News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I still maintain that its a failure, that hasnt changed.  You appear to be the only one who doesnt see that.

mauve66

how do you get sales records for a new product................... doesn't it take some kind of milestone to get past before you can set records......... of course they sell more now, they make more, the ads are seen more, more are seen on the streets, more are on the road

when my kid was 2 months old he sh** less than when he was 2 yrs old, does that mean he set a new record.............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 06:25:14 PM
I satill maintain that its a failure, that hasn't changed.  You appear to be the only one who doesn't see that.
If that was true, that would be fine with me.  But do the 13,000 new owners and the thousands involved in the original concept,design and production count?  Add all the new owners climbing on board and the new cars being designed and built off of that creative platform and I know you are incorrect.
I think stroker400 wedge is the closer to what some of the pros and cons are.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Obviously I am wrong.  Thats why they are giving a 10k discount to try and move some of them.

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 23, 2012, 07:23:29 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 06:25:14 PM
I satill maintain that its a failure, that hasn't changed.  You appear to be the only one who doesn't see that.
If that was true, that would be fine with me.  But do the 13,000 new owners and the thousands involved in the original concept,design and production count?  Add all the new owners climbing on board and the new cars being designed and built off of that creative platform and I know you are incorrect.
I think stroker400 wedge is the closer to what some of the pros and cons are.
Finally, some sunshine breaks through the clouds.

1969chargerrtse

The 10k discount is something up for vote. Its not something GM is doing to help sell car's. Its part of whole package involving future technologies by your government.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Still seems a bit much for a car thats setting sales records.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on September 24, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
Still seems a bit much for a car thats setting sales records.
Talk  to your president. Its his idea.

JB400

Let's wait till after November and then see if that discount package is still there.  Honestly, I doubt it.  I say once it goes, the Volt sales drop, and it becomes a government flop.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 05:51:39 PM
But golly, why would they have to lower the price?  After all its a huge sales succes with the total units sold skyrocketing each month and smashing the previous records by leaps and bounds.
Because the union contract won't let them shut down the production line unless they all get paid (plus paid for re-training).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 12:12:03 PM
Let's wait till after November and then see if that discount package is still there.  Honestly, I doubt it.  I say once it goes, the Volt sales drop, and it becomes a government flop.
That's the difference here. Some of you see it as a government car, I don't.  I see it as the car that was designed when gas was 5.00 a gallon in my state.  I see it as a cool idea to build an electric car but have a generator back up. 

JB400

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 24, 2012, 05:24:14 PM
That's the difference here. Some of you see it as a government car, I don't.  I see it as the car that was designed when gas was 5.00 a gallon in my state.  I see it as a cool idea to build an electric car but have a generator back up. 
Agreed. But the Volt has caused a reVolt due to government bailouts and a government sponsered program.  Nothing wrong with hybrids.  I was intrigued with the Porshe hvbrid in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.  But unfortunately, the Volt has become a scapegoat of government politics.  Like I said, it won't surprise me if sales drop after the election and the government backed buyers program becomes a sacrifical lamb if/when Congress passes an actual budget.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 24, 2012, 05:24:14 PM
Let's wait till after November and then see if that discount package is still there.  Honestly, I doubt it.  I say once it goes, the Volt sales drop, and it becomes a government flop.
That's the difference here. Some of you see it as a government car, I don't.  I see it as the car that was designed when gas was 5.00 a gallon in my state.  I see it as a cool idea to build an electric car but have a generator back up.  
Agreed. But the Volt has caused a reVolt due to government bailouts and a government sponsored program.  Nothing wrong with hybrids.  I was intrigued with the Porshe hybrid in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.  But unfortunately, the Volt has become a scapegoat of government politics.  Like I said, it won't surprise me if sales drop after the election and the government backed buyers program becomes a sacrificial lamb if/when Congress passes an actual budget.
Again I agree with most of what you're saying.  I would think the rebate being taken away would hurt a little, but where we all differ is I see constant movement in this generator backed up direction for now.  I still remember when the first Hybrids came out, they also were very expensive and slow sellers.  But today they are extremely popular and more affordable.  Prius trade ins are the number 1 trade in vehicle for the Volt.  I think the Volt will slowly grow and as more of the Volts platform fit under other body styles, the prices will drop and the sales will increase.   :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

There's a lot of negative stuff out there about the Volt, but here is some of the positive stuff.

"The Volt is now the top-selling electric car in the U.S. — 7,400 ahead of the Prius Plug-in. Nissan's Leaf is a distant third, and analysts say Volt sales could reach 20,000 this year.

Spikes in gas prices also have helped sales, especially when incentives rise at the same time. The national average price of gasoline rose at least 24 cents a gallon in March and August. Those were the Volt's two best sales months."

Nothing wrong with good ole American pride.  I'm proud.   :patriot:

JB400

Anything you trade a Prius in for is an improvement. :icon_smile_big:  As far as the Volt being a success, I doubt it.  Especially in this political atmosphere.  I will agree with you that the technology will move on in other GM products.  It is there, that it will become a success. Time will tell.  We'll just have to wait and see. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 24, 2012, 06:01:55 PM
Anything you trade a Prius in for is an improvement. :icon_smile_big:  As far as the Volt being a success, I doubt it.  Especially in this political atmosphere.  I will agree with you that the technology will move on in other GM products.  It is there, that it will become a success. Time will tell.  We'll just have to wait and see. :2thumbs:
Yep, it's all good.  It's like NASA.  Things come from all the research that benefit us in the long run. 

chargerboy69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 24, 2012, 05:56:53 PM

Nothing wrong with good ole American pride.  I'm proud.   :patriot:

And who wouldn't be proud.  ::)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/10/us-generalmotors-autos-volt-idUSBRE88904J20120910

"Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds"
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

Not to worry, the government is going to use your money to pay you to buy it.

JB400

Why don't they just pay me my money back, and they can keep the car. :shruggy:
It'd help me out on my Charger. :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Because your Charger is a planet destroyer and if they do that they won't be able to get the green lobby to endorse them for another term.

1969chargerrtse

Politics Politics politics. You keep talking about the politics and I'll keep talking about the car.

Ghoste

chargerboy69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 24, 2012, 07:54:38 PM
Politics Politics politics. You keep talking about the politics and I'll keep talking about the car.

Maybe because politicians had their hands in designing the car, financing the car, overseeing the building of the car, and marketing the car. The car is a government car.

It seems all of us, except you sees this. I am not saying your wrong. . . . no. . thats what I am saying.   :nana:  :icon_smile_big:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 24, 2012, 08:08:31 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 24, 2012, 07:54:38 PM

Maybe because politicians had their hands in designing the car, financing the car, overseeing the building of the car, and marketing the car. The car is a government car.

It seems all of us, except you sees this. I am not saying your wrong. . . . no. . thats what I am saying.   :nana:  :icon_smile_big:
Sounds like that's what he's saying too me.   :icon_smile_big:

I have nothing against the car.  I have never drove it, owned one, or know anyone that owns one.  But, I'm no chevy guy.  I'm no Obama supporter either.  I don't like the thought of adding 30-40% to my electric bill a month either just to go 35 miles a day.  $50,000 price tag doesn't look to appealing as well.  4 foul balls in my book. :sorry: :smash:

Fred

Gas is cheaper than electricity.................I know what I'm running my cars on.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.