News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do chicks dig your Charger?

Started by Supercharged Riot, February 18, 2010, 03:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercharged Riot

Well?  When you're taking your Charger out for whatever reason it may be
Do you feel a stronger gravitational pull of women coming your way?

It doesnt matter if its a simple comment or conversation, smile with an eye wink, or even score you a date?

Let's hear itt.  It doesnt if it has or has or has not.

METROID

:hah: Scares away the X-girlfriends you should see them run for cover :smilielol:. Current girlfriend loves it until she has to sit in it, she gets scared because of the loud motor and the fact the interior is shot to heck :eek2:. Over all she admires it and seems to actually like it now that it has paint.

There are a lot of girls that dig it but most are impressed by expensive, foreign, luxury cars that others guys are driving :rotz: (probably not even a real taste for cars just money :yesnod:).

bull

Yes. At least the chicks that matter dig Chargers. Whenever I bring up the topic of my former '70 Charger with pics or stories, usually on facebook among my high school friends, the positive response is invariably dominated by women:

Rhonda Britton Amos, Rhonda Marks Rae, Diane Witherrite, Shannon Euhus Morrison and Tami Grisham like this.
Lisa Courtney Steel Eberhardt Is this your old one?
February 3 at 10:17am · Curtis Smith Yes. As you can probably tell that's the CJD parade; probably 1983 or 84.
February 3 at 10:18am · Sherri Cornett Oh I recognize that car!! Awesome!! Look, that old house is in the back ground...now it's the little strip mall!!!
February 3 at 4:47pm · Staci Bronson Do you still have it? I used to love this car!! Way cool!!
February 3 at 5:32pm · Curtis Smith I wish I still had it. The rinky-dink restoration I did at the age of 15 didn't hold up that well and it got to the point where it needed more work than I had the time/money to put into it. I know where the car is though. The current owner has it at his mom's house west of Eugene.
February 3 at 6:01pm · Brett Lueb Joseph has strip malls?
February 3 at 6:03pm · Curtis Smith The whole town is pretty much a strip mall now.
February 4 at 12:14am · Tami Grisham didn't think that town had anything.. lol I remember that car to, it was sweet.
February 4 at 8:00am · Staci Bronson We didn't need much back then, we just thought it was cool to cruise main street in this car!!
February 4 at 3:04pm · Curtis Smith True. All you needed was gas and a Night Ranger or Def Leppard cassette.
February 4 at 4:23pm · Staci Bronson OMG! What memories! Seems like yesterday! Do I sound old or what? :)
February 4 at 7:12pm · James Hake now that was some great times in that car! 50 cent bottles of coke at the store at the lake, and the list goes on! thanks for memories buddy.
February 5 at 2:49pm · Curtis Smith You're welcome. We must have put 100K miles on that thing between Enterprise and the marina.

In response to this picture:

elacruze

The only Chick who matters does.  :angel:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

1969chargerrtse

Back in the 80's I left my Orange 69 charger ( not this car ) in a parking garage and there was a note left on it by 2 girls that said they loved my car.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FLG

Alot do, some think its loud and annoying, others just love it, some love it and TRY to strike up a convo but that usually starts out with "Is that a mustang?" or "Is that a Camaro?"

70charginglizard

does it really matter?

Only one who care that matters is the owner. Thats what makes a car from ordinary to awesome.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

Cooter

I'm 37 Y/O, Don't really care about the "Chicks" anymore as I'm married now. Only people I actually respect the opinion/conversation of isn't talking to me hoping to find out how much her X-Husbands car/cars are worth when she takes him to the cleaners......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

mjwebb

most definately, but overall I'd say it's more of a 'Chuck' magnet than a Chick Magnet...guys just drool over my car and always gettin the thumbs up

Finn

It's slightly ridiculus how much they like it. In fact I'm pretty sure it gets more action than me. Come to think of it I have yet to find a girl that doesn't love it once she sees it.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Back N Black

Nope not too many Chicks, but allot of balding mid life crisis baby boomers show lots of interest. :D

Ghoste

Overall I've found that girls like Chargers.  I had one girlfriend who absolutely hated it but that was because it drew more attention than she did and she was very much the proverbial attention whore.  My wife hates mine when it draws me away from family events or disturbs her life in some way but at the core of it, she was the one who picked it out and encouraged me to get it.
My favorite was driving around town one night and went by a group of ricers patting each other on the back for the size of their fart cans when one of their girlfriends pointed at my car as I went by and stated "Now THAT looks like a fast car".
Chicks and Chargers?  Ask Julia or Elliot. :icon_smile_wink:

stripedelete

I bought my 69 in 1984.  One of the first things that struck me was the number of women in their fourties and fifties that noticed and complimented it.  What was interesting to me was that most did not seem to be the type to notice any automobile.  At the time, when I pointed this out to "general" car guys, not specific to classics or chargers, they attributed to the "coke bottle" shape which has appeal across genders.  While this theory probably has a great deal of merit, in retrospect, I wonder if some just had "fond" memories from back-in-the-day ...........    

