News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Very, um, interesting

Started by bull, February 15, 2010, 08:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

RD

wtf were they smoking when they did that?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

elacruze

That is a striking automobile.

It's somehow...almost...well...but...nope.

It brings to mind the line from them movie "Arthur";

"When the light hits her just right, she's really quite beautiful. But you can't always count on that light"
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

MoparManJim

I don't care what you all think, I kinda like that paint sceme, at least the guy/person wasn't boring but rather creative in a way.   :shruggy:

jaak

WTF?? Did they just cram a 66/67 b body cluster in the 68 Charger dash? Looks crummy.

Jason

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 15, 2010, 09:16:12 PM
I don't care what you all think, I kinda like that paint sceme, at least the guy/person wasn't boring but rather creative in a way.   :shruggy:

Boring? I've never seen a boring 68 Charger. Dressing one up in a clown suit is not what I'd call an improvement.

Tilar

It looks like a combination of lots more than 2 cars. It looks like a factory sunroof but I don't think they did those in 68 did they? The dash looks like a failed abortion. Even though most of them were on vans, anyone that was around when these cars were built saw plenty of these types of paint jobs.

Quote from: RD on February 15, 2010, 08:40:32 PM
wtf were they smoking when they did that?

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

elacruze

I particularly like the shifter boot and christmas tree light wiring.

I wonder if it's a factory big block sunroof A/C car?

No descriptions or anything, great way to sell a car.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

68coronetGLwannabe

WOW! This guy lives just down the road from me. I have seen the car around for several years, but had no Idea the inside was such a mess. It was on Craigslist awhile back for $14000.00.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Magnumcharger

Time to update the "Worst Charger Paintjob" thread.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69CoronetRT

When cars like this show up, I always wonder what happens to the 'it's your car, do what YOU want' attitude.

When people finaly do what they want, other people trash them.  :shruggy:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on February 16, 2010, 12:15:25 AM
When cars like this show up, I always wonder what happens to the 'it's your car, do what YOU want' attitude.

When people finaly do what they want, people trash them.  :shruggy:

:iagree:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

G-man

Other than 'everything' thats stuffed on that car... the paint job is kinda cool for that shaped car (the red-yellow idea ie.)

Khyron

I musst be getting soft, I kinda like it....

note: I haven't clicked the link, just the paint.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

elacruze

Nobody's trashing the owners, just having a little fun with the inanimate object of their affections.

It's a rare person who paints their car with total disregard for the opinions of others. To those few, hats off! But if you care what others think, you should get some opinions before you paint, just to find out if all your taste is in your mouth.
I love the color combination on this car, I just hate the way they're put together-or rather, taken apart. The side stripes kill. The wing thingy is...somehow almost ok, might could be worked with.  :shruggy:

You know what they say, opinions are like gym shoes...

:P
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
---

MoparManJim

Quote from: elacruze on February 16, 2010, 01:17:53 AM

Nobody's trashing the owners, just having a little fun with the inanimate object of their affections.

It's a rare person who paints their car with total disregard for the opinions of others. To those few, hats off! But if you care what others think, you should get some opinions before you paint, just to find out if all your taste is in your mouth.
I love the color combination on this car, I just hate the way they're put together-or rather, taken apart. The side stripes kill. The wing thingy is...somehow almost ok, might could be worked with.  :shruggy:

You know what they say, opinions are like gym shoes...

:P

Why should I can of what you think about my vehicle when my name is the one on the title and not yours  :lol:. Now if it was co-owner then that would be a whole other story in it self then. I think people now days goes off of what or how other folks feels towards them about what they do to there own vehicle and if people will like them after wards. To me I can care less of the other person and how he/she would feel towards me. All the feelings are is really like you said just opinions is all they really are.  :shruggy:

68r/t

OneofNoneRT

:o 68 manual sunroof!  :o Contacted them will find out more if I can :shruggy:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

tan top

yeah just what i was thinking  :scratchchin:  sunroof !!  did cross my mind that  it , could be a 69 body  :shruggy: :scratchchin: :popcrn: ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 16, 2010, 01:46:37 AM
Why should I can of what you think about my vehicle when my name is the one on the title and not yours  :lol:. Now if it was co-owner then that would be a whole other story in it self then. I think people now days goes off of what or how other folks feels towards them about what they do to there own vehicle and if people will like them after wards. To me I can care less of the other person and how he/she would feel towards me. All the feelings are is really like you said just opinions is all they really are.  :shruggy:

No, people are saying about it what they're saying because the car looks stupid. Don't overthink this and then try playing amateur psychiatrist.

nh_mopar_fan

Interesting theory. It's a free country and you can do what you want since it IS your car BUT no one else is allowed an opinion on the result? uh,  :slap:

Skyview69

It's not that bad and it can be reversed....what's with the shifter boot?  An old shirt mayber  :shruggy:  :slap:

PocketThunder

what is the red thing under the dash?

I'm guessing this is a 68 with a 69 drivers door.  I'm not sure about the sunroof yet wether its a 69 car or not.  I guess we need to see the fender tag and body numbers.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."