News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Looks like the volt is a hot seller all of a sudden in Cali  :drool5: prices have increased

Ghoste

So when you whine about the mileage in the Charger you loved so much you got rid of it and openly wonder how it is that people on here aren't all excited about the mileage of the Volt and I reply that I don't own my Charger for mileage, somehow I'M the one who is wrong?  Face it, this entire Volt thing is a big troll trip for you.  You don't even own one of the stupid things, you don't even own a Charger anymore.  As far as I can tell, the mileage in your Charger was one of the things you hated about it.  Great.  You're certainly entitled to your opinion and you got rid of that gas guzzling Charger and I'm sure the new owner appreciates it for what it is.  But if you aren't willing to really put your money where your mouth is and buy one of these stupid little ultra mileage turds that you go on and on and on and on and on about how fantastic it is, then you are a hypocrite.  You berate us about the future of America but you aren't willing to invest your own hard earned dollars.  Some of us actually enjoy our 8 mpg Chargers and don't feel the need to buy a government sanctioned vehicle that holds no interest to us nor do we feel a need to pretend otherwise.  You are nothing but a phony.  You troll us to buy something you clearly aren't going to do yourself and you do it on site dedicated to the enjoyment of a vehicle you don't own and never really appreciated in my opinion.(how's that for a harsh opinion that differs from your own?)  I have tried to debate much of your Volt propaganda crap with facts but apparently I am always wrong.  Well sir, my being wrong has in no way ever meant that you were right.
Have fun in your other GM car and when you get tired of it maybe you will be able to sell it at the profit you were so sorely denied in the sale of your Charger.  I hope you invest that profit in the future of America and if the Volt is no longer available maybe the government will have some other unproven poorly selling wondercar that they are subsidizing for you.  I hope whatever it is, it will bring you the true mileage happiness you deserve.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on October 06, 2012, 04:50:03 PM
So when you whine about the mileage in the Charger you loved so much you got rid of it and openly wonder how it is that people on here aren't all excited about the mileage of the Volt and I reply that I don't own my Charger for mileage, somehow I'M the one who is wrong?  Face it, this entire Volt thing is a big troll trip for you.  You don't even own one of the stupid things, you don't even own a Charger anymore.  As far as I can tell, the mileage in your Charger was one of the things you hated about it.  Great.  You're certainly entitled to your opinion and you got rid of that gas guzzling Charger and I'm sure the new owner appreciates it for what it is.  But if you aren't willing to really put your money where your mouth is and buy one of these stupid little ultra mileage turds that you go on and on and on and on and on about how fantastic it is, then you are a hypocrite.  You berate us about the future of America but you aren't willing to invest your own hard earned dollars.  Some of us actually enjoy our 8 mpg Chargers and don't feel the need to buy a government sanctioned vehicle that holds no interest to us nor do we feel a need to pretend otherwise.  You are nothing but a phony.  You troll us to buy something you clearly aren't going to do yourself and you do it on site dedicated to the enjoyment of a vehicle you don't own and never really appreciated in my opinion.(how's that for a harsh opinion that differs from your own?)  I have tried to debate much of your Volt propaganda crap with facts but apparently I am always wrong.  Well sir, my being wrong has in no way ever meant that you were right.
Have fun in your other GM car and when you get tired of it maybe you will be able to sell it at the profit you were so sorely denied in the sale of your Charger.  I hope you invest that profit in the future of America and if the Volt is no longer available maybe the government will have some other unproven poorly selling wondercar that they are subsidizing for you.  I hope whatever it is, it will bring you the true mileage happiness you deserve.
You are so far out there with your opinions and thoughts, I'm not going to even respond to what you have to say.  You actually sound like a crazy man.  Way off base on all accounts.  :down:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 06, 2012, 07:02:23 AM
Looks like the volt is a hot seller all of a sudden in Cali  :drool5: prices have increased
If you don't listen to the crazy man and other negative souls, the Volt is a great car by all road test and sales are not only good for such a new expensive technology but growing and growing. Then that platform will be used in more future cars like the awesome looking ELR.  :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

And if you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is and and support this great American achievement the same way you keep telling us we should, then you are a hypocrite.  Don't listen to the hypocrite folks, if this car was really that great he would own one too.

Ghoste

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 03, 2012, 06:32:15 PMAs always I disagree with all your points, and I've been correct from day one.  It's here, you said it couldn't happen.  New owners are growing and growing, you said it wouldn't sell?

As always?  You need to re-read your own thread pal, there are plenty of my posts in here that you agree with.  But as to a couple of your other fantasies, first, show me where I said it couldn't happen.  Secondly, and as to its sales, I still say its a failure in the sales race and once the subsidies end the free market will prove me right. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on October 06, 2012, 06:07:21 PM
And if you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is and and support this great American achievement the same way you keep telling us we should, then you are a hypocrite.  Don't listen to the hypocrite folks, if this car was really that great he would own one too.
See, that's my point right there.  About you making no sense.  I have 3 family cars and my TA as a hobby car.  I cannot afford a Volt at this time, and my hobby car has nothing to do with a 4 door sedan in comparison.  Need I actually have to justify why I don't own one?   :coocoo:  And not being able to own one, due to finances does not make me a hyporite, but it does make you not have any valid point.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on October 06, 2012, 07:01:31 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 03, 2012, 06:32:15 PMAs always I disagree with all your points, and I've been correct from day one.  It's here, you said it couldn't happen.  New owners are growing and growing, you said it wouldn't sell?

As always?  You need to re-read your own thread pal, there are plenty of my posts in here that you agree with.  But as to a couple of your other fantasies, first, show me where I said it couldn't happen.  Secondly, and as to its sales, I still say its a failure in the sales race and once the subsidies end the free market will prove me right.  
Ah, then we shall see.  Bring it on.  And if by small rare chance you are correct ( which you haven't been yet ) then, O.K.

JB400

This thread has lasted longer than the batteries do on the car in question.  Who's going to be the one that pulls the plug?  Or does this thread have an Energizer bunny battery in it? :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 06, 2012, 08:56:05 PM
This thread has lasted longer than the batteries do on the car in question.  Who's going to be the one that pulls the plug?  Or does this thread have an Energizer bunny battery in it? :shruggy:
Why do people think a thread needs to be locked because it's controversial?

" Its pretty amazing to hear GM's final decision on the Chevrolet Volt's battery warranty.  Eight years or 100,000 miles.

We have known for a long time that GM was aiming towards ten years/100,000 miles as a goalpost, though using that figure specifically as a warranty was never confirmed.

This warranty is being described as the longest-lasting GM offers on any of its products, illustrating the very high level of confidence the company has in its extensively engineered and managed lithium-ion battery pack.  It exceeds by three years the warranty GM offers on its powertrains.

The warranty coverage includes all 161 components of the Volt's battery, its charging system, thermal-management system and components of its electric drive, and it is transferable to other vehicle owners. GM confirmed that the 400 pound pack houses 288 cells in nine modules "

I'm sure some of you thought they used old lead acid batteries.  :lol:

JB400

Enjoy your Uncle Sams' car that you don't own, I'll enjoy my Charger. :2thumbs:

I think all points have been made that can be made for and against the car.  As far as I know of, no one's opinions have changed.  Isn't everyone just blowing in the wind now?  Whatever you do, don't piss into the wind. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 06, 2012, 09:07:19 PM

I think all points have been made that can be made for and against the car.  As far as I know of, no one's opinions have changed.  Isn't everyone just blowing in the wind now?  Whatever you do, don't piss into the wind. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs:  Agree 100%. Except I enjoyed my Trans Am Ram Air convertible with the LS1 vette engine in it today with the top down getting 20mpg.  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Here's why the Volt was made.  I said this from day one.  It has nothing to do with " The Goverment "  Oooohhhhh.

"Gas prices hit a new record in California on Saturday: an all-time average high of $4.6140 per gallon."

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 06, 2012, 09:09:05 PM

I think all points have been made that can be made for and against the car.  As far as I know of, no one's opinions have changed.  Isn't everyone just blowing in the wind now?  Whatever you do, don't piss into the wind. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs:  Agree 100%.

Here's why the Volt was made.  I said this from day one.  It has nothing to do with " The Goverment "  Oooohhhhh.

"Gas prices hit a new record in California on Saturday: an all-time average high of $4.6140 per gallon."

Ok, now your pissing in the wind :nana: :nana: :nana: :D

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 06, 2012, 09:10:31 PM

:2thumbs:  Agree 100%.

Ok, now your pissing in the wind :nana: :nana: :nana: :D
Why?  It was thought of when gas was 5.00 a gallon.  No other reason?  There was no Obama when it was first drawn up. Why can't I post the truth against the false?

Oh, sorry.  Didn't see the happy faces.  :icon_smile_big:  O.K I'm done.  Have a great weekend.

Let's do a 100 pages!!   :thumbs:

Ghoste

Three family cars plus a toy and none of them are a Volt.  Hmm, but we are the ones who make no sense?   You rattle on endlessly about how great it is and anyone who doesn't agree with you makes no sense.  I don't understand how you can think so highly of something you aren't prepared to drive yourself.  To me, you are the one who makes no sense.  You feel so strongly about it that for us to not support it is somehow unpatriotic but when you sold the Charger you bought another toy.  If it isn't being a hypocrite then I think you are trolling.  I don't believe you are anywhere nearly as convinced of how fantastic this car is as you pretend. 