1BAD68

Quote from: Back N Black on February 18, 2010, 09:05:21 AM
Nope not too many Chicks, but allot of balding mid life crisis baby boomers show lots of interest. :D

Ha! same here.
My Charger draws alot of attention from biker's also.

PocketThunder

Quote from: METROID on February 18, 2010, 03:59:41 AM
:hah: Scares away the X-girlfriends you should see them run for cover :smilielol:. Current girlfriend loves it until she has to sit in it, she gets scared because of the loud motor and the fact the interior is shot to heck :eek2:. Over all she admires it and seems to actually like it now that it has paint.

There are a lot of girls that dig it but most are impressed by expensive, foreign, luxury cars that others guys are driving :rotz: (probably not even a real taste for cars just money :yesnod:).

Exactly!  The only "chicks" that are into Chargers, (and 60's 70's muscle cars) are the women that are older than me, late 30's and up.  The Generation X'ers.  The Generation Y group is more interested in foreign luxury cars and the correlation to how thick your wallet is.  But hey, if thats what gets you laid.....  then by all means...   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

challenger70

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 18, 2010, 10:00:24 AM
Quote from: METROID on February 18, 2010, 03:59:41 AM

Exactly!  The only "chicks" that are into Chargers, (and 60's 70's muscle cars) are the women that are older than me, late 30's and up.  The Generation X'ers.  The Generation Y group is more interested in foreign luxury cars and the correlation to how thick your wallet is.  But hey, if thats what gets you laid.....  then by all means...   :shruggy:

Bingo, 90% of the chicks interested in old cars are old.  Although most of my girlfriends seem to at least humor me with "liking" them.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

skip68

Since my car is a GENNY LEE, I've had all kinds of women want pictures of it.   I've been flashed and even had 2 offers of a favor for a ride.   :rofl:    I am married but at least I know a replacement will be easy to get.   :2thumbs:    :scratchchin:
Maybe a younger model with less miles, air bags and some kind of soft but firm seat.....    :drool5: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Quote from: Cooter on February 18, 2010, 07:49:33 AM
I'm 37 Y/O, Don't really care about the "Chicks" anymore as I'm married now. Only people I actually respect the opinion/conversation of isn't talking to me hoping to find out how much her X-Husbands car/cars are worth when she takes him to the cleaners......

yeah thats more like it ! don't like the crappy old car ,  but   want to know how much its worth  :flame:
  how much am i going to get should we devorce
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

Quote from: skip68 on February 18, 2010, 10:28:57 AM
Since my car is a GENNY LEE, I've had all kinds of women want pictures of it.   I've been flashed and even had 2 offers of a favor for a ride.   :rofl:    I am married but at least I know a replacement will be easy to get.   :2thumbs:    :scratchchin:
Maybe a younger model with less miles, air bags and some kind of soft but firm seat.....    :drool5: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :rofl:

Chuck, make sure that "new model" has good seat belts - something like that could throw you off if you're not careful! :D

miller

A plum crazy purple charger..... yeah they like it.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Foreman72

i do believe my girl likes mine quite a bit...well, what its going to look like anyways :icon_smile_big: i don't think shes too crazy about it right now...but she knows i love that car...she has only seen pictures but this summer she'll get to see it face to face...i wonder how she'll respond...she knows its the other girl :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

CB

I can confirm Chucks' story...

Chuck and I
in the General
cruising
then...

boobs on Vegas Strip  :o

Once I had a couple of grannies flashing asking for a ride. Yea right...
:lol:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TUFCAT

Wow Bull! You actually know a girl named Sheri Cornett? Nice!  :2thumbs:  Don't worry I won't crack any jokes about taking her for a ride in my car. :D

TylerCharger69

All the time....it never ends....but I'm not going to complain....Yes....always propositioned for rides in it.  Oh...if my car could talk!!!......

G-man

My wife does.

Im sure others do, but, whocares? :angel: