News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley or Edelbrock

Started by ChargerSG, February 13, 2010, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Im about to buy a Cfm 600 carb, so now im thinking should i buy Holley or Edelbrock :scratchchin:
Its for a 5.7L Hemi carbintake, the crates use Holley but i think the Edelbrock looks better.... :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

c00nhunterjoe

i personally prefer teh holley. ran an edy 750 on my mustang and on my charger for a while and didnt really care for it. they run great on mild builds but i never liked tehm on performance engines. holleys seemed to put out more power.  on the other hand i have a friend with a 68-9 camero with a 500 inch big block running an edy. that car runs in the 10's on it so they cant be all bad

oldschool

but i think the Edelbrock looks better.... :icon_smile_big:
[/quote]

:eek2: :puke:

get the holley.much easier to tune,more power,looks better,easy to get parts for....... :cheers:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

ChargerSG

Dont like that goldielook but dont like that chrome Eddys either :icon_smile_big:
Anyway since all crate engines(from Mopar to Xv or Indy) use Holley Cfm 600 manuel choke thats the one i will use, but i think i will buy a Eddy one to and see with one is the best.... :scratchchin:

375instroke

At least get the AVS version.

alcusswhen

Summit raceing sells chrome holly's. A 600 is not going to make you happy with that 5.7 been there done that. I tried a 750 edlebrock on it didn't like it. Switched to a vacum secondary holly and love it.
On the other the 750 edlebrock works great on my 310/391 stroker in my 73 Charger. When it comes to tuning and power nothing but a Barry Grant comes close to a holly.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

Brass

Alcusswhen is correct: you can get a Holley in silver.  (Summit also sells kits for an electric choke.)  I had an Edlebrock and didn't like it.  Switched to a Holley Avenger and that was better.  I've also had two Holley double pumpers and those were better still.  Currently, I'm using a 4778s ("s" for silver) that has been jetted up. 

ChargerSG

The Holley im talking about is the Holley 600 cfm vacum secondary with manual choke, first i was going to buy a new one from Holley but now im more thinking in buying sevral Holleys from 600-750 that need to be rebuilt for like the same money.

I still wonder why they use Holley 600 cfm vacum secondary with manual choke on the crate/kits ones if is not working :scratchchin:

Cooter

Most people can't live with a Holley cause they seem to buy into that old addage of "They need constant tuning"...Holley is the heart and soul of performance....Period...And Eddy is for the Driver, a Holley is for the driver that wants to haul ass...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mjwebb

very happy with my 600 Eddie performer match with their performer intake..good stuff imho

Rolling_Thunder

whatever you do NO NOT BUY A DEMON CARB!     

An eledbrock will due you fine - but most people seem to like Holleys...    I have very little experience when it comes to Holleys as most of my customers like Edelbrocks - ease of tuning and no fuel spillage when making adjustments - plus they look more "stock" on most engine builds....

I am trying to pick up a 750 DP Holley for my Road Runner just for a comparison...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldschool

Quote from: Cooter on February 15, 2010, 07:51:26 AM
Most people can't live with a Holley cause they seem to buy into that old addage of "They need constant tuning"...Holley is the heart and soul of performance....Period...And Eddy is for the Driver, a Holley is for the driver that wants to haul ass...
well said cooter  :2thumbs:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Chryco Psycho

Proform or Holley HP series , the newer carb significantly outperform the older Holleys

ChargerSG

ACUDANUT

flyinlow

Going the Holley route is like playing with Chevys. Its the easy way. Parts,tuning ,info are much more readily available.

Most of our cars came with Carters, Good dependable street carbs.

You will be lucky if you get the perfect carb on the first try.

I have a 750  Holley, an Edelbrock  800  EPS and a 850 Thermoquad for my car.

Decisions,decisions....   Dragstrip, all around street carb or best gas milage?

The Eddy Thunder series has an adjustable secondary airvalve for tuning.

The new Holleys dont have the leaking and power valve problems of the past model. Have you looked at the smaller

Holley street avengers?   :Twocents: