News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jay Leno or David Letterman?

Started by ChargerBill, December 07, 2005, 02:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you rather watch?

Jay Leno
26 (59.1%)
David Letterman
14 (31.8%)
Don't like either of them
4 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

ChargerBill

I was just wondering which one you guys watch. IF I'm up late enough I'll watch Jay Leno, but I absolutely cannot stand Letterman....
Life is a highway...

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Big Lebowski

Leno, because he's a car guy, and i talked to him at the Van Nuys mopar Spring Fling. Leno really helped pass our (Calif.) SB 42 which exempts the '74 & older cars from the smog check 2 crap.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Mefirst

Charger4404spd

Yep, Leno! Real cool car nut like us!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Of the two I'll pick Letterman, but I think he's lost some of his edge over the years. He was better when he came on after Johnny Carson, maybe getting a better time slot & more money softened him up. Jay Leno is very funny, but I like Letterman's sense of humor a little more.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

derailed

I like them both but i like Letterman better

golden73

Leno over Letterman, but Conan O'brien is the best

dodgecharger-fan

I think Leno is a cool guy, but I don't think he's funny anymore. Maybe it's just be but I can see the punchlines coming a mile away.
Once I know where he's going with a bit, I just want him to skip to the next one and get it over with. It's frustrating.

Letterman is a bit of dork, but that's part of his appeal, I think. I think he's funnier. He's not afraid to try something stupid for a laugh.

Letterman gets my vote.

69bananabeast

I've always been partial to Leno .  I wonder whos gonna replace him when he retires in a couple years
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

GTX

Letterman used to be funny and witty imho but he lost me when he got very rude and mean spirited to his guests and audience.
Leno is much more layed back and doesn't come across as self superior. I'll catch Letterman if there is a really cool guest on but otherwise I'll be watching Leno.

Oh, I also HATE that bald headed ego maniacal freak band leader of Lettermans!

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bananabeast on December 07, 2005, 05:35:16 PM
I've always been partial to Leno .   I wonder whos gonna replace him when he retires in a couple years

Conan O'Brien is already signed up starting in 2009.

I dont usually watch much network tv, but when i do find myself watching late night tv, its usually Leno.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

General_01

Leno is funny, but he can't interview to save his life. At least Letterman lets his guest finish what they are saying. Leno must love to hear himself because he interupts his guests constantly.I also hate that the whole thing about guests leaving after their interview started when he took over. A lot of the funniest things on Carson was the guests horse-play. I don't expect it on Letterman because he always had one guest at a time on.I like Letterman most, but I usually just see who has the better guests and watch that show.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

dkn1997

leno.  but nothing compares to carson.  That guy was just naturally funny, he did not need a lot of jokes.  he could just stare into the camera and make you piss your pants laughing. 

but that was then, and this is now.  36, 2 kids and I have to be at work at 6:15.  no late night tv for me anymore.
RECHRGED

my73charger

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 07, 2005, 02:43:35 AM
I was just wondering which one you guys watch. IF I'm up late enough I'll watch Jay Leno, but I absolutely cannot stand Letterman....

:iagree:

'CUDA360

I like them both but Leno is the man.

Kindo cool that both of them are so into cars

Silver R/T

dont like either, especially Jay...hes NOT so funny at times that its just a waste of time
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

Quote from: General_01 on December 07, 2005, 07:31:24 PM
Leno is funny, but he can't interview to save his life. At least Letterman lets his guest finish what they are saying. Leno must love to hear himself because he interupts his guests constantly.
:iagree:   I can't stand Leno.   He's always interrupting the guests.   He also overexplains every joke, and steps all over the guests' punchlines whenever they make an attempt at a joke.   He's so unnatural when he talks to guests it makes me uncomfortable to watch it.   What's with all that high-fiving crap anyway?   And someone tell Kevin the band guy to shut the hell up with that phony laughing all the time.   (Same could be said of Paul Schaefffer, but at least he's usually going for schtick when he starts with the loud   laughing)

Letterman is a good interviewer, and at least when an interview is going badly he'll admit it afterwards, or sometimes even in the middle of the interview.   I've been a huge fan of Letterman since the days of trampolines, velcro and Larry Bud Melman.   There's definitely a more mellow tone to the show nowadays, but I still think he's 10 times the host Leno could hope to be.   And come on, who couldn't love "Will it Float?"

Brock Samson

everyone here at work watches "HEADLINES" but we turn it off right after...

these overpaid scmucks disgust me...  :-*

glad to see were dealin with the really important issues here..

Chryco Psycho

Letterhead is an ass but then I don`t have TV so I don`t watch either , I have more respect for Leno just because he is a car Guy

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 08, 2005, 01:55:00 AM
Letterhead is an ass but then I don`t have TV so I don`t watch either , I have more respect for Leno just because he is a car Guy

so is Letterman, though not as hard core. He owns part of an IRL race team...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"