News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerrtforme

Today at the Washington auto show GM announced information many people around the country have been waiting for.
Up to this point, the Volt has only been available for order in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, Texas, Michigan,and Washington DC.
Since last December, cars have begin to be delivered in the Washington D.C. area, as well as California, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Texas.
It was announced today that deliveries will begin in Michigan this Spring.
More importantly, GM announced that beginning in the second quarter of this year customers will be able to order Volts form participating dealers nationwide.
Deliveries will begin in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii in the third quarter.
During the fourth quarter GM expects to have started Volt deliveries in all 50 states.
This announcement represents and acceleration of the initial rollout plan such that all 50 states will start getting Volts by the end of this year, a mere 12 months from the launch date. Initially it was expected the rollout could take 18 months.
"We're accelerating our launch plan to have Volts in all participating Chevrolet dealerships in every single state in the union by the end of this year," said Rick Scheidt, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet Marketing. "This is the right thing to do for our customers and our dealers who are seeing increased traffic onto their showroom floors."

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 12, 2011, 09:51:24 AM
Quote from: Landonsrt on January 12, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
The biggest issue I have is everyone lambasting GM for getting a bailout and having already paid back their loan. Now they have to suffer for the fact that the government owns so many shares of stock to make even more back that will never go back to the people who paid for the bailout! US!!!
No ones saying shit about chrysler's bailout.............

Ok, I will.  I think most people in this thread who are bashing GM about taking taxpayer money (myself included)  is because this thread is about a GM car.  I am buying a new truck this year and it sure as shit will not be a Ram
or a Duramax.  And set a new Mustang next to a new Challenger, guess which one I am going to take?  Not Ma
Mopar.

And please do not think for one second GM has payed back the "Loan" because they are far from it.
OPINIONAPRIL 21, 2010
The GM Bailout: Paid Back in Full
The investment of U.S. and Canadian tax dollars worked.
Article
Comments (105)
MORE IN OPINION »
EmailPrint
Save This
↓ More

+ More
Text
By ED WHITACRE

Today, General Motors is announcing that it has made a payment of $5.8 billion to the U.S. Treasury and Export Development Canada. We're paying back—in full, with interest, years ahead of schedule—loans made to help fund the new GM.

Our ability to pay back these loans less than a year after emerging from bankruptcy is a sign that our plan for building a new GM is working. It is also an important step toward eventually reducing the amount of equity the governments of the U.S., Canada and Ontario hold in our company. Combined, these governments hold a majority of GM's equity, and we want citizens to know how their governments' money is being put to work.

Troy

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on January 27, 2011, 01:32:15 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on January 12, 2011, 09:51:24 AM
Quote from: Landonsrt on January 12, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
The biggest issue I have is everyone lambasting GM for getting a bailout and having already paid back their loan. Now they have to suffer for the fact that the government owns so many shares of stock to make even more back that will never go back to the people who paid for the bailout! US!!!
No ones saying shit about chrysler's bailout.............

Ok, I will.  I think most people in this thread who are bashing GM about taking taxpayer money (myself included)  is because this thread is about a GM car.  I am buying a new truck this year and it sure as shit will not be a Ram
or a Duramax.  And set a new Mustang next to a new Challenger, guess which one I am going to take?  Not Ma
Mopar.

And please do not think for one second GM has payed back the "Loan" because they are far from it.
OPINIONAPRIL 21, 2010
The GM Bailout: Paid Back in Full
The investment of U.S. and Canadian tax dollars worked.
Article
Comments (105)
MORE IN OPINION »
EmailPrint
Save This
↓ More

+ More
Text
By ED WHITACRE

Today, General Motors is announcing that it has made a payment of $5.8 billion to the U.S. Treasury and Export Development Canada. We're paying back—in full, with interest, years ahead of schedule—loans made to help fund the new GM.

Our ability to pay back these loans less than a year after emerging from bankruptcy is a sign that our plan for building a new GM is working. It is also an important step toward eventually reducing the amount of equity the governments of the U.S., Canada and Ontario hold in our company. Combined, these governments hold a majority of GM's equity, and we want citizens to know how their governments' money is being put to work.
You'll want to dig in a little deeper - that's just the press release/spin. They haven't come anywhere close to paying off the amount borrowed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chargerrtforme

Thanks but my shovel broke from all the snow and I really don't care.

Ghoste

So when there is something positive about the car you can't wait to cheerlead but if it is debunked in any way then your broken snow shovel leaves you so despondent that you no longer care?

1969chargerrtse

Oh here we go again.
I think it's great they are finally going to be available in all 50 states. Who cares about the loan or not the loan?  Oh yeah, some of you do.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Ghoste on January 27, 2011, 04:10:03 PM
So when there is something positive about the car you can't wait to cheerlead but if it is debunked in any way then your broken snow shovel leaves you so despondent that you no longer care?
Something like that. But not really. Kinda. No. What?

Ghoste

Chargerrtforme

BB1

Delete my profile

jeryst

IMO, if you want to see the future of electric cars, watch this link...

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11323

Takes about a half hour, but will really open your eyes. This guy has it right. Its not about the car, its about the power, and the infrastructure.

