News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 BB suction hose bracket A/C ONLY...mod

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, February 22, 2010, 05:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is an FYI type of post for those looking to put their A/C set up back into their BB car  ::)
Not an easy task I might ad if you dont have any of the underhood components to start with....anyhoo....

On a '69 big block B body with A/C, the suction hose is held by the bracket that bolts to the passenger inner fender and not the heater hoses like on a non-A/C car.

As it turns out this bracket is different as well and is NOT reproduced like the more common non-A/C bracket.  The difference between the two is the suction hose bracket is rubber coated and has 2 support "legs" cut into the metal to support the extra weight of the suction hose.

My modification started with buying a repro '70 & up small block heater hose bracket.  (pic 1)

Then I proceeded to cut off the notched out section & drilled a new 5/16" hole.  Using the non-A/C bracket as a template, I bent the new bracket at the same location to follow the downward contour of the inner fender.  used my dremel I cut in the new "legs"
Heated up the metal & bent the rest of the assy upward.  Still have to do some minor tweaking but I think overall it turned out pretty good....

Second pic is a comparo of the 2 brackets

Third pic is installed in the car.  

Last pic is a shot of the Hoffman's Winners Circle '69 Coronet R/T convertible that I am using as a reference

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks Mike!  Long time no hear

its a labor of love!   :rofl:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

y3chargerrt

Learn something new everyday! I'm putting all my original a/c components on also. So looks like time to order a hose bracket. Thanks Chris

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: y3chargerrt on February 23, 2010, 07:39:17 PM
Learn something new everyday! I'm putting all my original a/c components on also. So looks like time to order a hose bracket. Thanks Chris

Cool Ron, we could compare notes if you need ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

six-tee-nine

I must admit i admire you're detailing guys.....extra points in the next concours  :2thumbs:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hey Brian, thanks...this was so last year though...

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 16, 2011, 06:13:00 PM
Hey Brian, thanks...this was so last year though...

;)
Huh, I didnt even realize that. Oh well now some others can get a look at what they need to do to create one of these for themselves.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Wow, and to think I JUST stumbled on this.  :o

GREAT work, Chris!  :2thumbs:
Looks really good.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for the bump Brian :cheers:....heres an updated pic to show the routing of the lines...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T