News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did 2nd gen Chargers come with any other stripes than Bumblebee stripes?

Started by jeryst, February 13, 2010, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

I'm planning on having my car painted in the spring, and I was just wondering if Chargers came with any other stripes than the Bumblebee type.

It's not that I dont like the BB stripe, its just that it seems that every Charger has the same thing, either no stripe, or a BB stripe.

Anyone have any pics of anything different?

Ghoste

Not stock but there have been plenty of custom variations over the years.  The DMCL Charger has a good one, so do the Dick Landy cars.

Charger-Bodie

70 had the optional longitudinal stripes....They went along the top line from the rear,followed it to the door scoop,downand then all the way to the rear along the lower line. nothing on the front fender.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Forgot about that one.  Musta had my 69 blinders on.  :coolgleamA: (my apologies to 70 owners everywhere)

NMike

Quote from: Ghoste on February 13, 2010, 11:02:04 PM
Forgot about that one.  Musta had my 69 blinders on.  :coolgleamA: (my apologies to 70 owners everywhere)

don't worry about it. its not like a '70 is a real second gen anyways :coolgleamA:

jeryst

I've looked all around the net, and can't find any examples.

I find it very amusing that Dodge didnt have a stripe that you could get other than the BB type.

Anyone with some Photoshop experience have some free time on their hands?

I'd love to see what a 69 Charger would look like with AAR stripes, hockey sticks, billboards, longitudinal stripes, etc.

jaak

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 13, 2010, 10:59:38 PM
70 had the optional longitudinal stripes....They went along the top line from the rear,followed it to the door scoop,downand then all the way to the rear along the lower line. nothing on the front fender.

I've always liked those....here is a pic of member Beep Beep Dave's 70 with the longitudal stripes. Beautiful car!!!

Jason

Just 6T9 CHGR

How about the '69 V21 Hood Performance Treatment?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T