News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 RT seen in Movie

Started by projectanimal, November 24, 2012, 03:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectanimal

Went to see the movie ARGO yesterday and in the beginning and end of movie they have a SAWEET 1970 R/T black parked next to Ben Afflec!   :drool5: (that's for the car) LOL
It is a very good movie too!!   :popcrn: :cheers:
northwest CT

Cooter

Was watching some movie the other day on Stars channel bout a couple of DEA agents that get hooked on drugs while trying to bust the main dealer of the town, played by Duane Allman. Can't remember the name right off, but was a single word like "Caught" or something. The main character (male DEA agent) drove a '68 Charger. Green. The Female agent was palyed by Jennifer Jason Leigh..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Rush is the name of that flick Cooter.  Decent film I thought and the 68 gets a fair amount of screen time in it.  Not lots and lots but a fair amount.

Homerr

Saw Cloud Atlas yesterday, there were a couple of 2nd gens in it.

paironines

The get away car in the beginning of Blue Streak is a black 70 R/T too.

projectanimal

All good movies!!!
It is funny at a new movie when it's a race between your wife to point out the old cars first! LOL :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
northwest CT

Lennard

markrt68

Quote from: Homerr on November 24, 2012, 07:29:17 PM
Really? One will be mine then, the black one.
The film is not out here in the UK til next year, can't wait to see it now..
How was the film? Looks great in the trailers.

Argos_Chargers

WOW!!

I guess that as an Argo who owns a '70 I will definitely have to see this movie now!
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Homerr

Quote from: markrt68 on November 26, 2012, 02:11:28 PM
Quote from: Homerr on November 24, 2012, 07:29:17 PM
Really? One will be mine then, the black one.
The film is not out here in the UK til next year, can't wait to see it now..
How was the film? Looks great in the trailers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pikflyer/6153510339/in/set-72157627685366168
Kind of a bad pic.  They show up closer in the film.  One behind the other parked in the background in one shot.  A single Charger shows up in another scene.  I was thinking "Gigity, they got the local Charger club to turn out!"

Movie was pretty good overall with great production value.  At times it suffered from the Inception-like 'what is going on here' thing, which I found to be a little distracting.

markrt68

Homerr,
Yeah that's my car in the pic, got a good few from the weekend they had the car. The other charger was a blue'68.
Was an interesting few days when they turned some of Glasgow's streets into San Francisco, lots of nice cars on show.

Plum Crazy 68

I watched the old version of Red Dawn the other day and saw a 2nd gen Charger in the parking lot at the beginning.  Why didn't they take that car to get away? :popcrn:

Ghoste

It would have been too fast.  So fast, in fact that they would have been able to get way ahead of the dirty Commies and warn the National Guard in the next state and stave off the red invasion thereby eliminating any further need to go on with the movie.

projectanimal

LOL - good call Ghoste!   :smilielol:
Would have been a very short movie, by now I need to watch that on again.   :cheers:
northwest CT