News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Get ready, Chevy Volt due this November. Update!!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, February 15, 2010, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Looks like the volt will soon be superceded with this new technology...............

Monday, October 08, 2012 » 07:55am

UK inventor tests the first air car

Cars, homes and factories could be powered using the air we breathe in the future, according to engineers at a special summit.

British scientists developing the technology say normal air can be used to store energy by cooling it to -190C, turning it into a liquid.

When the liquid air is later warmed, it rapidly expands into a gas, creating high pressure that can drive the piston engine of a car, or generate electricity in a turbine.

Dr Tim Fox, of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, which has organised the summit of experts, said: 'We're coming out of the cave blinking on this one and we're only just getting an inkling of how great the energy storage benefits of liquid air could be.'

Ghoste

There`s been plenty of hot air in this thread but I guess that won`t work.

Fred

No..........it's been blowing out the wrong end.  :lol:

JB400

I wonder how much energy we've wasted on all the B.S. on just this thread alone?  It'd probably power a Volt for a year. :icon_smile_cool:

Fred

We're no longer interested in Volts..........they're a thing of the past.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2012, 08:05:50 PM
Will you do me a favor,

TELL EVERYONE ELSE

Ghoste

Well it was a century old technology after all, the poor old dinosaur was doomed from the start.

JB400

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on October 07, 2012, 08:07:20 PM
Well it was a century old technology after all, the poor old dinosaur was doomed from the start.

Barely hatched and destined for the scrap heap.  :bawling:

TheGhost

Were we ever interested to begin with?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

Fred

Quote from: TheGhost on October 07, 2012, 08:38:14 PM

Were we ever interested to begin with?

Not me!  :puke:

JB400

I'm going to declare myself winner of this thread.  All pros and cons have been equally debated on here and yet, no ones' opinions have changed.  Not one of us even own this car or by short projections, never will.   Realizing this, I see no point of further discussing this car until new evidence has surfaced that might sway my way of thinking.  Until then, I do post a  :nana: to say that I'm done posting on this thread.  Anyone that agrees with me, post :nana:.  Thank you and have a good night.  See you on another thread.

NHCharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 07, 2012, 08:51:08 PM
Until then, I do post a  :nana: to say that I'm done posting on this thread.  Anyone that agrees with me, post :nana:.  Thank you and have a good night.  See you on another thread.

Agreed. This thread is :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

:nana: :nana:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Ghoste

We can't quit yet, there may be a huge sales increase for Ocober.

1969chargerrtse

Wow, all this activity since I said " Ha good one. "  I actually think you guys enjoy this thread.  I vote for the Volt.
I like Audi cars also, do I have to buy one of those too?   ::)
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheGhost

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 08, 2012, 06:24:14 AM
Wow, all this activity since I said " Ha good one. "  I actually think you guys enjoy this thread.  I vote for the Volt.
I like Audi cars also, do I have to buy one of those too?   ::)

Do you constantly try to convince everyone else how good Audi cars are?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TheGhost on October 08, 2012, 06:51:22 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 08, 2012, 06:24:14 AM
Wow, all this activity since I said " Ha good one. "  I actually think you guys enjoy this thread.  I vote for the Volt.
I like Audi cars also, do I have to buy one of those too?   ::)

Do you constantly try to convince everyone else how good Audi cars are?
If a person had a ton of negative things to say about the car, and what I read or knew said differently, then yes I would take a stand. Now throw in the dynamics of a forum and here we are. Just like Romney said. Just because a few of you try to tell me otherwise isn't going to make it be true. All information proves a few of you wrong. End of story. Just not this thread.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

New Cadillac ELR Spotted in Death Valley

Cadillac is well on its way to debuting their electric coupe next fall. This time we have spy shots of ELRs doing some hot weather testing in Death Valley along with some Chevy Volt chase cars.The debut of the production ELR, itself based on the Converj concept coupe, has already announced as planned for 2013′s Pebble Beach. Sales have been stated by Cadillac more than once as in the next year and a half – meaning before spring of 2014.
Time will tell if the ELR brings additional capabilities to the party – though the timing, along with the enhancements GM is making as running changes to the Chevy Volt suggest that the ELR will debut with a set of changes rolled out in the Volt at the same time. Expected changes are a switch from the current normally aspirated 1.4l gas engine (which is rumored to go out of production about that time) as well as extra capacity in the Li-Ion batter pack equating to better electric-only range and better range-extended performance.The ELR obviously is the looker of the pair, and will probably sell well on looks alone and better wear its price-tag in consumers' minds given the level that Cadillac plays in vs. Chevrolet. A better interior package with Cadillac's CUE infotainment (itself likely due a tweak or two around that time) will just be icing on the cake.Source: Autoweek.com

Can't wait until this one hits the streets.

1969chargerrtse

Here's a neat idea.

GM's OnStar testing EcoHub app to guide Chevrolet Volt owners on energy use

By Melissa BurdenThe Detroit News0 CommentsGeneral Motors Co.'s OnStar subsidiary is testing an app with Chevrolet Volt owners that can tell them how much it costs to charge the Volt's battery and compare the Volt's energy use to energy used in their home over certain time periods.The new EcoHub app is being tested by residents living in the Pecan Street Inc. smart-grid research project in Austin, Texas' sustainable Mueller community. The area has the highest residential concentration of Chevy Volt owners. In July, OnStar said there were 55.OnStar hopes eventually to make the app available to all Chevy Volt owners.EcoHub takes home energy use from a utility or smart meter company and Volt charging information from OnStar subscribers and Volt owners and crunches data to tell Volt owners how much energy is being used daily, monthly or yearly. The app also can show what percentage of that energy went to charging their Volt. Data is further used with electric rates to tell the owners the cost of total energy and Volt charging use."For the first time, we're able to put one of our Smart Grid solutions into the hands of actual consumers, thanks in part to our partnership with Pecan Street," Paul Pebbles, GM's global manager of electric vehicles and smart grid services, said in a statement. "Down the line, we hope this app can be a beneficial tool for all drivers of electric vehicles."mburde::n@detnews.comFrom The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121005/AUTO0103/210050395#ixzz28jBZ8tsR

Ghoste

See, now you're still just not making any sense at all.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on October 08, 2012, 12:35:43 PM
See, now you're still just not making any sense at all.
Yeah, what a shame, GM making all these cars no one wants.

Ghoste

Well you and the other GM fans want them possibly.  From what I hear, out of the millions of cars sold this year, your precious Volt numbers into the thousands.  Good work!

TheGhost

This whole arguement reminds me of something....

Oh!  I know!

Have you ever seen a religious conversation between a devout christian and a hardcore aithiest?