News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 10, 2012, 09:34:22 PM
The volt is a great car someone claimed they modifified it to run quarters in 9 secs.... :2thumbs:

I think it's on Youtube, It has a 68 Hemi Charger chained to the front of it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

The volt is a great car someone claimed they modifified it to run quarters in 9 secs.... :2thumbs:

With enough money anything can be "modified" to run 9 sec 1/4 mile. You know they race lawn tractors....
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on August 28, 2012, 07:14:07 PM
I'm sure he'll turn up anytime to tell us what a huge success the low sales are.
OMG!!!   I just noticed this Volt thread I started!  Can't believe I missed the last two pages. Thanks Ghoste, and here is another amazing Volt sales update about the car most of you said would never happen.
" NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Chevrolet Volt's August sales are expected to set a monthly record for the General Motors plug-in hybrid.
GM spokesman Jim Cain said the company expects the Volt's August sales to top 2,500, the best month by far since its December 2010 launch. That would mark a 35% increase over July sales and more than a 700% jump from year ago results. "

"In terms of 2012 year-to-date numbers, the tally for the Nissan LEAF now checks in at 4,228 units. Meanwhile, the 2012 YTD results for the Chevy Volt ring in at 13,497 units. Last year at this exact time, General Motors' year-to-date Volt sales stood at 3,172 units and Nissan's mark for the LEAF was 6,168 units."

Not bad Chevy!  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 14, 2012, 06:37:59 PM

With enough money anything can be "modified" to run 9 sec 1/4 mile. You know they race lawn tractors....
It was said before the first one rolled off the line. "Wait until someone takes that battery pack made for 40 miles and converts all that power into the 1/4 mile."
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Setting records against its own dismal sales stats aren't exactly something to brag about.  Especially if you remove the fleet sales and just tally it by individual buyers.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on September 19, 2012, 03:07:24 PM
Setting records against its own dismal sales stats aren't exactly something to brag about.  Especially if you remove the fleet sales and just tally it by individual buyers.
When it first rolled out and sold in the hundreds you guys laughed and laughed. Now it's 13,000 and growing.  You can disagree all you want. It is out there, many said it couldn't happen.  Sales are growing in the thousands.  You need to just deal with the fact you are just out of touch with what direction the future of the automobile is going. Man up.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 14, 2012, 01:11:41 PM
I favor alternative fuel more than I do alternative powerplant.  Alternative fuel may not have the range, but it is cheaper to convert to it than it is to switch poweplants.

I guess it's fair to say that the Volt a coal-powered car.

Ghoste

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 19, 2012, 03:12:41 PM
When it first rolled out and sold in the hundreds you guys laughed and laughed. Now it's 13,000 and growing.  You can disagree all you want. It is out there, many said it couldn't happen.  Sales are growing in the thousands.  You need to just deal with the fact you are just out of touch with what direction the future of the automobile is going. Man up.

You are so right.  With mind blowing success like that GM should be able to buy themselves back from the feds in about a hundred years. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on September 19, 2012, 03:45:31 PM
Setting records against its own dismal sales stats aren't exactly something to brag about.  Especially if you remove the fleet sales and just tally it by individual buyers.
When it first rolled out and sold in the hundreds you guys laughed and laughed. Now it's 13,000 and growing.  You can disagree all you want. It is out there, many said it couldn't happen.  Sales are growing in the thousands.  You need to just deal with the fact you are just out of touch with what direction the future of the automobile is going. Man up.

You are so right.  With mind blowing success like that GM should be able to buy themselves back from the feds in about a hundred years.  
I've always liked and respected your opinion. I thought I was gonna click on this page and see a long long response ( in our words, piss you off ).   Ha.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 19, 2012, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 14, 2012, 01:11:41 PM
I favor alternative fuel more than I do alternative powerplant. Alternative fuel may not have the range, but it is cheaper to convert to it than it is to switch poweplants.

I guess it's fair to say that the Volt a coal-powered car.
Yeah good point, until you run down the battery and the gas generator kicks in.   I still think the electric cars will morph into Hydrogen cars. As I said before, remove the battery cell, drop in Hydrogen cell.
I burn coal for my home heat.

Charger4404spd

When all these Volt owners have to dish out a few grand for a new battery before the last payment is made I think sales will drop drastically. :popcrn:

Daytona R/T SE

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here... But I think I read somewhere in the last week or so that the federal government just bought a bunch of these Volts... Something like 3000 of them?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 19, 2012, 06:33:53 PM
When all these Volt owners have to dish out a few grand for a new battery before the last payment is made I think sales will drop drastically. :popcrn:
You mean the batteries that are covered to 100,000 miles?  Yeah that's gonna be a big issue.  As big as the same issue was brought up about all the Hybrids built by Toyota and Honda.  Seems no ones having an issue?  I met a guy with a 1990 Honda Insight, still running on original batteries.  You guys really need to do more homework, rather than just keep trying to find fault somewhere.  Just grow with the times please.  I think those 40 year old cars are keeping you stuck in the 60's?

Ghoste

Charger4404spd

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 19, 2012, 06:52:26 PM
I think those 40 year old cars are keeping you stuck in the 60's?

But thats where I wanna be  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Just grow with the times please.  I think those 40 year old cars are keeping you stuck in the 60's?

Um, yeah...That's kinda the point.  Maybe that's why you took a loss on 1969 Charger, instead of taking one on a new Hybrid. Sticking with the 60's cause ,well, the cars sure are cooler.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 19, 2012, 06:56:04 PM
I think those 40 year old cars are keeping you stuck in the 60's?

But thats where I wanna be  :icon_smile_big:

Those were the days.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1969chargerrtse

Seriously. Great responses guys.  :2thumbs:  Except for the one about taking a lost during these hard times. That was dumb.  :down:

69rtse4spd

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 14, 2012, 06:37:59 PM

Look up rottertiller racing.  :2thumbs:.

Ghoste

69rtse4spd

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 10, 2012, 08:46:47 AM
More good news about the total failure that is the Chevy Volt.  If this was any other car it would have never been put into production let alone being allowed to continue.  Another example of government interjecting themselves into business and it working out so well.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/10/us-generalmotors-autos-volt-idUSBRE88904J20120910

"Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds"

They are still building them because the Goverment says so, ask me sometime Tim, & I will tell you about are project.

69rtse4spd

Ghoste

Mini skirt bowling I totally get but rototillers...  :-\ :lol: