News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the 1st thing you did when you got your Charger home? Do you remember?

Started by xx29440charger, February 14, 2010, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Impact

General_01

I parked the car in the driveway and went to sleep. Got home late after flying into Great Falls, Montana and leaving at 10 at night to drive back to Minneapolis, MN. Had electrical trouble on the way in. We drove the last 60 miles in the dark behind vehicles so we could shut the lights off. We would turn them on when we were left out in front by traffic exiting the freeway, then glide back behind another vehicle and turn them off until they exited the freeway and so on.  :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger RT

When I bought my charger I didn't have a house I was renting so it continued to sit behind my Grand mothers house where my brother parked it. It sat there for 3 more years (he had it there for 3 years before selling it to me) When I bought my house we pulled it there with a rope and pushed it into the garage and I let it sit there for 12 more years before pushing it out.
Tim

200MPH

Charger

Smokey Bear

Same thing I always do with every old car..... pull out the back seat see what treasures lie beneath. I really do look forward to this - it's sick, I know.

Road Dog

I hosed about 6 inches of mud and corn shucks out from under it. :eek2: The guy who sold it to me took it into the fields to go deer hunting. :shruggy: He wanted to buy a truck.  :yesnod:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

TylerCharger69

Vacuumed out 3 shop vac fulls of sand out of it...then I pulled the engine and tranny.....then the interior.....and then went to bed as to assess the rest of the car the next day.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Bob T

had a 2 hour drive back in the rain at night , got it home and into the garage , called my wife to come and have a look and cracked a cold beer and spent the next hour or so climbing all over it and congratulating myself/ourselves  ;D . wife was pretty impressed tho, and neighbours the next day were also  :drool5:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Cooter

Began to beat the huge dent out of the right rear quarter panel where it fell over into the creek off the trailer we were using...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

LeadfootBob

Rolled it off the trailer, put my hand on the steering wheel through the window, and with the aid of family and friends pushed it into a temporary resting place outside of the garage.
After this it's just a blur of economic angst, doubting my own sanity and   :hah: "I own a CHARGER! WOHOO! Is it badass or what?!"   

The thing that I vividly remember though, is sitting by the trailer parked outside a burger joint about 10 minutes after picking it up. Even like that, a bucket strapped to a trailer with decidedly untrick 14" hubcapped steelies, a brushed-on blue paintjob (right front panel in primer) and rust up to the rear turn signal lights, people driving by slowed down to gawk and point. Gotta love stuff like that!
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

1BAD68

I parked it in my garage went inside and made a big pot of coffee and then spent hours going through it top to bottom. After that, I sat in it and made a list of the stuff I wanted to do to it.

mauve66

i just sat in it looking as the EL dash lights, the coolest thing i've ever seen
but before that on the trip from Denver to COlorado Springs i left the wife in the dust and topped her out at 120 on a long straight between Denver and Castle Rock, the wife was pissed when she met me at the taco bell ....................... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

lexxman

chargergirl

Mark brought her home...since it was a short trip he carried her on the open bed trailer. He had all kinds of thumbs up getting home...left her sit on the trailer until the next day then pulled forward dropped the car and pushed her to the side of the garage...still had the race car in the bay. MAN is that one heavy car! Thank God the next time we moved the car two of the boys were up here. Then we took pics!
Trust your Woobie!

92454ss

brought her home washed it named it laci and went to the store bought a six pac and drove out in the country and cruised it....

John_Kunkel

First thing I did on my '70 was to undo the "improvements" to cooling that the PO had performed that made it overheat, put all stock components on and cured that.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mjwebb

took it right back to the guy I bought it from after filling it up and noticing gas leaking from the tank

SG1022

unloaded it off the trailer. Put a cover on it, and  went to sleep.

monkele

First thing...????

A biiiig smile in my face.....and problems to get it out from my face  :icon_smile_big:

bill440rt

'68 - I was 16. All I did was stare at it for a week in awe.  :o   Couldn't believe I finally had the car of my dreams, even though it was a pile. Many good times spent after that with my dad & younger brother fixing it up.

'70 - It was unloaded off the truck, I drove it around my block once, and pulled it into the garage. Then, I promptly proceeded to remove the 4 mudflaps the previous owner had on it.  :eek2:

'69 - 3 trips with the truck & trailer, it was finally home. I asked myself, "Where the 'F' do I BEGIN???" My wife said, "Eh, it doesn't look that bad." Yeah, sure honey.  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

royt440

Took it to my grandfather's house to get a picture with him in it.  He had co-signed the note for a poor ol' college kid.
First part bought was a strip of black "fake" fur to lay on the faded package shelf. :2thumbs:
My brother in law got to see it later that day and asked if a pimp had owned it before me :smilielol:

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

W4ATL

My wife and I went to the Varsity in downtown Atlanta, pulled up to the drive-up area and ate some hot dogs in the car.

Pix of the delivery.

http://shermanbanks.net/04_2008Charger/Pages/ChargerDelivery2.htm

elacruze

Car #1-spun out in front of house nearly going in the ditch on the way to show my friends.
Car #2-hid from car for 2 days due to 700 mile drive with very bad 3 pump master cylinder.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.