News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am going absolutely stir-crazy this winter...

Started by jb666, February 18, 2010, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Knowing my car's sitting in the garage DONE, waiting to be driven is driving me crazy...

I've stored cars for the past 20 years, but the Charger is REALLY tugging at me to get out and drive!! April can't come soon enough...

I'm itching for this view again.....

I used to occupy myself on the "boring nights" by putting coat after coat of wax on, but in the Spring this thing's going to be wet sanded (lightly) and buffed again... So I can't even do that...

What are you guys doing to the cars to keep busy these days??

RD

tearing down a 400ci for a rebuild to slap in my RR, doing body work on the RR, and then getting ready to tow it to Minnesota where me and moparguy01 (Russ) are going to provide it with her new beautiful coat of white.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jb666

Quote from: RD on February 18, 2010, 07:59:20 PM
tearing down a 400ci for a rebuild to slap in my RR, doing body work on the RR, and then getting ready to tow it to Minnesota where me and moparguy01 (Russ) are going to provide it with her new beautiful coat of white.

Oh that's awesome!! You must be pretty pumped about that... I can't wait to see those progress pics!!  :cheers: :cheers: Winter is generally a time that I get pretty depressed every year.. I can honestly say this is the first year (that I can remember) that I haven't had one "down" day!! This car really has turned my outlook around.

RD

i am getting pumped.. i have been on a spending spree as of late:

carpet
headliner
camshaft kit
pushrods
timing chain set
engine/rod/cam bearings
HV oil pump
freeze plugs
piston rings
bumper bolts
intake manifold
carburetor
fuel pump

I need to get this car ready for the upcoming season!!! LOL
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

This is the first winter in 5 years that i have nothing to do on the Charger, my wife said it kinda nice to have me back.  :pity:

PocketThunder

When you come up drop me a line..  :callme:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 18, 2010, 09:26:10 PM

When you come up drop me a line..  :callme:

Paul

hell yeah!!! I hope to have the 400 done, in and running.. that way when the paint goes on and cures.. Russ and I can go for a cruise up there.  I will be up there from March 12-20th.

RD

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 18, 2010, 08:34:51 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 18, 2010, 07:57:03 PM

sigh....

LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! seriously... that is just gorgeous.. like i want to divorce my wife and marry your radiator hose its so damn pretty!

BB1

?? I drove down route 66 today and it was a beautiful 75 degree full sunny day.

;D I feel your pain.

I'll start building a Charger retreat for winter bound Charger people.

Delete my profile

Dans 68

Quote from: BB1 on February 18, 2010, 11:19:57 PM
?? I drove down route 66 today and it was a beautiful 75 degree full sunny day.

;D I feel your pain.

:smilielol:  That is kind of cold (pun intended).    :D

Looks like our Treasure Island to Santa Cruz cruise may be postponed due to rain. Rain! At least it's not snow....

....What are you guys doing to the cars to keep busy these days??

Driving them....  ;)  :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChgrSteve67

I was sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the Santa Cruz run down Hwy 1 this weekend.

Oh well at least no one will see my Charger with its temp steering wheel on.

MoparManJim

Well this year well winter I took off from working on mine, and decided to finish up old projects that I had going on around the house. And to do alot more model building this winter  :lol: . Got afew projects that is keeping me busy which I like. 1 truck model (custom built all the way) that I have been working on for a friend of mine for the past 2 years now and it's only half way done. Working on a big semi truck model (1/25 scale) also that will be custom built for the same friend, and also working on two charger models  :lol:, each of the 4 models mention is is or will be all detailed. I told my friend Mark that this winter will go by slow knowing my luck and here we are already halfway through winter  :o :lol: already! Either I'm slowing down or time is speeding up!  :smilielol: 

Khyron

Quote from: Back N Black on February 18, 2010, 09:12:40 PM
This is the first winter in 5 years that i have nothing to do on the Charger, my wife said it kinda nice to have me back.  :pity:

go out and break something :lol:

thats what I do ;-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dans 68

...What are you guys doing to the cars to keep busy these days??

Jeff, even though we Westcoasters can drive pretty much year round, I am getting the '68 ready for the 540 mile trip to Vegas...she is currently up on stands. I've switched a few tires from the '73 to the '68 (on the way to the shop in the first photo), I'm rebuilding most of the dash gauges (photo shows RTE tic toc tac board), and finally install the modified Hurst linkage to replace the stock Inland (will still retain the Inland handle). New wiper blades on all cars and getting the required spare parts box for the road trip to MATS (I just know there will be a few glitches on the way to and from. I'll probably just have Steve tow my 50# tool box and box of spare parts in his trailer.  :rofl:)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

Today was about 72...   :2thumbs:  Oh yah,  and sunny.    :nana: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

o.k. blanket statement, if your weather was anywhere above 50..... I hate you...

i hate you I hate you I hate you!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on February 19, 2010, 12:50:14 AM
o.k. blanket statement, if your weather was anywhere above 50..... I hate you...

