News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the 1st thing you did when you got your Charger home? Do you remember?

Started by xx29440charger, February 14, 2010, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The first one I had I remember clearly because it was a rainy day when I brought it home so I moved my mothers car to the driveway and brought the Charger into the garage where I began to detail it.  It sticks out because no one, ever, undy any circumstances was allowed to drive my mothers car (no one of course meaning only me, my brother and sister were allowed to use it whenever they wanted ::) )

Mr.Woolery

Went inside, ate dinner, and went to bed.  It was a long two days' roadtrip driving there, picking it up, and trailering it home.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

jb666

Sat and stared at it in disbelief... That trend continued for 15 months  :lol:

paulgrr63

A383Wing

Quote from: paulgrr63 on February 14, 2010, 03:36:30 PM
Battery in mine was dead....so I just sat in it :cheers:

.....and went "Vrooom, Vrooom!"

Can't remember what I did, was waaaaayyyy back in March of '74 when I got my '66

Jon Smith

Took pictures I think...its not really nearly as wide as the street :lol:

triple_green

changed to oil and antifreeze, tuned it up and the went for a ride.

After an 80+ mph blast, I looked at the old radials that were on it and realized I neve should have driven so fast....the sidewall had some dry rot.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69bronzeT5

I was 6 so I don't remember....probally stared at it  :lol: When I got the Duster home I took pictures and then cleaned it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rt green

cracked a beer and just stared at it and said 'sob, i finally got one again'. i had'nt had one since the 68 in high school. i was pretty pleased with myself.
third string oil changer

Rolling_Thunder

Well I was 15...    So I only had my learner's permit - but my father let me drive it home (about a 45 minute drive) on the freeway and then I just parked it in the back yard and then went to my friends house later and bragged i had bought one.   :eyes:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Supercharged Riot

Foreman72

well...unfortunately my charger isn't home yet...but the first day i got it (while it was still in the barn) i stared...and sat in it...and stared...the first day i got it out of the barn i washed it...with natures help since it was raining...pushed it into the garage and then i vacuumed it...and stared and sat in it  :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

ChgrSteve67

After 12 years of storage I unloaded it from the truck, pushed it in the garage and called it a day.

Sublime/Sixpack

Man, that was a long time ago. But I do remember once I got it home I just took it all in visually, the interior, the body, and under the hood. Then started checking things, and cleaning it. Then set in it for a while, then took it out for a drive.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Back N Black

When i bought my car it went from the previous owners house to the bodyshop and 2 years later i finally got her home. It was an empty shell.  Another two year of putting her back together in my garage, then i finally got to test drive this pass October.  :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

After getting home with my B5 69 R/T in 98 I threw it in the garage and went to sleep,long day of traveling and trailoring.

Getting home with my 3x9 69 R/T SE,Jan 08,cleaned it up and searched for the BS.(did'nt find).It was quite the adventure getting that one too,crossing the LI sound!!!!

G-man

Staired at it... opened door... got a nice smell of 'old car' sat in it.... gently placed hands over the steering wheel, slid hands around it to get a feel, turned head to the right slightly, looked down at the white ball of the hurst 4 speed, took right hand off wheel and placed it over the hurst 4 speed.... reminiscining some more.... pressed the clutch pedal with my left foot, touched the buttons on the dashboard, smiled... took a deep breath, got out of the car and said 'wow'.

RECHRGD

1968----Went to pick up a fun loving girlfriend and uh----broke the car in.

1997----Parked it in my shop----had a scotch while admiring it and thought about 1968.
13.53 @ 105.32

41husk

I cleaned it up parked in the garage, then went out about 4 times during the night to look at it :drool5: I wonder how many times I will go out to the garage to look at the Daytona the first night :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

tan top

was 17 at the time  21 plus years back,  could not believe i actually owned  the car & model & color i always wanted  :drool5:  :coolgleamA:  ,  just sat behind the wheel  &   cranked the motor & just listened  :dance:   :drool5: :yesnod:

then wipped the rear seat  back out , to get the broadcast sheet   :dance:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

last426

jar1292

i um tried to jump the bridge and then spun a donut out in the field then pulled it into its home!
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

NHCharger

What's the 1st thing you did when you got your Charger home?  Hide from my wife.

Actually kinda funny. I told the wife I was going to buy a Hemi Orange 71 Charger SE for only $1,200.00 that ran (October 95). The car was filthy, looked dark orange with brown spots, half the lights worked, was sporting Pontiac hub caps :eek2:. I was stopped at a red light on the was home, it was now dark, the wife passed thru the intersection bringing our neighbor to work. The neighbor said "OMG, look at the hideous looking car", my wife replied, Brian said he was going to buy an old car tonight, it better not be that thing. You can imagine her dismay when she pulled into our yard.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel