News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you guys use for rust protection?

Started by Back N Black, February 15, 2010, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

During you restoration, what did you use to prevent the rust from starting up again? After i got my shell from the bodyshop i sprayed every crook and cranny with rust check oil spray. In the doors, quarters,trunk extensions,inside the frame etc..

FLG

I would just clean everything and throw a coat of southern polyurethanes epoxy primer on it. Its going to need to be done anyways, plus you can use filler right over the epoxy (its actually recommended). Id hate to have to clean oil off of things, if you miss one bit your going to have some adhesion problems.

Silver R/T

Quote from: FLG on February 15, 2010, 05:47:44 PM
I would just clean everything and throw a coat of southern polyurethanes epoxy primer on it. Its going to need to be done anyways, plus you can use filler right over the epoxy (its actually recommended). Id hate to have to clean oil off of things, if you miss one bit your going to have some adhesion problems.

x2 on epoxy primer
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722