News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger

Started by Darkman, February 17, 2010, 11:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Congratulations Mate !  Nothing like driving a Charger, Enjoy!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Darkman

Thanks! And she'll definitely be enjoyed!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Dans 68

Quote from: Darkman on June 24, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
...Another 68 Charger leaving US soil.....

We (my US agent and I) put in an offer on a 68 Charger (was a 318 but now has a 383, 727 auto and 8&3/4 rear, so not a rare car) and it was accepted!  :woohoo:

Very nice.  :cheers:  Are we a bit excited?  :scratchchin:   ;)

Quote from: Darkman on June 24, 2010, 08:24:13 PM
...PS: Sorry Dans 68, it is not from Cali and doesn't have black plates  ;D

Ahh, dang it....  :brickwall:   :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Darkman

Excited much?? It feels as if I'm doing this :dance: then this  :brickwall: then this :dance: again. This is going to be another tough 5 or 6 weeks...

doctor4766

Quote from: Darkman on June 24, 2010, 09:50:23 PM
Excited much?? It feels as if I'm doing this :dance: then this  :brickwall: then this :dance: again. This is going to be another tough 5 or 6 weeks...

Mate it'll be worth every moment of waiting I'm sure.
I've had my rebuild big block back for a week now and we're still working through "issues".
I just wanna drive her again but I know if I wait long enough we will have sorted everything and she'll be sweet.
Hopefully in time for the local July 4th cruise!!
Gotta love a '69

Darkman

Another episode to the "Charger Saga".

The charger I was meant to buy in Western Massachusetts was all going through until the day came to pay....the guy changed his mind and wante to keep it  :brickwall:

Just when I gave up hope, I stumbled across this add the day i was posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1821586606.html

So I have had it inspected and, I believe it has been purchased. Here is a quick video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nVKMk5rnYk

Looks like it needs a new roof skin, and some minor panel work but all in all it is exactly what I am after

Hey Dans68...it's a Cali car and by the looks of the add it has black plates  ;)

Dans 68

Good luck this time! So you think you purchased it? I hope it works out.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Darkman

My agent has said that it has happened and he is getting the import approvals to me in the next couple of days

Laxy

Hey mate, great to see another 68 coming to Aus - if you end up with that car and want to sell the wheels let me know - I was looking at that ad thinking how much I want a set of those period kidney mags for my 68!! Reminds of me of all the crappy (but awesome) 70's and 80's car chase movies... I know they are not to most people's tastes but I think they look tough as nails.

Good luck with the import.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Darkman

Quote from: Darkman on July 08, 2010, 04:40:07 PM
Just when I gave up hope, I stumbled across this add the day i was posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1821586606.html

So I have had it inspected and, I believe it has been purchased. Here is a quick video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nVKMk5rnYk

Looks like it needs a new roof skin, and some minor panel work but all in all it is exactly what I am after

I just got confirmation that this car is mine! I will be getting the import approvals in a few short hours. The car is already in LA getting prepped for packing  :woohoo:

Darkman

Looks like another Charger is set to leave your shores very soon....

Just got word that my import application has been approved. So in about a week (hopefully less) the car will be sipping pena coladas on the deck of a ship  :cheers:

Piston_Freddy

Good news! If you get the car, will you drive it as is or start with the tear down right away?
Max rim size:15"

Darkman

I hope to start the tear down right away (after a quick spin around the streets  :icon_smile_big: ). I will be converting it to RHD so there is a lot of work ahead of me, including replacing the roof skin.

Darkman

Confirmed....Import approvals are on my desk....now just to scan and email them

Darkman

All necessary paperwork received, roof skin has arrived, shipping has been paid. Time to get that sucker assigned to a boat  :dance:  :boogie:

dodgey68

Congratulations  :cheers: good to see another charger here in aus,  good luck with ya build
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

Darkman

Thanks!

Just got the word that the ship sets sail on the 5th of September!

doctor4766

Cool, lets hope it doesn't take the long way round...
Gotta love a '69