And I will back you up on that statment as well bud!  :2thumbs: 

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dans 68

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 19, 2010, 12:55:20 AM
Quote from: Khyron on February 19, 2010, 12:50:14 AM

And I will back you up on that statement as well bud!  :2thumbs: 

Where is the love...? Remember, it is California...so it all evens out.  :whistling:

Dan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: RD on February 18, 2010, 10:58:02 PM

LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! seriously... that is just gorgeous.. like i want to divorce my wife and marry your radiator hose its so damn pretty!

Damn bro winter is really getting to you huh???

:slap:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

LeadfootBob

Tore down the front end and took a week off work to rebuild it. Now there's another foot of snow supposed to come down tonight, the sandblaster ran out of sand after half of one LCA, and I've got zero bucks to buy more... Time to call a friend and mooch a bit  :rotz:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

69charger2002

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 19, 2010, 06:51:49 AM
Quote from: RD on February 18, 2010, 10:58:02 PM

Damn bro winter is really getting to you huh???

:slap:

;)

you can have the radiator hoses.. i'll take the 2 for 1 special on the sweet looking heater hoses!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

FJMG

If you need something to do, put some studded tires on, back the car into a snowbank and post a pic! If your going to drive it then put a 2500 rpm rev limiter! Something akin to a valet key.

jb666

Well, it hit almost 50 degrees today.. The sun was shining and it was a tease of the weather to come!! So , I fired him up again after another month of hibernation..

Pardon my IPhone 3gS amateur video, I assumed that turning my 3G sideways during recording would make it record landscape... I was wrong  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3bQaxbSFEs

And yeah, this was a welcome sight after the winter we've been having!!

HITMAN 149

bro that thing sounds FRIGGGGIN SICK!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_tongue:
you should take a nice trip to joisey on sunday may 2nd for my MC clubs 18th annual car & bike show!!! right by giants stadium!!! hmmmmmm!?!?!?!?
www.namknights.org
it's prob the biggest north jersey show....
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

ionracer24

Real race cars have three pedals......

70charginglizard

Quote from: ionracer24 on February 21, 2010, 02:06:57 AM
Two words JB...............Driveway Burnouts  :yesnod: :drive:

That helped me enormously yesterday. Weather was great up in in Washington this weekend and I actually got to take the liz out to stretch it's new 6 pack legs. Had a blast!
70charginglizard

jb666

Quote from: 70charginglizard on February 21, 2010, 08:55:00 AM
Quote from: ionracer24 on February 21, 2010, 02:06:57 AM
Two words JB...............Driveway Burnouts  :yesnod: :drive:

That helped me enormously yesterday. Weather was great up in in Washington this weekend and I actually got to take the liz out to stretch it's new 6 pack legs. Had a blast!
Nice!! I'm jealous!!  :cheers: :cheers:

472 R/T SE

sigh....

Oh my, what's that big ol' black boat anchor doing in there.

Are you putting a different carb on as well?  '70 has that big solenoid on it, is it the same for '69?

jb, man those motors sure sound good.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 22, 2010, 01:12:44 PM

sigh....

Oh my, what's that big ol' black boat anchor doing in there.

Are you putting a different carb on as well?  '70 has that big solenoid on it, is it the same for '69?

jb, man those motors sure sound good.  :2thumbs:

Yeah, just sent my "correct" 4640SA carter carb out to Scott Smith of Harms Automotive for a full rebuild & replate to get all pretty'd up.   This is a before shot....
I know my top end performance is going to suffer over my HP 750 Holley & CH4B Edelbrock manifold but for the 1-2 times every few years I get to the track Im sure Ill be OK with the street performance
What solenoid are you referring to?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

My buddy bought the '70 Coronet R/T Brian restored for his Dad, @ B-J & he was showing me this carb with a good size solenoid on it for when the compressor kicks on that he got for it.  I never knew it existed until he showed it to me Saturday.

I never looked at the numbers but he convinced me it was factory correct.  :shruggy:  I was miffed since the carb I have for my purple car didn't have that IIRC.

I tried finding a photo of it but can't.  Tom made it sound like he's had a few of those carbs' already.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Are you referring to the idle compensator solenoid like on the 6 pack cars?

69 didnt have that one
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

69bronzeT5

I put the front valance back on my '69 today......in warm sunny weather :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brass

Uncharacteristically good weather in the NW this past week, and the car is unaccessible.  Its killing me.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Brass on February 22, 2010, 07:43:55 PM
Uncharacteristically good weather in the NW this past week, and the car is unaccessible.  Its killing me.

Yeah it was.  I didn't want to rub it in.  I was able to cruise both days.  I think my lips got sun burnt a little.

Here we are from yesterday doing our impression of State or City road workers.  True to form there was only one person doing any wrenching.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cringing at the thought of the guy in the middle not ducking when he stands back up....  :o
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

I'm not really concerned with either Charger this winter.       I'm busy wasting time and cash on the 5.9 Grand Cherokee.   It's kinda funny wasting tuners with a tank  :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.