

john.v

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 15, 2010, 04:06:57 PM
Got married before i had a Charger...  no pics there..   :-\

Honeymooned in Aruba, no Chargers there either..  until whats his name came on this board..  :icon_smile_big:

have you gone out of your room to search for a charger on your honeymoon??  :nana: :nana: joking

Come back for a renewal next year,(when the car is ready)
book this at www.arubaweddingsforyou.com and Tell Lorraine that her Husband send you and that you want to have the charger ready for a photo shoot  :cheers: :cheers:

Lennard

chargerjy9

got my brand new 73 SE red w/ white top and interior,( my 1st new car and still favorite ). got married 1 month later, took the wife and the Charger on a honeymoon to the Poconos, my 1st real road trip, she complained about the 11 mpg fuel economy, the 400 4 bbl w/3:23 sure grip was a gas hog, but a blast to drive. Drove the car for a couple years and she wanted to start a family, said to me one day that it was time to sell my Charger because " gas was 60 cents a gallon and that car will put us in the poor house ". I did, we raised a family thru out the years. When the kids were grown I told her that it was my turn, she agreed and  in July of 2003, I found an unrestored  73 SE survivor with less than 3000 documented miles on the odo, much like my 1st red Charger.    Back in the saddle again... 7 years later, the car has 14K on the odo and everyone is happy as it is a trip down memory lane.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

PocketThunder

Quote from: Lennard on February 21, 2010, 10:19:06 PM
We got married in 2004 in Oatman - Arizona on Route 66. I just had the Charger a few days and did not know that the gas gauge was way off. Because it came with an almost full tank of gas I thought I was good to go. After the wedding ceremony on our way to the restaurant where family and friends were waiting we ran out of gas on Route 66 in the middle of nowhere. The gas gauge was indicating more than a quarter tank of gas but the car stopped running and when I knocked on the gastank it sounded completely empty. :icon_smile_blackeye: Luckely we had friends with their car with us so they could go get gas for us some 20 Miles away, by the time they got back to us it was completely dark. After about an hour of wasting time we finally arrived at the restaurant where everybody laughed about our event of course. Here are the pics to go with the story...

Hmmm, new bride, out of gas in the middle of nowhere, had 1 hour to kill, my God how did you pass the time!   :D   :D    :D      :shruggy:  What, i'm not saying, i'm just saying..  :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Lennard

A383Wing

Why has the title of this thread disappeared along with the first few posts??   :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on February 24, 2010, 12:10:20 AM
Why has the title of this thread disappeared along with the first few posts??   :shruggy:

Cody questioned him starting all these threads & not searching first.

I know, funny huh?

I'm guessing he took his balls & went home.  :shruggy: