News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Actually let me change that to taxation WITHOUT representation.  THAT was the part that really got them.

JB400

If this thread ain't going to last much longer, maybe the Volt won't last long either. :smilielol:  Now that I think about it, I wonder what the Europeans think about this car?  It don't have much fanfare here, but they have higher fuel prices over there.
It's hard not to bring politics in on this car considering the circumstances.  I wonder how much opposition the Beetle got when it was introduced?  Not everyone in Germany was a Nazi.

1969chargerrtse

Dino except for insulting my wonderful thread.  Your  comments fit this thread dead on.

" Life is a bit more complicated than this, people just like to bitch about everything under the sun.Seriously, you guys should not be discussing these things as you do because none of you are talking facts.  Just speculation, wishful thinking and a lot of bs."

Some people here have  way to much free time.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2012, 12:09:15 PM
Actually let me change that to taxation WITHOUT representation.  THAT was the part that really got them.

You are absolutely correct.  But those times are long gone.  People need to look at the big picture and know a bit of their history.  It really puts things in perspective.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 27, 2012, 12:33:01 PM
Dino except for insulting my wonderful thread.  Your  comments fit this thread dead on.

" Life is a bit more complicated than this, people just like to bitch about everything under the sun.Seriously, you guys should not be discussing these things as you do because none of you are talking facts.  Just speculation, wishful thinking and a lot of bs."

LOL, sorry for insulting your thread Rob, nothing personal, it's just not going anywhere.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Indygenerallee

Last thing we need is more taxes... Roads will get built but not when there are 5 work crews milking a job that could be done in 3 months instead of one year or more!!! I know how the system works... Too many people are blind to the fact or just denies the problem exists that's why this country is in the shape it is!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

All raising taxes does is put more money in the pocket books of politicans and their goonies. :flame: :icon_smile_angry:  

I'm sorry if you feel insulted.  Personally, I'm just insulting the car.  And yes, I have a lot of free time because my job has a lot of down time.  Unfortunately, it rained this morning so I can't go fishing.  Rained quite abit lately, making up for July and August I guess.

Now tell me,  why does this car need 3 different shades of white?  Are they going Martha Stewart on this thing or what?

Here's your color palette         black, blue topaz metallic, crystal red, cyber gray, silver ice, Viridian Joule=white,  white diamond, summit white.

Here's something odd, interior       jet black (cloth, leather), Light neutral leather =tan,  jet black/spice red, jet black/green,  jet black/ceramic white.

Who'd put green in a car these days, especially when you can't get it painted green?

Indygenerallee

For the women because any man caught driving one these Volt's would have to be pussywhipped in to getting the damn thing in the first place. :lol:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2012, 12:34:33 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 27, 2012, 12:33:01 PM

LOL, sorry for insulting your thread Rob, nothing personal, it's just not going anywhere.
Yeah its basically done for me. It started out as saying the Volt was due out soon, and so it was.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 27, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
For the women because any man caught driving one these Volt's would have to be pussywhipped in to getting the damn thing in the first place. :lol:

FCK YEAH!!!!!!

Then again Bill Gates drove a prius....(all for show though)

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 27, 2012, 02:11:56 PM
Does that mean your missus has her order in then? :shruggy:

Fred

Still, as long as we can afford to pay them (taxes), we're still heaps better off than the poor sods living in the 3rd world countries. How some of them manage to eke out an existence is beyond me. I consider myself extremely fortunate that I've had the opportunity to earn a decent living in this great country of ours (even if it is steadily going down the gurgler) over the years and am able to enjoy the little luxuries I worked hard for.

It is what it is and all the whinging in the world won't change it, not until our governments  wake up to the fact that contrary to their beliefs, money doesn't grow on trees and can better learn to manage what they so easily reap and not squander it so readily will there be any change for the better.

And I think that's called "wishfull thinking" on my part.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Oh, and it at least we still have some rights as human beings unlike a lot of other places I cound name..

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 27, 2012, 12:13:27 PM
Now that I think about it, I wonder what the Europeans think about this car?      

From what I understand, over 50% of the cars sold in Europe are diesel powered.  That tells you something right there.

1969chargerrtse

Not bad for a flop.
From The Christian science monitor.

" Chevy Volt outsells half of all US cars.
Chevy Volt sales figures this year are higher than roughly half of the 260 or so car models sold in the US."

JB400

A turd is still a turd no matter how much you polish it. :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

QuoteA turd is still a turd no matter how much you polish it.

Amen brother!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 29, 2012, 08:23:16 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 27, 2012, 12:13:27 PM
Now that I think about it, I wonder what the Europeans think about this car?     

From what I understand, over 50% of the cars sold in Europe are diesel powered.  That tells you something right there.

We have the EPA here to deal with and they think Diesels are killing us.

JB400

Fried food is going to kill us one way or another.   :lol:

Ghoste

JB400

Well, since the Volt is beloved, does anyone think Dodge ought to join the market with something like this?

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/2008_dodge_zeo/

Ghoste

`With batteries, no.  As a styling exercise or an experiment to appease the green lobby, maybe. :shruggy:

JB400

I'd lose the battery only function, and make it a hybrid about like Ford has done.  In my opinion, Ford has the best hybrid system.