News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I'm going to make a comparison. You are either going to agree with me, or I better change my physical location.  But doesn't this situation sort of remind you of something that happened 70+ years ago?  I think there was a guy that was all pro country, and pro people.  And to get his country out of depression, as part of his program, he promoted a car.  He called it The People's Car.  That car was the Volkswagon Beetle.  I'm going to be polite to the german people and the jews and not name names.   Has anybody caught this yet, besides me?

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 26, 2012, 10:41:00 PM
I'm going to make a comparison. You are either going to agree with me, or I better change my physical location.  But doesn't this situation sort of remind you of something that happened 70+ years ago?  I think there was a guy that was all pro country, and pro people.  And to get his country out of depression, as part of his program, he promoted a car.  He called it The People's Car.  That car was the Volkswagon Beetle.  I'm going to be polite to the german people and the jews and not name names.   Has anybody caught this yet, besides me?

He may have created the people's car but apparently he couldn't get tickets for this saturday's  grand final match. (that's Aussie rules football I'm talking about)..........

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Fred

JB400

Quote from: Fred on September 27, 2012, 12:33:30 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 27, 2012, 12:28:23 AM
Your video is blocked here in the US> :bawling:

Seriously?
Yes, it says:

This video contains content from geotv, Diwan Videos and International E-sports Group, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that

Fred

JB400

Damn copyright laws.  Must be Change you Can Believe in. :lol:  

How about telling us what's on it

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 27, 2012, 12:43:12 AM

I could but then I'd have to kill you!  :D  :nana:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on September 27, 2012, 12:49:46 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 27, 2012, 12:43:12 AM

I could but then I'd have to kill you!  :D  :nana:
I'll take my chances.     :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :lolexplode:

Ghoste

The Peoples Car turned out to be a huge success though didn't it?

NHCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2012, 05:11:22 AM
The Peoples Car turned out to be a huge success though didn't it?

Yes, because it was very affordable, easy to work on and reliable. Why did it disappear in the 80's? Was is because of government regs related to emmissions and safety/crash testing?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

But it came back and the company behind it have also become a bit of a powerhouse not to mention its sister Porsche.  Who knows, the Volt could go on to have that kind of storied history although personally I think it is more llikely to follow in the footsteps of some other great GM cars like the 350 diesel or the Cadillac 8-6-4.

JB400

The reason the Beetle became popular was because there was a market for it at the time.  That, and you get a bunch of them on a ship and send them to islands.  Puerto Rico loves their bugs.  I don't think there is much of a market for the Volt.  The Prius pretty much has this niche taken up. Considering the sticker price, politics, and our current infrastructure, I agree with ghoste, this car will probably be another sentence in a forgotten book. :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

America a free country!?  :lol: :smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol: :lol: The home of the taxed and the regulated to death.....
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 27, 2012, 10:18:53 AM
America a free country!?  :lol: :smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol: :lol: The home of the taxed and the regulated to death.....

Why is everyone so hung up on taxes in this country?  Been to Europe lately.  You have no idea how good you have it here.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2012, 10:58:07 AM

Why is everyone so hung up on taxes in this country?  Been to Europe lately.  You have no idea how good you have it here.
I think the point is to avoid being like Europe. It's very hard to reverse it - without sailing to a new continent and starting your own country of course!

As for the Volt, I saw my second one ever yesterday. Soon they'll be everywhere!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JB400

Europe is a model for us right now, unfortunately.   European models on the other hand,  :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: female of course.

Ghoste

I don't the US is modelling itself after Europe at all, the differences are enormous.

NHCharger

Quote from: Troy on September 27, 2012, 11:14:02 AM
Quote from: Dino on September 27, 2012, 10:58:07 AM

I think the point is to avoid being like Europe. It's very hard to reverse it - without sailing to a new continent and starting your own country of course!

As for the Volt, I saw my second one ever yesterday. Soon they'll be everywhere!

Troy

Dino- Yeah all those taxes are needed to pay for all the free healthcare and social programs. It seems to be getting harder and harder to convince Americans that money doesn't grow on trees.
Troy- "As for the Volt, I saw my second one ever yesterday. Soon they'll be everywhere!"  :rofl: :rofl: I didn't realize you were such a comedian
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 27, 2012, 11:27:01 AM
I don't the US is modelling itself after Europe at all, the differences are enormous.
Our soooooo beloved CiC has used it to model his own programs after.  Don't you have that new high speed train running through your neighborhood yet?  Funny considering we can't even get Amtrak to make money.  But, I agree, Europe is completely different from the US. 

I've only seen one Volt, and it's just a promotional vehicle.

Indygenerallee

QuoteWhy is everyone so hung up on taxes in this country?  Been to Europe lately.  You have no idea how good you have it here.
Nope have not been to Europe lately and to tell you the truth I don't care to visit. And last I checked our forefathers left that infernal place because they were being taxed to death and persecuted, You know what's sad I know how good I have it here but I know how much better it could be without all the taxes, regulations, EPA, bullshit that goes on.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 27, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
QuoteWhy is everyone so hung up on taxes in this country?  Been to Europe lately.  You have no idea how good you have it here.
Nope have not been to Europe lately and to tell you the truth I don't care to visit. And last I checked our forefathers left that infernal place because they were being taxed to death and persecuted, You know what's sad I know how good I have it here but I know how much better it could be without all the taxes, regulations, EPA, bullshit that goes on.
:iamwithstupid: :iagree:

Ghoste

I agree with all of that although having been to Europe a bunch I'll stand by the statement that it is vastly different than here.   I also agree with not going down that road as I'm no Obama fan.  But now that this thread is just politics and not the Volt of even the Volt and politics I imagine it wont be long until this one gets the big lockdown.

Dino

You do realize that without taxes we don't have roads or any of that good stuff right?  That infernal place btw was left because of religious oppression, not taxes.

If you don't like regulations then go live in Detroit.  Cops tend to avoid much of it.

Life is a bit more complicated than this, people just like to bitch about everything under the sun.

Seriously, you guys should not be discussing these things as you do because none of you are talking facts.  Just speculation, wishful thinking and a lot of bs.

Lock this pos thread already.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

It was left because of religion, but this became a separate country because of taxes.