News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stainless Steel Brake Kit with Power Booster

Started by mopar1968, July 06, 2006, 12:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJF

Quote from: Mick70RR on May 29, 2009, 02:43:28 PM
Just wait until your first panic stop from 120MPH. :o I don't think the SSBC brake kit is up to the job, simple as that. If I could afford it, I would swap it out for a better kit but until then I'll just have to take it easy and keep my distance.

Panic Stop!! oh yeah!!! I have been there ... I call it a fly by!! I live in England as well roads here are narrow and twisty. I have a massive car by british standard, accelerates like greased owl s*** and cant stop for all the tea in China. Not for the want of trying either.

E-amiled SSBC as well coz its just not right, they have asked for all the regular checks so I have reponded with the bad news, lets see what they come back with.

GreenMachine

I seem to remember reading somewhere where someone used different brake pads then what SSBC supplies and was an improvement.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

C500

I'm a little late on this one, but wanted to know if there was any success for mopar1968?

I installed a set of front disc brakes from SSBC on my old 68. The car had power brakes and I went with kit A156, leaving the drums in the rear. The brakes were pretty bad at first, but after they were "bed in", they were great. Took a few miles and some hard stomping on the pedal - as per the instructions from SSBC. Surely I'm not stating the obvious here, but did you guys with the fresh disc brake installations allow for the pads and rotors to bed in?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."