(I apologize if it has been posted before).

mauve66

i love it when these guys keep say "we need to reduce our dependence on ARAB oil"........................... are you Canadians wearing towels on your heads nowadays????????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

You do open a door to some questionable and racist commentary about Canadian immigration but the oil is in Alberta and the comments would have to be directed more to Toronto.

mauve66

just wondering about the muslim population in canada thats responsible for our dependence on ARAB oil.........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

red72chrgr

One things for certain, no hybrid,electric, or other alternative fuel will give me what my Charger does. And that is the chill up my spine and the smile on my face when I turn the key and hear that V-8 roar to life. Until somebody comes up with something that will do that for me, I'll just keep my fossil fueled, smelly antiques.  :icon_smile_big:
Nothing personal, just business

mikesbbody

Quote from: red72chrgr on February 07, 2011, 06:05:45 PM
One things for certain, no hybrid,electric, or other alternative fuel will give me what my Charger does. And that is the chill up my spine and the smile on my face when I turn the key and hear that V-8 roar to life. Until somebody comes up with something that will do that for me, I'll just keep my fossil fueled, smelly antiques.  :icon_smile_big:

:2thumbs: X2

jeryst

One things for certain, no hybrid,electric, or other alternative fuel will give me what my Charger does. And that is the chill up my spine and the smile on my face when I turn the key and hear that V-8 roar to life. Until somebody comes up with something that will do that for me, I'll just keep my fossil fueled, smelly antiques.  :icon_smile_big:

Well, electrics will out-perform gas fueled vehicles in acceleration, and you can now get a little device that plugs into your cigaratte lighter and transmits the sound of a car engine through your stereo system. You can make your car sound like a V8, or V12, and it is synchronized with your engine RPMs. They just need to make it work on an electric.

So I guess your time has come - lol

elacruze

Your Electric Car;

Your Charger;
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

red72chrgr

Quote from: jeryst on February 09, 2011, 02:39:00 AM
One things for certain, no hybrid,electric, or other alternative fuel will give me what my Charger does. And that is the chill up my spine and the smile on my face when I turn the key and hear that V-8 roar to life. Until somebody comes up with something that will do that for me, I'll just keep my fossil fueled, smelly antiques.  :icon_smile_big:

Well, electrics will out-perform gas fueled vehicles in acceleration, and you can now get a little device that plugs into your cigaratte lighter and transmits the sound of a car engine through your stereo system. You can make your car sound like a V8, or V12, and it is synchronized with your engine RPMs. They just need to make it work on an electric.

I'm surprised with the car in your avatar that you don't understand where I'm coming from. The feeling I get is akin to a 16 year old's 1st time with a girl IF you remember that. ;) Besides, I'm not impressed with gizmos that try to mimic the feel and sound of a nicely tuned V-8. Do you have one of those thingys that go vroom vroom for your car?  Laugh at me if it makes you feel good and gives you the feeling of accomplishment but I'll still drive what makes ME happy. And that's ALL I care about when it comes to cars and trucks. I refuse to follow the crowd always have and always will hence the reason I have an old Charger and not a Mustang or Camaro. There's nothing wrong with those cars, just too common place for me. I'm a dinosaur and I LIKE being a dinosaur. You young folks go ahead and change the world, generations before you have been trying for years. Good luck.
Nothing personal, just business

Troy

Quote from: red72chrgr on February 09, 2011, 04:31:16 PM
Laugh at me if it makes you feel good and gives you the feeling of accomplishment but I'll still drive what makes ME happy. And that's ALL I care about when it comes to cars and trucks.
And THAT is exactly why we have such a cool country - and also why government gets so frustrated when they can't convince people to buy whatever they think is best (which, inevitably, leads to having it forced upon us).

Electric cars do meet the needs of some drivers - and for those drivers they're a great idea. For many of the rest of us, electric cars aren't feasible. This is why farmers don't drive scooters, families with kids rarely prefer a 2 door car, Alaskans don't own a lot of convertible sports cars, and the vast majority of people don't have box trucks or cargo vans. Once you get past that, there has to be a certain desire to own any type of car (or no car at all) for most people. I, personally, won't own a car that doesn't appeal to me in some way (looks, performance, dependability, utility, etc.). Drive what is best for you - but don't try to convince everyone else to follow because their situation may be totally different.

Would I drive a Tesla roadster? Heck yeah! If I could actually afford it. I'm a single male with garage space to spare and it has the range to cover my driving needs. Plus it looks cool and has the performance to back it up! Prius, Volt, or Leaf? Not interested. If I lived downtown or very close I may have a different viewpoint.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

I'm surprised with the car in your avatar that you don't understand where I'm coming from. The feeling I get is akin to a 16 year old's 1st time with a girl IF you remember that. ;) Besides, I'm not impressed with gizmos that try to mimic the feel and sound of a nicely tuned V-8. Do you have one of those thingys that go vroom vroom for your car?  Laugh at me if it makes you feel good and gives you the feeling of accomplishment but I'll still drive what makes ME happy. And that's ALL I care about when it comes to cars and trucks. I refuse to follow the crowd always have and always will hence the reason I have an old Charger and not a Mustang or Camaro. There's nothing wrong with those cars, just too common place for me. I'm a dinosaur and I LIKE being a dinosaur. You young folks go ahead and change the world, generations before you have been trying for years. Good luck.

Oh come on, you didnt get laid when you were 16..  :icon_bs: :wave: :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1969chargerrtse

If the young folks many years back didn't try to change the way people got around, you'd have a horse in your Avatar.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before (or cares) but the Chevy Volt got a good review in the Feb Issue of Auto Enthusiast
Magazine.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikesbbody on February 09, 2011, 08:48:36 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before (or cares) but the Chevy Volt got a good review in the Feb Issue of Auto Enthusiast
Magazine.
Yeah thanks, it usually does.  but no matter what magazine I say did a good write up, it means nothing.  God forbid it ever has one tiny issue or recall, lord help us it will be torn apart inside and out.