News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Glad to hear your enjoying your new toys.  Don't wear them out though. Of course, that's coming from someone whose done 1600 posts in 6 weeks.  You have to make them last because it might be a couple more years before Volt production seizes so we can have new computer stuff. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Wow.  Now there's a person that needs to start drinking decafe.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

JB400

Here is a fine example of how an American auto company can build a very nice and competitive hybrid to compete with the Prius, but without help from the gov.

http://www.ford.com/cars/cmax/features/

Fred

...........and just when we thought this thread had been laid to rest.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 28, 2012, 02:21:22 AM
Sorry, I don't think there is a hybrid out there that deserves it's own thread.  Maybe the Porshe race car, maybe

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 28, 2012, 02:31:06 AM
Sorry, I don't think there is a hybrid out there that deserves it's own thread.  Maybe the Porshe race car, maybe
It's not a hybrid.  Please call it by it's correct name. "extended-range EV"
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The late great Waylon Jennings could have sung a song about this - Don't you think this thread bit's done got out of hand  :musik010:

1969chargerrtse

Not if people are on it?  :shruggy: I started it, and when members comment on it I have the right to comment back if the information is incorrect etc.....   It's done only when it's done. Just imagine if the car was poorly built or had many recalls like all the other cars out there?  Then this thread would go on and on.  So here's a American made car that gets excellent driver reviews and 99 mpg, created way before anyone knew what an Obama was, and it just gets negative comments from a few that ( get ready for this ). Just can't let the thread die. 

Ghoste

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 28, 2012, 07:35:50 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 28, 2012, 02:31:06 AM
It's not a hybrid.  Please call it by it's correct name. "extended-range EV"
Sorry, I'm not a politically correct person.  I still say "Merry Christmas" and this and the CMAX are hybrids.  If you want to be politically correct, go to DC. Then, maybe you can get you one of those gov. hybrids

1969chargerrtse

And here are those two guys I was thinking about.  :coocoo:

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on October 29, 2012, 03:53:01 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 28, 2012, 05:26:45 PM
And here are those two guys I was thinking about.  :coocoo:

You aren't making any sense.
That statement again?  That makes no sense?

JB400

Seems like someone put the cd player on repeat.  I don't know why I'm being singled out for expressing my own opinion.  The only reason I posted again, was to show how a domestic car manufacturer can produce a "hybrid" that is affordable and competes with the Prius head to head without the government shoving it in our faces.  I'm not sure, but the same subsidies that the gov. offers for the Volt should apply to the C Max as well to make it even cheaper.  Am I going to buy one soon, no.  Will I ever, never know.  But, for those in the market, here is another option besides that thing that Gov. Motors produces.  I'm just an informant, not the salesman :2thumbs:

Ghoste

1969chargerrtse

Looks like another great month for the Chevy Volt.  Even the Nissan leaf did well.  The more of these cars out there, the more gas left over for the Muscle car guys.
20,000 Volts roaming the earth.  Cool.  Good job America.  :patriot:
Volt Sales Set Record in October 2012, Nissan LEAF Also Rises
By Eric Loveday ยท November 01, 2012

Sales of the Chevy Volt remain at high levels, with General Motors reporting it sold 2,961 units in October 2012. That's more than 100 units above the 2,851 Volts sold in September 2012. Volt sales have been relatively high most of the year with GM selling 2,831 units in August; 1,849 units in July; and 1,760 units in June. A year ago, in October 2011, General Motors sold only 1,108 Chevy Volts.

Nissan reported that sales of its electric LEAF checked in at 1,579 units, a substantial increase over the 984 units sold in September and well above the 685 sales Nissan reported for August. That 1,579-unit mark represents an 86 percent improvement over the 849 LEAFs sold in October 2011.

In terms of 2012 year-to-date numbers, the tally for the Nissan LEAF now checks in at 6,791 units. Meanwhile, the 2012 YTD results for the Chevy Volt ring in at 19,309 units. Last year at this exact time, General Motors' year-to-date Volt sales stood at 5,003 units and Nissan's mark for the LEAF was 8,066 units.

1969chargerrtse

Wow, an electric car makes Motor Trends car of the year.  1st time ever all 11 judges agreed.  
Sharp looking car.  Hybrids and electrics are really becoming apart of now instead of the future.  For the few that said electrics will never be a part of the future, you may want to rethink?

Motor Trend: Tesla Model S Car of the Year

The Tesla Model S is the 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year. The luxury 5-door electric sedan fought off 10 other finalists for the Golden Calipers trophy, acing the magazine's six judging criteria in the process. Eleven judges reviewed the contenders, including three guests, and for the first time in the award's history all 11 voted unanimously for the winner. Each car was evaluated on advancement in design, engineering excellence, efficiency, and safety and value.

mauve66

things have come a long way from 1969

a cheap car for the masses to enjoy and carry the family that people would gladly buy on their own
to
an over-priced rich persons toy, 77K, and the government will gladly give you money back for buying one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Trend_Car_of_the_Year
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mauve66 on November 12, 2012, 07:53:53 PM
things have come a long way from 1969

a cheap car for the masses to enjoy and carry the family that people would gladly buy on their own
to
an over-priced rich persons toy, 77K, and the government will gladly give you money back for buying one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Trend_Car_of_the_Year

Prices always come down.  The little sports car was 100k, now the larger sedan is 77k. Someone has to pay for start up. It ain't cheap.

And they are fast.  Keep in mind you're talking new technology and these cars are already this quick.

" For the 313 miles of road loops during the COTY evaluation, where the car was driven at normal speeds by all the judges with the air-conditioning running, it averaged 74.5 mpg-e. Impressive numbers, especially considering the 4766-pound Tesla Model S Signature Performance version will nail 60 mph in 4.0 seconds and the quarter in 12.4 seconds at 112.5 mph, with a top speed of 133 mph. "

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/2013-motor-trend-car-of-the-year-contender-tesla-model-s-287917.html#ixzz2C6Ovhz22

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 13, 2012, 12:03:14 PM
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/kepler-hybrid-supercar-does-0-60-mph-in-2-5-secs--video-.html

If we're going to talk hybrids.  I like this one :2thumbs:

Hybrid supercar does 60 MPH in 2.5 seconds

That is so cool.  I always said electric cars will be stupid fast.  It's like taking the speed of a chop saw and putting it to wheels.  

1969chargerrtse

For the worry warts that asked silly questions like " what will they do with all the used up batteries? ".  Here's one of many ways.   

http://inhabitat.com/general-motors-repurposes-expired-chevy-volt-batteries-to-power-homes/

mauve66

so the battery only uses 30% of its life for a car but is still available for hours of use in 3-5 houses or a small commercial building?? 
i haven't had a power outage in the past 15 years
don't want one of those things sitting next to the sidewalk in my neighborhood every 3-5 houses
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Steve P.

Well Vegas may not be a place where they would use them either. Here in Florida we have big weather issues and would LOVE to have backup. Something tells me that the Northern East Coast right now would love to have them also. Hell, we lost power yesterday for more than 1/2 hour and it was a beautiful day!!  :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida