News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

302s matched to air gap pics

Started by chargd72, February 16, 2010, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Just thought I'd give some encouragement to those first timers out there.  I was a little hesitant since this was my first attempt at any headwork.  My project was to match the intake runners on my cast '302's to my air gap manifold. 

The first thing I did was take a sharpie and color around the runner openings.  Then I used the 360 gasket and a nail to trace out the area I would remove.  I used a course stone dremmel to do the opening itself (wanted to stay away from carbide since it's my first go).  It took a few hours but it's worth not screwing it up by going too far.  The humps you see inside the runners are for the pushrods.  Be VERY careful not to take too much off here!  You can see from the pics that plenty of meat was taken out.  The pics were taken before I did the cleanup work with some finer sand.  They looks much smoother now.  I still have some bowl work to do but I'm happy with how they're turning out so far.

Enjoy  :icon_smile_big:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Chryco Psycho