News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Imput please

Started by magnum, February 14, 2010, 07:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnum

I found this 74 this weekend and I'm going to pic it up next sat if I decide to get it. He wants 2800. but will take 2500. for it. He told me that he bought it off the original owner and that its all original and never had any work done to it. He said it does run but has a charging issue. I'm on the fence because he said its never had work done but clearly it has. The quarters are to long and the body lines above the quarters are smooth. I noticed the fenders have had work done also. The car has over spray everywhere and looks to be spray can. On a good note the frame trunk are solid but the floors are soft. I'm a little leary since he lied and when I mention it he changed subject so I'm curious if it has other issues. Just wanted to know what you guys think get it or finish the Magnum? Thanks-Rich 
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

magnum

more

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

john.v

NHCharger

Looks like Floopsie needs some serious body work and a paint job. Some nice rust starting under the vinyl roof. Unless there's a 440 under the hood I don't think that's much of a deal. Now you have two projects to do.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

rt green

if you got the car, what would be your plans for it? transportation? hot rod?
third string oil changer

charger_cody

Ok man heres my input. Honestly if you have the magnum and $2800 you are planning to buy a car that the owner lied about some issues with the car, dont waste your time. You could spend the money on the magnum and be happier in the end. But, if you come across a better deal on another 3rd gen, or any other gen, post up again. But for my  :Twocents: I would have to say pass. Get that magnum done!!!  :2thumbs:

Also, if the guy lied about it not having any work done to it, what makes you think that there could be something worse that he hasn't "mentioned".

Good luck on the decision.  :2thumbs:

Cody

kikgas01

Its not worth it. 1  it`s a 74, 2 it needs a TON of body work and paint$$$$$$$, 3, it has a 318, 4 it has wiring or "charging" issues, 5, low options, it don`t even have the console shift , 6, the floors are shot. I`ts a 500 dollar car.

HITMAN 149

i agreeeeee....
stick to ONE project at a time... UNLESSSSS you are just gonna take it & flip for more coin!!!! i've had my 68 r/t at my buddy's shop for over 3 yrs now!!!  ::) i got sucked into buying that 67 caddy coupe deville convert, cause i thought it was a cool car.... (it also ran!!! lol) but i ended up restoing that instead of my r/t!!!! ive since sold the caddy... after i saved her!! lol
but wished i had my charger on the road!!!!
and thats my  :Twocents: lol
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

charger_cody

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 14, 2010, 11:05:42 PM
Its not worth it. 1  it`s a 74, 2 it needs a TON of body work and paint$$$$$$$, 3, it has a 318, 4 it has wiring or "charging" issues, 5, low options, it don`t even have the console shift , 6, the floors are shot. I`ts a 500 dollar car.

Eh i would give 600 MAX.

charger_cody

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 14, 2010, 11:07:09 PM
i agreeeeee....
stick to ONE project at a time... UNLESSSSS you are just gonna take it & flip for more coin!!!! i've had my 68 r/t at my buddy's shop for over 3 yrs now!!!  ::) i got sucked into buying that 67 caddy coupe deville convert, cause i thought it was a cool car.... (it also ran!!! lol) but i ended up restoing that instead of my r/t!!!! ive since sold the caddy... after i saved her!! lol
but wished i had my charger on the road!!!!
and thats my  :Twocents: lol
:cheers:

Sounds like a bad thing but dont end up like hitman. If he didnt buy the caddy I would bet the charger would be running!!!

HITMAN 149

cody...
YOU ARE 1000000% right!!! cause i got soooo sucked into working on the caddy..  i even bought a 68 CDV as a damn parts car for my 67 vert!!! ugggg and didn't end up using a DAMN PART off it!! hahaha LMFAO!!!
i mean i look at it as i "saved" the caddy for someone els to injoy... but i shouldn't have gotten it in the first place!!! BUT another good thing from the caddy is i became really good friends w the guy in queens i bought it off of!!! hahaha
so it's alll a happy ending... but the r/t could have beeeen long on the road by now im sure!!!!!
ok there..... im done!!! sniffle sniffle!!! i did love the pimp mobile though!!! hehehe i was stylin!!! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

charger_cody

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 14, 2010, 11:15:58 PM
cody...
YOU ARE 1000000% right!!! cause i got soooo sucked into working on the caddy..  i even bought a 68 CDV as a damn parts car for my 67 vert!!! ugggg and didn't end up using a DAMN PART off it!! hahaha LMFAO!!!
i mean i look at it as i "saved" the caddy for someone els to injoy... but i shouldn't have gotten it in the first place!!! BUT another good thing from the caddy is i became really good friends w the guy in queens i bought it off of!!! hahaha
so it's alll a happy ending... but the r/t could have beeeen long on the road by now im sure!!!!!
ok there..... im done!!! sniffle sniffle!!! i did love the pimp mobile though!!! hehehe i was stylin!!! lol

Haha yea man. That was the kind of car you could have come picked me up we both would have popped a high dollar cuban cigar and picked up the money from our hoes!!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  :rofl: :rofl:

Cody

HITMAN 149

yea baby!!!! gottttta keep the PIMP HAND STRONG!!!  :coolgleamA:
:nana:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

charger_cody

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 15, 2010, 01:18:48 PM
yea baby!!!! gottttta keep the PIMP HAND STRONG!!!  :coolgleamA:
:nana:

Oh you know it!!!!! Ima write (owned) on the back of my hand in sharpie so when I slap em it'll leave them a tattoo!!  :rofl:

Cody

PocketThunder

Magnum.  do not buy that car for $2500.   :Twocents:         
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

magnum

Thanks guys for your imput. :yesnod: I'm going to pass on this one. Its just hard for me to pass on any Charger but the way I look at it its 2500 I can spend on the 69. My Magnum is pretty much done just waiting on wheels to get here have everything else. Again thank you :cheers: Rich.

HITMAN 149

rich...
ohhh i hear ya bro!!! cause there have beeeen many other projects/cars that ive thought about buying BUT I GOTTTTTTA GET MY R/T ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!  :yesnod:

and just think... now you have $2500 to spend on a sweeeet set of shoes!!!! hehehehe
01 BMW 740i SPORT