JB400

$1,000,000 question.  For someone that seems to adore this car, or amore this car, why haven't you traded off or sold your vehicles so you can go buy this car?  Obviously to you, it seems to be such a great car,  there's no excuse for you not to have one.

Don't ask me to pay up, but it seems to be on everyones' mind.

NHCharger

:2thumbs:  Agree 100%. Except I enjoyed my Trans Am Ram Air convertible with the LS1 vette engine in it today with the top down getting 20mpg.  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

I agree with Stroker. After 30+ pages no one's opinion has changed. You continue go on and on and on about the virtues of the Volt despite that fact that you can not afford one, even with the generous discounts that GM offers. This is a site dedicated to antique Dodge Chargers. I think it would have been obvious to you about 20+ pages ago that no one is really that interested in how the volt does (except you). And now your telling us how much you enjoyed your new GM ride today. Big Fucking Deal. I had a 97 F/B, loaded with t-tops. Sold it after three years. Why you ask. I found it to be a boring car and not nearly as cool as my Chargers. I'm sure you will disagree with me (100%).
BTW. Me and BakerHillPins had a great time today in our DODGE CHARGERS getting 10mpg :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:. We went to a car show. Both of us live on dirt roads and drove over on wet roads. By the time we got there both Chargers were dirty. We didn't bother cleaning the cars, just hung out watching all the GM and ford owners spend two hours cleaning the cars. At 1 PM we did a car parade down through the fair grounds. I had two T/A's in front of me and Bryan in his 69 behind me. The ratio of spectators taking pics of the Chargers versus the T/A's was about 10:1. The cool factor of the Charger versus the F/B is no comparison (I'm sure you will disagree 100%). 
At this point Rob I really don't know why you are still a member here. All you do now is extol the virtue's of GM products on a Dodge board. Doesn't make any sense to me. But then again i've had a couple of beers  :cheers: :cheers: and think it's time for another  :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Indygenerallee

QuoteThe warranty coverage includes all 161 components of the Volt's battery, its charging system, thermal-management system and components of its electric drive, and it is transferable to other vehicle owners. GM confirmed that the 400 pound pack houses 288 cells in nine modules "
That is all fine and dandy but the more complex the system the more inherent problems will crop up. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) Those batteries are going to be cost prohibitive to replace! Sure they might have a 100,000 mile warranty but shit I go to auto auctions every week to buy cars for our car lot and most 2007-2008 models are well over 100,000! I have a feeling in just a short few years these Volt's will be HUGE money pits that people trade in and they sit for a even larger loss! Volt = EPIC FAIL
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1969chargerrtse

You guys are to funny.   :smilielol:  So because I think any car that gets an epa of about 100 mpg is great when gas is close to 5 bucks a gallon. I should sell my wifes SUV and my old Transport mini van and my hobby  car to buy that car?  Ha yeah ok.  And who doesn't make sense?  Thanks for the laugh. :hah:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 07, 2012, 12:54:45 AM
QuoteThe warranty coverage includes all 161 components of the Volt's battery, its charging system, thermal-management system and components of its electric drive, and it is transferable to other vehicle owners. GM confirmed that the 400 pound pack houses 288 cells in nine modules "
That is all fine and dandy but the more complex the system the more inherent problems will crop up. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) Those batteries are going to be cost prohibitive to replace! Sure they might have a 100,000 mile warranty but shit I go to auto auctions every week to buy cars for our car lot and most 2007-2008 models are well over 100,000! I have a feeling in just a short few years these Volt's will be HUGE money pits that people trade in and they sit for a even larger loss! Volt = EPIC FAIL
Yeah ok. Like when the Honda insight came out in the 90's. Oh all the problems. And what about all the batteries? What will we do with them? It'll never work. Then the high selling Prius came out and again the negative ones said a car like that, that is selling at a lost wont catch on.  I think its fair to say the hybrids are selling just fine now.
Your worries remind me of when power windows and other options first came out and all the people that didn't have those options complained, yeah well you'll just have more problems.
If there's an issue with anything under warranty, it'll be corrected. That's keeping it simple.

1969chargerrtse

JB400

If you ain't going to give up your gas gargling suv and your gas gulping toy to buy a gas sipping Volt, then we don't need updates on this thing.

It just hit me like a ton o bricks.  You don't actually like this car.  You just like to listen (read) to people piss and moan about the darn thing, don't you.

Ghoste

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 07, 2012, 05:26:24 AM
You guys are to funny.   :smilielol:  So because I think any car that gets an epa of about 100 mpg is great when gas is close to 5 bucks a gallon. I should sell my wifes SUV and my old Transport mini van and my hobby  car to buy that car?  Ha yeah ok.  And who doesn't make sense?  Thanks for the laugh. :hah:

You, thats who.  You don't make any sense at all.

TheGhost

I agree.  Put your money where your mouth is, and buy the damn car, or shut the hell up about it. :rotz:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.