News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help on custom dash: light bulb covers

Started by Hive_Mind, January 25, 2010, 11:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hive_Mind

So I am thinking of building a custom aluminum dash for my bee. Question I have is, I want to keep using my stock dash harness ( especially since its brand new) I am going to reuse all the stock switches for headlights and such, but I am running into a problem with turn signal indicators and high beam indicator. I would like to use the original bulbs since its all wired up and works. Anyone know of a place that makes caps that I could put into the dashboard that would fit the the original prong type things that hold the light bulbs. I tried to doing a google on it but its a weird search to word and I keep getting like smiley face headlight covers and crap.  :scratchchin:

Long Island RT

Are you using the stock gauges?

I too did a custom dash and thought about using the stock turn signals and blinkers but then asked why? (because I didn't use the stock gauges)
If your dash plate is not stock-  you might as well upgrade to LED lights.  They look and work better, are cheap, come in various sizes and colors - and are simple to wire in to your existing harness.

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

HPP

Paint whatever lens they are behind with candy colors. Candy is transparent enough to allow the light through.

redfourjohnd

You might want to look for LED bulbs. I've seen them that have the right base on them and come in a variety of colors, some are even multicolor. They say they are brighter too. I guess you'd just remove the bulb covers in that case.

Thanks,

John D
First car: 1969 Charger R/T 440 4 barrel 3.91 rear- sold it like a dummy.

Current Mopars:

1968 Charger Slant Six A833 OD
1976 Ramcharger 400 4WD
1962 Valiant 170 2 door post
1962 Valiant 225 Signet
1962 Valiant 225 Signet junker car-but it has a brand new rebuilt 225 in it :-))
1962 Lancer parts car