News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD full Quarter panel

Started by TXcharger70, February 16, 2010, 10:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Can some one tell me if the full quarter panel just covers the outside of the car? Or does is also cover some of the sail panel on the inside? Thinking about replacing my whole quarter panel cause i think might be easier. I already have sail panels to replace just want to know before i start repair the sail panel and not have to do it over. :shruggy:

Hudson Hornet !

It covers the entire sail panel and includes the window lip as well. Hope this helps!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

TXcharger70

just want to be sure that it will cover the inside of the sail panel so that i won't have to fix the sail panel separately. So it does include part of window lip as well correct cause its rusted out in the cornor. I had ordered replacement sail panels from charger specialties and i have started to fix the left one just don't want to do the work twice.

Troy

Yes, it goes all the way in to the window lip - but I wouldn't say it covers the *entire* sail panel (section at the top is part of the roof). I answered this on the other thread but I'll post the pictures here as well. The "full" quarters go to the roof seam (shown here).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TXcharger70

I guess what i am trying to ask is if it covers the inside part of the sail panel not the outside.

Troy

Yes, it goes all the way to the window. The area under the window (including the window channel) is part of the dutchman panel. There is a seam that runs just under the vinyl top trim. Here's a picture of one of my other cars. The roof seam isn't visible but the lower seam is and the black patch is a piece cut from a full AMD quarter.

You can see the driver's side cut off patch from an AMD quarter laying on the box in this picture:

Troy

TXcharger70

Thanks for the response Troy. So the Amd full quarter comes in two sections? One for the inner sail w/part of window trim and then the outside/sail and quarter panel right? Sorry if i am coming off as a moron just want to be sure what i would be getting and not having to redo work on the sail panels since i had bought patch sail panels.

TXcharger70

Well i called AMD and they told me it was one piece which i should have done in the first place.
Sorry my brain is mush today. I just got confused cause it look like you had cut the piece out separately. Just wondering how come you had to cut it instead of using the whole quarter panel as one section

Troy

Yes, the AMD "full" quarters are one piece and the same size as the factory quarters (so, basically, you attach them at the seams/joints just like the originals). I didn't need full quarters but I did need the area around the rear window. Another member didn't use the sail panels from the new quarters when they did the metal work on their car so I bought the leftover pieces. From those, I only used smaller pieces for patching my holes.

I have some full AMD quarters in my shop. If I can get the boxes open I'll shoot some pictures - or you can look on eBay and see them.

Troy

TXcharger70

thanks for all the help. Do you know where i can find a good deal on them or should i look for a dealer in my area?

Troy

These things are HUGE so most dealers will just have them drop shipped directly from AMD to avoid having to pay shipping twice (once to them and once to you). Check our "Group Buys, Discounts, Sales, and Special Pricing" section at http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html and eBay for the best price. Where are you located?

Troy

elitecustombody

I can get you a good deal on any AMD part.Just shoot me a message with your list,zip and specify if you want it shipped to business or residence. 

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan

TXcharger70

Does any on know if someone has listed a step by step on how to remove the rear quarter panel or could someone tell me based on experience whats the best way to do so. Cause i am thinking about replacing it with a new AMD full quarter panel